Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

How Liberals Argue - YouTube
Quote:
This scene is a microcosm of how liberals seek to silence the opposition by censorship and leveling personal attacks while avoiding the issues at hand. It further elucidates their ignorance of the issues, their bad habits of changing the subject during the debate, and their wild self-constructed fantasies of the world at large.
LOL! The lady in the video uses every buzzword, talking point, and feel good mantra that the liberals always use.

She repeatedly says "I don't care".

"I'm a liberal - I like TV"!

"I'm having you arrested for hate speech".

"That is what Moveon.org says and what I learned on the Rachel Maddow show!"

"That is what Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow tell me - right wingers are greedy, they listen to Fox News, they hate gays".

"You right-wingers are ignorant, bible thumping, Christian fundamentalists".

The conservative is calm and collected and the liberal is quite angry - pretty much like what occurs on this forum.

Do yourself a favor and listen to the whole 7 minute clip. If you are a conservative - you will LOL. If you are a liberal - maybe you will hear yourself talking and learn why your stances make no sense.

It couldn't be more funny - and it is entirely accurate!

Last edited by Harrier; 08-09-2012 at 11:43 PM..

Old 08-09-2012, 11:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
For conservatives you mean.

Yeah, both sides can play that game and you are pro at it too so lets not pretend otherwise. Quips and one liners are NOT in short supply.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:31 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

How Conservatives Argue - YouTube

It's almost like Liberals and Conservatives are equally as annoying

Old 08-09-2012, 11:33 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
You are arguing that liberals talk a specific way and your illustration is a cartoon.

Umm...wow.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:39 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
The conservative in the video is arguing that Sharia Law is a threat. Sounds like the video is caricature of liberals and conservatives, what's scary is that the OP didn't realize this

Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Conservatives think we have more than 50 states? I thought Obama said we had 57 states and Conservatives say we have 50. That video does not compute.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:53 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:

How Liberals Argue - YouTube

LOL! The lady in the video uses every buzzword, talking point, and feel good mantra that the liberals always use.

She repeatedly says "I don't care".

"I'm a liberal - I like TV"!

"I'm having you arrested for hate speech".

"That is what Moveon.org says and what I learned on the Rachel Maddow show!"

"That is what Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow tell me - right wingers are greedy, they listen to Fox News, they hate gays".

"You right-wingers are ignorant, bible thumping, Christian fundamentalists".

The conservative is calm and collected and the liberal is quite angry - pretty much like what occurs on this forum.

Do yourself a favor and listen to the whole 7 minute clip. If you are a conservative - you will LOL. If you are a liberal - maybe you will hear yourself talking and learn why your stances make no sense.

It couldn't be more funny - and it is entirely accurate!
The funny thing is that by making such sweeping juvenile (and unsubstantiated) assessments about how all liberals are big old meanies and how all conservatives are such honorable prodigies, the only person whose behavior you've really illuminated is actually your own - as generally lacking honesty and insight. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to actually comprehend this. That would be why I've learned to discount everything you post as a joke.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:31 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The funny thing is that by making such sweeping juvenile (and unsubstantiated) assessments about how all liberals are big old meanies and how all conservatives are such honorable prodigies, the only person whose behavior you've really illuminated is actually your own - as generally lacking honesty and insight. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to actually comprehend this. That would be why I've learned to discount everything you post as a joke.
Uh-oh , looks like I ruffled someones feathers!

Old 08-10-2012, 04:06 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

How Conservatives Argue - YouTube

It's almost like Liberals and Conservatives are equally as annoying
I have never heard a single Conservative claim that Guam is a state. Source please? I was all ready to be entertained but it just doesn't even come close to reality. The first one did come close to reality in that it essentially mocked both the left and the right...despite what the OP thought.

In a nut shell, both sides are insane and irrational and stick to their talking points.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:33 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Uh-oh , looks like I ruffled someones feathers!
No, I think ambient was simply stating something obvious to all of us--at least, to those of us with at least half a brain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies