Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 12:30 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times

Advertisements

I think my Constitution tells me I can call him anything I choose as long as I don't slander or libel 'The Sheriff of Nothingham'. What you may think of that is your business to which I am not subjected by law to submit.

Fortunately for you, you may enjoy the same rights and privileges. Rights and privileges I will defends to the death, unless you choose to impose your will on me.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:31 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Default Try to differentiate between the title and the person

I haven't seen anyone disrespect the office or the title, "President."

The temporary holder of that title...now that's a different matter. THAT respect has to be earned. In a republic such as ours, that doesn't automatically go with the title (as it does for a dictator as then it's a matter of survival if you disrespect and let it be known).

Old 08-10-2012, 12:31 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
This is so true... always had to love the ensigns fresh out of college and still wet behind the ears, but ran around barking orders at everyone.
Our electricians had one. He treated them with respect after they beat him up, stripped him down to his underware, and duct taped his hairy body to his chair for a few hours.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:32 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I haven`t lost any of my freedoms and I don`t see any threats to democracy other than the voter ID laws. What exactly do you speak of?
The freedom to not purchase health insurance and not pay a tax if I choose not to.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've been on these threads and I'm seeing the President referred to as "Obozo", or Obummer, or other unbecoming names. If you don't agree with the President's policies or if you didn't vote for him, you just don't. The least one can do is respect his title and realize that he is our President and should be respected as such. He is President Obama, not Obummer or Obozo.
Respect is earned, not given. Obama has demeaned the office of the POTUS through his own divisive rhetoric , actions, and Executive Orders designed to destroy the Republic.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:34 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The county i work in is full of Racists. These rednecks around here openly say the don't want any Go*D***N****** telling me what to do. I would say that doesn't cover any of his policy work at all,.
And you have all these liberals around here that say if you are against Obama you are racist. You have all these liberals around here that say welfare reform is against black people, because they believe black people need welfare.

So in other words your point is?

Old 08-10-2012, 12:36 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
It would be proper and a good thing to conform to protocol..and call your president by his full title..President Barack Obama. But what do you expect for a nation of youth that have never been taught to use a capital G when writing the word GOD? Most are poorly trained in propriety. How many young clowns out there have ever even heard of the propriety of taking off your hat when you enter ANY building- That a hat is never to be worn in doors.

If a King in the old days was seen as unfit...no one dared to insult the royal chair without being concerned about loosing ones head. It does not matter if you approve or not- There is decorum. For instance if you are entering or leaving a court room...while the Judge is presiding...which is not wise- You give a slight bow to him or her as you enter...and if you must leave you do not turn your back on the judge...You gracefully back out and give a respectful bow also.

It does not matter if you like or respect the judge- king or President or God for that matter...There is a class thing...If you are in the royal court...you are courteous ...or courtly--------In other words you behave like a civilized individual..and grant courtesy to all- even those you don't care for.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:38 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
A danger to the country in what way? Anyone else here notice how people like Donn always scamper away when you ask them to elaborate a little bit?
One way is his administration's opening the borders even further than it already has, refusing to enforce our nation's immigration laws, refusing to protect our nation's citizens from the Mexican drug gangs and Mexican Army along our border with Mexico, and trying to fight against states trying to fight against voter fraud. Shall I go on?

Old 08-10-2012, 12:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Financial deregulation caused the recession, not the Democrats.
Bill Clinton was POTUS and it was his appointee, Robert Rubins, who structured the legal trading of derivatives.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:53 PM

990 posts, read 939,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Really? Don't believe you. Have Obama release his college records. Oh, that's right. There is no college records of Barack Hussain Obama because he wasn't using that name in college. How many names did he go by before settling on this last name and how many government documents does he have in those previous names including foreign passport/visa?

If you question his college records, you're obviously not someone who thinks rationally. You don't get on the Harvard Law Review (especially as a black man) without having legitimate college records.

Birthers are racists. There's no other way to look at it. It's a direct 1-to-1 correlation.

The only people who bring up the middle name are also doing so under a certain sentiment...it's not like we need the middle name to identify which Barack Obama he is, you do so because you think the word "Hussain" is somehow an insult even though it's simply a name.

If you question specific policies (and not just a blanket "he's ruining the country"), I can take you seriously, but if you question his background I know you're not a rational person and your hatred for the man is based in something other than intellectual political analysis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies