Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 08:41 AM

88,300 posts, read 84,311,090 times

Advertisements

I had a bible story book when I was a kid that went through the whole bible. I especially loved the old stories of all the kings and the wars and everything.

When I was a teenager I decided to read the whole actual bible, and man, I found some wild stories that were somehow left out of that children's book I had! I remember thinking, "I wonder if my mother knows these kinds of stories are in here?" LOL.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:48 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Isaiah 13:15-18 "Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword...." NLT - Online Bible Study

15 Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. 16 Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. 17 For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. 18 The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.
And people think video games are too violent for children

Old 08-11-2012, 08:49 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,525,305 times
I always find it funny that religious people would edit the Bible and still claim they are religious.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,909,154 times
Quote:
LINK HAS ADULT LANGUAGE/PROFANITY.
The 6 Raunchiest, Most Depraved Sex Acts (From the Bible) | Cracked.com
The Bible is full of murder, adultery, stealing, idol worship, perverse sexual practices, lies, incest, abuse, slavery, cruelty and baby killing.

The very first book has rape for GOd's sake.
Slate blogs the Bible. - Slate Magazine

Genesis 34..
Now Dinah, the daughter Leah had borne to Jacob, went out to visit the women of the land. 2 When Shechem son of Hamor the Hivite, the ruler of that area, saw her, he took her and raped her. 3 His heart was drawn to Dinah daughter of Jacob; he loved the young woman and spoke tenderly to her. 4 And Shechem said to his father Hamor, “Get me this girl as my wife.”

That's just sick.

Think about this for a minute. If you had another book, which wasn't the bible, just a book full of the same stories, and read that with children, you could be charged with a crime.

Disseminating Matter Harmful to Juveniles
Furnishing, selling or presenting obscene material to a juvenile directly and in any manner constitutes disseminating matter harmful to juveniles. Additionally, merely offering to do so can be considered a crime of distribution of harmful material.

Think about it. How many people know the story of Lot and his daughters and his incest? Besides from the Bible? And when did they learn that story? When they were 18 and could handle it?
Lot (biblical person) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ezekiel 23:20
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

That's in motel rooms, people. A book full of perversions and filth.
Did you go to Chapter 35 and see how these men were dealt with...........I love it when people who haven't read the Bible in it's full context take it chapter by skipped chapter and present their false belief as truth.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

What version are you reading because the King James does not say this...........did you know people actually have sex with animals.........God actually had to tell us this is wrong. As far a kids I say the Bible should be read carefully and in full context and age considered. I read it to my kids and explained where needed. They don't find it at all offensive or sexual in a "dirty way".

If your using wikipedia or something to that please change your version.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:00 AM

33,510 posts, read 18,080,397 times
Quote:
LINK HAS ADULT LANGUAGE/PROFANITY.
The 6 Raunchiest, Most Depraved Sex Acts (From the Bible) | Cracked.com
The Bible is full of murder, adultery, stealing, idol worship, perverse sexual practices, lies, incest, abuse, slavery, cruelty and baby killing.

The very first book has rape for GOd's sake.
Slate blogs the Bible. - Slate Magazine

Genesis 34..
Now Dinah, the daughter Leah had borne to Jacob, went out to visit the women of the land. 2 When Shechem son of Hamor the Hivite, the ruler of that area, saw her, he took her and raped her. 3 His heart was drawn to Dinah daughter of Jacob; he loved the young woman and spoke tenderly to her. 4 And Shechem said to his father Hamor, “Get me this girl as my wife.”

That's just sick.

Think about this for a minute. If you had another book, which wasn't the bible, just a book full of the same stories, and read that with children, you could be charged with a crime.

Disseminating Matter Harmful to Juveniles
Furnishing, selling or presenting obscene material to a juvenile directly and in any manner constitutes disseminating matter harmful to juveniles. Additionally, merely offering to do so can be considered a crime of distribution of harmful material.

Think about it. How many people know the story of Lot and his daughters and his incest? Besides from the Bible? And when did they learn that story? When they were 18 and could handle it?
Lot (biblical person) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, the bible is truthful about how men get off course and can become depraved without the instruction of God their maker.. the liberals want to move closer and closer to the days of when men knew not God nor his righteousness.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:01 AM

390 posts, read 265,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What version are you reading because the King James does not say this...........did you know people actually have sex with animals.........God actually had to tell us this is wrong. As far a kids I say the Bible should be read carefully and in full context and age considered. I read it to my kids and explained where needed. They don't find it at all offensive or sexual in a "dirty way".

If your using wikipedia or something to that please change your version.
Just out of curiosity, do you also read them Aesops Fables and tell them they are all true as well?

Old 08-11-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Science only backs the bible when you choose to twist the ideas presented by science in a way that coincides with your belief in the bible.

The bible also stated individuals lived hundreds of years. Where is your science backing that? There are countless fairy tales in the bible, the entire book is one gigantic myth. Science can be proven.

The bible? Lol not so much.
Scientist can't make dirt...........hows that for a fairy tale.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:04 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Yes, the bible is truthful about how men get off course and can become depraved without the instruction of God their maker.. the liberals want to move closer and closer to the days of when men knew not God nor his righteousness.
And exactly how is one to know WHICH version actually represents "his" righteousness?

Old 08-11-2012, 09:05 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
It's ironic that the Bible said we were made from the dust of the earth 6 or 8 or 10 thousand years before science said we were made from the dust of the earth ..

We evolved only "after" we were made .. Science is even suggesting that we were made from "the right combination of chemicals" .. um .. all of which are found right here on earth ..

Before any of you knock science or the Bible ... take a good long look at both .. because if you try to discredit one over the other, you will always be wrong.

The Bible backs Science just like Science backs the Bible .. They are either both fairytales .. or not .. which is it? .. You can't have it one way or the other.

Creation and Evolution are both true ..

Now what's all this nonsense about being feeble? ..
I don't think evolution would have fruit bearing trees before the sun.

Genesis, chapter 1.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds. ” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning —the third day.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning —the fourth day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies