Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 12:53 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well first, I don't trust my own government, let alone a "Israeli official".

Secondly, as long as Iran doesn't use one, I don't care if they have nukes. If they do use one, it'll be the last thing they ever do.
An Israeli official quoting an anonymous source...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 12:55 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
An Israeli official quoting an anonymous source...
If an Arab farts in Israel the neocons are ready for war.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:27 AM

14,679 posts, read 14,639,000 times
It's kind of ironic Iran is one of the last Middle-Eastern nations to protect its religious minorities, including a substantial Jewish population, yet we are so quick to want to topple their government. Look how well that has worked with their next-door neighbor.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:24 AM

632 posts, read 1,179,997 times
Quote:
LMAO! Do they count farts as chemical WMDs, after all they are silent but deadly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It's kind of ironic Iran is one of the last Middle-Eastern nations to protect its religious minorities, including a substantial Jewish population, yet we are so quick to want to topple their government. Look how well that has worked with their next-door neighbor.
This. Israel was embarrassed when it attempted to "move" Persian Jews from Iran to Israel. The Persian Jews said "No thanks" and this ticked off the Israeli government.

Too bad conservatives are in bed with Israelis and or too caught up with the whole "chosen people" claim. It's unfortunate that logic is lost on most Americans and politicians. I guess the man that said politicians are a reflection of its people was right after all.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I feel the same way about the entire region, if people are too damn stupid to learn to live together after thousands of years, there's nothing a 236 year old nation can do to change that.
"My God is better than your God" is what it comes down to. That and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Good post.

Why does America want to baby sit this region of the world?

.... war is big business. Gotta keep that Military Industrial Complex churning don't ya know! Follow the money.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:47 AM

632 posts, read 1,179,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
"My God is better than your God" is what it comes down to. That and....

.... war is big business. Gotta keep that Military Industrial Complex churning don't ya know! Follow the money.

For the bold, it's interesting that the concept of jihad wasn't founded till the Crusades and that modern-day extremism is a direct result of all the problems the M.E. faced during the British colonial era.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:57 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Just like any bully. The USA will only threaten countries where they are able to get away with it.

We don't say a peep to N Korea because China would come down on our ass.
What on earth you talking about? The US has said plenty to North Korea and has been a constant in pushing for and successfully implementing economic sanctions against North Korea.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
you do notice we tend to baby sit the places that have the most oil..
Really?

How much oil does Israel have?

Old 08-14-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
At least ready to send others to war

Old 08-14-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Yes, I have heard it. I have no idea what you mean by saying it in this context.

If you mean we will be conquered by Iran unless we choose to go to war with them, that is simply kneejerk stupidity.
"If we don't fight them over there we'll have to fight them over here! "

Despite those same dire warnings during the Vietnam era the only Vietnamese I see in my neighborhood are delivering take-out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies