Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:52 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times

Advertisements

Don't worry as all the nanny state lovers always say if your not doing anything wrong nothing to worry about. Soon coming to everywhere USA I'm sure.............

"The system will also allow cops to get a reading on radioactive substances, and determine if it is naturally occurring, some kind of weapon or a harmless isotope used in medical treatments. “We can track where a car associated with a murder suspect is currently located and where it’s been over the past several days, weeks or months,” Kelly said. “This is a system developed by police officers for police officers.”
The system will also check license plate numbers to a watch list and alert investigators if a match is detected and quickly pull up crime reports, arrests and warrants on a suspect."

I'm sure when they run everybody out of NYC because of this nonsense added to taxing people to oblivion and telling folks what to eat and drink jaywalking tickets will skyrocket to make up for the tax revenue lost.

NYPD unveils new $40 million super computer system that uses data from network of cameras, license plate readers and crime reports - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 01:55 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,154,407 times
Yep, I heard some of those cameras are going to have speakers on them so that uppity Michelle can tell you not to eat that candy bar or those french fries.

How do you feel about Michelle? Do you think she has a lot of nerve to be telling us folks what to do?

Old 08-10-2012, 01:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,999,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Yep, I heard some of those cameras are going to have speakers on them so that uppity Michelle can tell you not to eat that candy bar or those french fries.

How do you feel about Michelle? Do you think she has a lot of nerve to be telling us folks what to do?
But, but... candy bars and extra large soda are a NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT!!!!!!

Old 08-10-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
But, but... candy bars and extra large soda are a NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT!!!!!!
I think you and the others should go out and eat more candy bars and drink more soda just to show that uppity you-know-what! Just like buying the least fuel efficient car will show all those tree-huggers!

You know, the whole taking the knife to your own nose bit?

Old 08-10-2012, 02:07 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post

What does Meechelle have to do with this thread? Oh that's right nothing.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:11 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
I think the police have used plate scanners for a while now. It was only a matter of time until they started linking things together (like the movie Eagle Eye). I find this disturbing, but the reality is that this type of technology will get better and as it does people will use it.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What does Meechelle have to do with this thread? Oh that's right nothing.
You mentioned that the authorities would now be watching what we "eat and drink," and since I first heard the wingnut claim that Michelle was going to outlaw candy bars, I just had to go there.

I can hear it now: "First they came for the Mars bar eaters and I said nothing because I don't eat Mars bars. Then they came for the Baby Ruth eaters and I said nothing because I don't eat Baby Ruths. Then they came for Almond Joy eaters and I said nothing because I hate coconuts. Finally they came for the Snickers bar eaters and there was nobody else left."

Old 08-10-2012, 02:18 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,071,773 times
'Harry, look at this and the violations this guy is committing. He is smoking a cigarette, pouring salt on his french fries and drinking a big gulp. He's standing at the corner of 6 Av and 47 St near FOX News. Dispatch a car immediately.'

Old 08-10-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
'Harry, look at this and the violations this guy is committing. He is smoking a cigarette, pouring salt on his french fries and drinking a big gulp. He's standing at the corner of 6 Av and 47 St near FOX News. Dispatch a car immediately.'
"That lady in birkenstocks just inhaled three Starbucks Triple Boom Boom Mochas!"

Old 08-10-2012, 02:52 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Don't worry as all the nanny state lovers always say if your not doing anything wrong nothing to worry about. Soon coming to everywhere USA I'm sure.............

"The system will also allow cops to get a reading on radioactive substances, and determine if it is naturally occurring, some kind of weapon or a harmless isotope used in medical treatments. “We can track where a car associated with a murder suspect is currently located and where it’s been over the past several days, weeks or months,” Kelly said. “This is a system developed by police officers for police officers.”
The system will also check license plate numbers to a watch list and alert investigators if a match is detected and quickly pull up crime reports, arrests and warrants on a suspect."

I'm sure when they run everybody out of NYC because of this nonsense added to taxing people to oblivion and telling folks what to eat and drink jaywalking tickets will skyrocket to make up for the tax revenue lost.

NYPD unveils new $40 million super computer system that uses data from network of cameras, license plate readers and crime reports - NY Daily News
So, now you are against using all the methods possible to catch criminals, hmmm, just curious KU, have you gone and lost you mind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies