Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 04:10 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That has already been proven. After 911 people knew the Govt would have a crack down and went out in the largest numbers in history to buy guns. Again it happened just as Obama was getting elected because people thought there would be a crack down again...

Any time people think the Govt will make a new crackdown they buy guns..

If a ban were somehow to occur people would buy guns until stores closed for good and then they would buy from the black market.

You know this, but the grabbers sure don't.

Grabbers are funny people really with no skills it seems, and because they don't they think no one else can..

People have been making items in steel a long time and anyone with a few tools and a little know how can build a gun. That is except for grabbers.
Yep, that's what will happen: People will be building their own guns. Sure, most cannot even open the hood of their cars by themselves, but I'm sure they'll be constructing their own guns and bombs quite easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 04:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
That has already been proven. After 911 people knew the Govt would have a crack down and went out in the largest numbers in history to buy guns. Again it happened just as Obama was getting elected because people thought there would be a crack down again...

If a ban were somehow to occur people would buy guns until stores closed for good and then they would buy from the black market.

Grabbers are funny people really with no skills it seems, and because they don't they think no one else can..

People have been making items in steel a long time and anyone with a few tools and a little know how can build a gun. That is except for grabbers.
With our open border to the south there would be no problem getting guns here in the US.
And in the black market anything goes for a price.

If the Mexican cartels can get themselves submarines and rocket launchers, automatic weapons will be a walk in the park for them.

667 posts, read 516,168 times
Quote:

I think you just proved the point that gun laws are somewhat ineffective.

I am not sure if a "grabber" is anyone who owns a gun. I call that person a gun owner. I guess "grabber" makes for some catchy lingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Dude, don't you get tired of being wrong all the time?
Nope, mostly because your ilk can never back up any refutation with a shred of data or evidence. Never. It's unprecedented! That's mostly because you reside in "fact-free" zones. Your heads explode when data and evidence is put before you. As your hero, Ronald Reagan once said, "Facts are stupid things."

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Yep, let's wait until after they kill to address this. After all, if throw out some stiff prison sentences, nutcases like this and the guy in Denver and the guy in Milwaukee will think twice before going on rampages. I'm sure of it. Positively convinced.
It beats blaming a tool.... Why don't you quite using any tools you could get hurt ya know. That 'Bad Tool' could harm your silky skin.

Do a crime with a firearm and go to prison for life...... it's that simple. Somehow I have managed to not kill anyone in 54 years of owning guns... But yet you would punish me for never ever committing any crimes?

Old 08-13-2012, 04:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
No, no, Sparky, I'm worried about keeping them out of the hands of everyone, especially criminals and nuts? Is that an impossible goal?

But you're correct, Sparky, our ultimate goal is to take all guns away and force you all into concentration camps and then give all your stuff to illegal immigrants and their anchor babies.
You bet it is ! (see the bold)

Old 08-13-2012, 04:14 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Well there is a chance that the favored registration of all guns that you leaners seem to think would be so good might work. Then the government could go after that kind of weapon and later all rifles and then shotguns and then hand guns. Well in whatever order they decided might work.

Automatic weapons have been disallowed about as long as I have been around. It seems to keep them out of the hands of most law abiding gun owners.
Wow, what a load.
Registration helps law enforcement track guns and try and keep guns out of the hands of criminals, I must assume you would all for letting everyone get whatever they want, jeeeez. No one has come to get any of your guns and they never will, musings from the NRA do not fly here.

You can buy a fully automatic weapon, or didn't you know that, oh wait, maybe you can't since you are the Dictators Enemies List.

F40

826 posts, read 857,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Live by the sword, die by the sword. Enjoy the death which comes with your gun culture.

I couldn't have said it better

Quote:
It beats blaming a tool.... Why don't you quite using any tools you could get hurt ya know. That 'Bad Tool' could harm your silky skin.

Do a crime with a firearm and go to prison for life...... it's that simple. Somehow I have managed to not kill anyone in 54 years of owning guns... But yet you would punish me for never ever committing any crimes?
Wait a second, if I'm not mistaken, a couple days ago you told a story of shooting someone. Did you not say you killed that person? I can't remember the thread, so I don't know that I can verify it.

Regardless, can you explain where I stated you should be "punished" for anything other than your postings on this forum?

667 posts, read 516,168 times
Quote:
Yep, that's what will happen: People will be building their own guns. Sure, most cannot even open the hood of their cars by themselves, but I'm sure they'll be constructing their own guns and bombs quite easily.
You need to get out of your neighborhood sometime.

I don't plan on building a gun anytime soon but they are fairly simple mechanically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies