Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:52 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,872 times

Advertisements

Look at the link of Wade Michael Page to Orange County... (The right wing capitol of California.)

Wade Michael Page: Orange County Hate Music Scene Nurtured Alleged Mass Murderer (PHOTOS)

Sad, very sad... But all the negativity and dislike for any one who thinks different than you adds up, and the youth can get confused... Just look at the threads on California CD so negative... Some wack jobs, hear that garbage enough and start to act on it..

Just saying... Negative folks, you may want to tone it down a bit.. Try some tolerance, some positive words ...

Don't want to go creating any more monsters than this world already has...

Sorry to start a thread and run... But felt this was important for folks to chew on, as to prevent this type of thing from happening in the future...

Old 08-10-2012, 11:25 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,599,484 times
What I always find curious about these types of threads, is while your motives may be completely harmless (doubtful), you have successfully created a negative image against "right wing" [anyone] by grouping them together with Wage Page.

If we are "trying some tolerance", how about some tolerance of normal, everyday, conservatives in "the right wing capitol of california"?

Old 08-10-2012, 11:34 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
What I always find curious about these types of threads, is while your motives may be completely harmless (doubtful), you have successfully created a negative image against "right wing" [anyone] by grouping them together with Wage Page.

If we are "trying some tolerance", how about some tolerance of normal, everyday, conservatives in "the right wing capitol of california"?
Why? Rightwingers have always opposed anything good for the nation, including the founding of the nation and our Federal Constitution, I have yet to see anything good they have ever done, but there is plenty of bad. Today they are the single greatest threat to democracy this nation has ever seen.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:40 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,872 times
One can be a fiscal conservative and not be a "right winger". Note I did not say Republican or Conservative..

My motive is mixed... Seriously though the rhetoric of doom and gloom or fear and hate needs to be toned down a bit.. IMO It is not healthy, for an individual or a nation..

Yes I will admit taking the opportunity to rub the nose of the Religious Right in their political rhetoric of this being a "christian nation", so on and so forth.... I have seen it and heard it my self, the anti Muslim or anti anyone who does not believe as they do garbage... It is dangerous! It should not be tolerated.. Those jumping on the band wagon of "Obama is a Muslim" fear spinning are partially responsible for these wack jobs, which are growing in numbers in recent years..

This concerns me.... Let this atrocity act as a wake up call for all of us..

Old 08-10-2012, 11:42 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Linked article has a "Hate Group Map" of the states ... I clicked ... kinda interesting.
Number of groups need to be adjusted relative to population, of course, but still, California ranks high.

Only state with no hate groups? Hawaii
Right. What's to hate?

Moderator cut: image removed

Aloha

Last edited by Marka; 01-09-2014 at 09:06 AM..

Old 08-10-2012, 11:43 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Hardcore racists suffer from low self esteem and inferiority complex, while at the same time boast inflated egos (due to over compensation). Former neo-nazi leader Frank Meeink described himself as the world's most insecure egotistical maniac. He was from a broken home, divorced parents, alcoholic father, mother's boyfriend beat her; you get the picture. He turned to neo-nazism at the age of 14.

It's hard to get people like that to tone down. But as long as their hatred is internal, ie not out there shooting people, then hey, it's a free country.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:47 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,599,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Why? Rightwingers have always opposed anything good for the nation, including the founding of the nation and our Federal Constitution, I have yet to see anything good they have ever done, but there is plenty of bad. Today they are the single greatest threat to democracy this nation has ever seen.
And I rest my case.

That is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read, and one I am not even going to challenge, because its a) completely off topic and b) proves the point the ones who swear they preach tolerance clearly are intolerant of any ideas far from their own.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
One can be a fiscal conservative and not be a "right winger". Note I did not say Republican or Conservative..

My motive is mixed... Seriously though the rhetoric of doom and gloom or fear and hate needs to be toned down a bit.. IMO It is not healthy, for an individual or a nation..

Yes I will admit taking the opportunity to rub the nose of the Religious Right in their political rhetoric of this being a "christian nation", so on and so forth.... I have seen it and heard it my self, the anti Muslim or anti anyone who does not believe as they do garbage... It is dangerous! It should not be tolerated.. Those jumping on the band wagon of "Obama is a Muslim" fear spinning are partially responsible for these wack jobs, which are growing in numbers in recent years..

This concerns me.... Let this atrocity act as a wake up call for all of us..
True -- I agree with your sentiments ... but it is eternal and omnipresent (hate) ... it isn't particularly growing of late. Only the victims change faces and colors and religions as the world revolves.

Back in the 50's when I was a sprout, my father was a social scientist employed by cities from Chicago to Detroit to Philadelphia, etc. and by the feds right up to the White House ... his work was in analyzing and assisting in development of legislation and enforcement of fair housing practices and civil and human rights issues. As a boy, at times, we lived with police protection. I answered the phone to listen to threats of my father and family and me being firebombed and shot, etc.

I'm not a bit convinced that kind of fruitcake violent mind is on the increase.
But it certainly isn't diminishing either.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
And I rest my case.

That is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read, and one I am not even going to challenge, because its a) completely off topic and b) proves the point the ones who swear they preach tolerance clearly are intolerant of any ideas far from their own.
I don't recall ever hearing .highnlite "preach tolerance" ... in fact, he is -- admirably -- intolerant, of foolishness ... especially regarding conservatives ... oh, and city-dwelling ... rightfully so ... er, leftfully so ... whatever

Old 08-10-2012, 11:54 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Not only will you not challenge, you can't challenge it, it is an accurate statement. I do not preach tolerance, I have no tolerance for people who prefer prejudicial belief to fact.

Rightwingers will always bring in a statement like
Quote:
proves the point the ones who swear they preach tolerance clearly are intolerant of any ideas far from their own.
whenever their pets are criticized. Normal people are no more tolerant than anyone else when the else shows itself to be a serious problem for America.

My statement regarding rightwing extremists on a thread titled rightwing extremists can hardly be called off topic.

This is worth reading Read This
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies