Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 06:50 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If he loves his homeland so much why isn't he living there?
He is living in his homeland - that is the United States of America.

Here is a quote from Mr. Manzano:

"The U.S. is my home and I wouldn't change it for the world, but my roots are still in Mexico... I love both countries. They both have a piece of me".

It astonishes me that you are so upset by the display of a piece of cloth.

Mr. Manzano won the first medal in mens 1500 meters at an Olympics for the U.S.A. since Jim Ryun did so in 1968.

Let's celebrate that accomplishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 06:52 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What is pathetic is you disparaging and micharacterizing an American Olympic medalist whose accomplishment should be celebrated. Instead you are worried about a piece of cloth.

THAT is pathetic.
No offence intended but I find this a poor choice of words. I say this as someone who is not an uber patriot.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:53 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
So you saying this athlete didn't "build that"? Did this country feed him or did he struggle to feed himself as he trained for years????
Ask Obama that one. But face it --- this guy would be sitting on sidewalks begging for a living or mucking out toilets if he had stayed home -- why else do you think he's in the USA? The money, the easy life, the chances this country gave him for which he has no gratitude, and that his own country never gave him.

That's all what he made his big display about -- the lack of patriotism and gratitude that the illegals and the anchor babies have for the country they leech off, and the lack of willingness to do a damn thing for their own country except make a display every chance they get of their false patriotism for it.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
No offence intended but I find this a poor choice of words. I say this as someone who is not an uber patriot.
The whole brouhaha is over him carrying a Mexican flag. What is wrong with him showing pride for his heritage? He carried the American flag above the other one - and the USOC has no problem with what he did. Do you remember the Black Power salute in 1968. That was egregious - because it was a political statement. This wasn't - it was a joyous and well earned celebration of a great accomplishment.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Ask Obama that one. But face it --- this guy would be sitting on sidewalks begging for a living or mucking out toilets if he had stayed home -- why else do you think he's in the USA? The money, the easy life, the chances this country gave him for which he has no gratitude, and that his own country never gave him.

That's all what he made his big display about -- the lack of patriotism and gratitude that the illegals and the anchor babies have for the country they leech off, and the lack of willingness to do a damn thing for their own country except make a display every chance they get of their false patriotism for it.
Your post is so ignorant - it is pathetic.

Why don't you bother to learn something about Leo Manzano? His story is no secret.

Your hatred for Mexicans is palpable and dispicable. This man is a legal American citizen and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
The whole brouhaha is over him carrying a Mexican flag. What is wrong with him showing pride for his heritage? He carried the American flag above the other one - and the USOC has no problem with what he did. Do you remember the Black Power salute in 1968. That was egregious - because it was a political statement. This wasn't - it was a joyous and well earned celebration of a great accomplishment.
I'm sure you would be outraged if one of those US citizens that represented Mexico in the Olympics had pulled a similar low life stunt. Imagine the reaction in Mexico if one of them had done the same, and you would not be in adoration of one that did that like you are of this idiot.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:59 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times
Are you kidding me. Send him back to Mexico.

This really doesn't surprise me though, they are probably about 10 million more "Americans", who would represent Mexico over the US in a heartbeat.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:00 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
What is pathetic is you disparaging and micharacterizing an American Olympic medalist whose accomplishment should be celebrated. Instead you are worried about a piece of cloth.

THAT is pathetic.
That piece of cloth symbolizes a great deal. People have died for that piece of cloth. People have yearned to be able to wave that piece of cloth. That piece of cloth is far, far more important than some medal.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Your post is so ignorant - it is pathetic.

Why don't you bother to learn something about Leo Manzano? His story is no secret.

Your hatred for Mexicans is palpable and dispicable. This man is a legal American citizen and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Why is he a US citizen? Money, money, money. He loves the American Dollar far more than he ever loved his Mexico. And there is no way around that fact. His heart may be in Mexico but his stomach is in the USA.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Why is he a US citizen? Money, money, money. He loves the American Dollar far more than he ever loved his Mexico. And there is no way around that fact. His heart may be in Mexico but his stomach is in the USA.
He is a U.S. citizen because his family moved to this country legally when he was four years old.

If you were interested in facts rather then spewing hatred - you would know this.

The kid and his family worked for everything they got. He graduated high school - and went to the University of Texas. His hard work and talent made him a member of two Olympic teams.

What is your problem with all that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies