Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 02:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
It's really too bad that you never read the truth. Mr Zimmerman NEVER confronted Mr Martin, He followed him, went back to his car, where MARTIN followed him to and MARTIN confronted Zimmerman, and initiated combat.
He got out of the car in the first place, and walked up to him right?

Timeline of events in Trayvon Martin case - CNN

Thats what Zimmerman is saying, Martins girlfriend said that Zimmerman told her someone was following him, and then someone walked up to Martin and said "What are you doing" shortly after the phone went dead.

Depends on which side you believe. Zimmerman has a vested interest in making it sound as though he was pursued, but that doesn't mean that happened.

As I said before, gotta wait for the court case to get better details. But multiple people called into 9/11, and the tapes I heard of someone screaming, sounded like Martin, not Zimmerman.

No one was ever in danger, Zimmerman was told not to follow Martin, he should have never got out of his car. Thats the end story, and thats where Zimmerman is at fault, because he was the authority figure, and should have known when to stop. He didn't, its that simple.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:52 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
It's really too bad that you never read the truth. Mr Zimmerman NEVER confronted Mr Martin, He followed him, went back to his car, where MARTIN followed him to and MARTIN confronted Zimmerman, and initiated combat.
According to........Zimmerman. Martin isn't around to give his side of the story.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:52 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Look, I can't claim to know innocence and guilt here, but the guy followed someone after repeatedly being told not to do that by the police. Then he got out of the car and confronted him.

In my mind, Zimmerman did that to his own self, and now he's paying for the consequences of those actions. We'll see what the court case shows and what the jury decides.

Guilt and innocence in this case will likely be muddled up.
Police never spoke to him. Allegedly he was already out of his car looking for Trayvon when the dispatcher suggested that, he then allegedly returned to his car.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Little Georgie could end his self imposed exile and hermit status by pleading guilty to the charges.

He would have a long list of fellow inmates that would be pleased to spend some quality time with him.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:54 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
According to........Zimmerman. Martin isn't around to give his side of the story.
That's usually the scenario where someone got killed.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:58 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
I can live a normal life by taking someones life with my own hands, because I'm not going to pull the trigger unless I know damned well I'm justified in my own mind. And I be damned if the people in my town or neighborhood will run me out of my own house, because of what they think. Likely, because I would use good judgement, I wouldn't face what Zimmerman is going through.

The simple truth is that his life was never in danger while he sat in the car. He decided to get out, he decided to confront a teenager, those were bad decisions, and now he suffers for that.

If I see someone suspicious in my neighborhood, I may follow them, I might call the police, but I'm not getting out of my car unless a crime is in progress, and especially if someone is being hurt. Then I'm justified to take actions into my own hands, where they may lead.
And many people have. Self defense is justifiable homicide, which normally doesn't involve following someone (with a loaded gun) who had no interest in what you were doing until you started following them. I am referring to people who look for trouble and long to be the tough guy. Self defense is one thing, but if you intentionally instigate a situation where you have to defend your life, knowing that may be the outcome while carrying a loaded gun, that's different. The thing is, Zimmerman probably did think he was justified in his own mind, and he wouldn't be the only murderer who felt that way. It is common for murderers to attempt to fool others into thinking they were the victim.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:03 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
And many people have. Self defense is justifiable homicide, which normally doesn't involve following someone (with a loaded gun) who had no interest in what you were doing until you started following them. I am referring to people who look for trouble and long to be the tough guy. Self defense is one thing, but if you intentionally instigate a situation where you have to defend your life, knowing that may be the outcome while carrying a loaded gun, that's different. The thing is, Zimmerman probably did think he was justified in his own mind, and he wouldn't be the only murderer who felt that way. It is common for murderers to attempt to fool others into thinking they were the victim.
It sounds like Zimmerman is getting exactly what he deserves. You summed that up very nicely

Old 08-13-2012, 03:05 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I agree with you, but here is my point. If I feel justified about something, no one, no way, no how is going to force me from my home and to live like a hermit.

Guilt is often seen by the actions of an individual after they do something. If Zimmerman really felt his was innocent, he wouldn't be hiding.

I can name three news stories where a home owner defended themselves by shooting people. There was some controversy, but in the end, someone broke into their home, and they felt justified. Zimmerman, as you said, started this. So now he is facing the consequences of his actions.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:52 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Wow, really?
So you were there that night?
And are you also some sort of super secret special eye witness, as well?

Old 08-13-2012, 03:59 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Look, I can't claim to know innocence and guilt here, but the guy followed someone after repeatedly being told not to do that by the police. Then he got out of the car and confronted him.
Them ain't the facts.
"Repeatedly?" He was told once, "You don't need to do that."
At that time, he was already out of his car. When told not
to continue following, he said he started to return to his car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies