Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 06:14 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What does my location have to do with anything? Hint - I am a man so no I don't have a husband - and I sure as heck don't have a trust fund.

I am currently rather low on funds - could you toss a few bucks my way?

I believe in hard work, tenacity, and personal responsibility - I believe Mitt Romney does as well.

Mitt Romney will provide economic opportunity and prosperity for all Americans - which is why he is getting my vote in November
Ok, perhaps you might disclose your religious affiliation to help decipher your ardent support for Romney/Ryan.

"Will provide" reeks of certainty. So does "all Americans." I'm no big fan of Obama, and when I walked past his book "The Audacity of Hope" in bookstores during his campaign, I rolled my eyes, thinking "Yeah, another ." Similarly, I roll my eyes about the Romney/Ryan team. This IS NOT the Eisenhower era, so we don't need conservative Mormons and Catholics in the White House at this time. I came up with the topic because choosing the Veep is such a wild card, and when McCain announced his pick as Palin, the thought of having her, and her extended white trash clan, in the White House was indeed frightening. Also, if you need a few bucks tossed your way, you shouldn't be voting Republican anyway.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-14-2012 at 04:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 06:17 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Most of MY friends despise Sarah Palin. My friends who became fundamentalist Christians/Republicans as part of a "package" like her, yet CANNOT explain why.

Wasn't she a communications major from the University of Idaho, hailing from Sandpoint ID, and who was a weathercaster? What exactly did she have to offer? Her breadth of knowledge of world affairs is limited. Why the heck did McCain pick her as a running mate? (I'm glad he did. He lost!) Has anyone unearthed why that imprudent choice occurred?
First, did you really want an answer?
You already posted you wanted McCain to lose and for some reason you think she did it? Obama has been what to you, a success?

Palin got McCain more votes than he would have had.
McCain was picked by the media for being a moderate and by a lot of cross over Democrats voting in Repiblican primaries.
You are so bitter about this war hero moderate?

Palin speaks plainly and the truth. People like hearing the truth.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:19 PM

304 posts, read 871,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
One has to have enough geography to know that Africa in not a country. Or at least be smarter than a 5th grader.
I'm pretty sure that was a speaking gaffe, unlike plain who is completely ignorant of politics and economics and foreign policy. Since when has intelligence been important to the republican party? Bush wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed

Old 08-13-2012, 06:20 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Me, me, let me answer:

He was a disbarred attorney.

LOL. I pity people who don't know the difference between disbarred and inactive.

No, Obama was not disbarred. He voluntarily left the profession and let his license expired. He can go back to practice law anytime he wants to.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:23 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
So, you cannot provide one qualification? What a surprise. This is like when we ask you when Obama raised your taxes or when he tried to take away your guns. Nothin'.

Quick, without looking it up, give us a description of what a community organizer does. Let's see what you know.
If you don't know what qualifications it takes to be president there is nothing anyone can do to help you..
You migh want to pick up a 5th grade book to start.. If you study hard, you will discover obama is an incompetent, corrupt, POS.. Education will set you free...

Old 08-13-2012, 06:25 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Obama isn't even sure of his own name!
Hasn't run so much as a cool aid stand little American Kids pay TAXES for and buy permits for....

At least Sarah was a governor legally for longer than the One was a senator all of 176 days.

IMO Sarah should have turned McStain down..

Old 08-13-2012, 06:30 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Sarah Palin is like George W. Bush, their enthusiastic supporters fall silent when it became apparent neither had a clue.

Just don't expect their supporters to admit they were more clueless than either of those two.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:31 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
A hell of a lot more than a "Community organizer" would have.
Following BUSH didn't help Mccain one bit,

JOhn Edwards? lol

Hillary was more qualified but I don't think America wanted to elect a woman, also Hillary is a little hot headed old white women who will most likely get in a man's face... too risky

Obama was really the only Dem who looked regular...

Against Mccain, any dem would have won.

I actually preferred Edwards to be honest, I was surprised he did so bad.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:34 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Most of MY friends despise Sarah Palin. My friends who became fundamentalist Christians/Republicans as part of a "package" like her, yet CANNOT explain why.

Wasn't she a communications major from the University of Idaho, hailing from Sandpoint ID, and who was a weathercaster? What exactly did she have to offer? Her breadth of knowledge of world affairs is limited. Why the heck did McCain pick her as a running mate? (I'm glad he did. He lost!) Has anyone unearthed why that imprudent choice occurred?

I don't hate Sarah Palin, I think she is uninformed, a bad reality TV star, and a quitter of important jobs.

Has she lied to people? Yeah, all politicians have. Does that make her a bad person? If so everyone is a bad person, because everyone lies.

My dislike of Mrs. Palin is in the fact that she isn't intelligent on issues, she had someone else write a book to ficitionalize her life. She doesn't follow my family values, I'd be damned ashamed if my teenage daughter was knocked up in my house. She quit a very important job, one that many people would kill for, so she could be on reality TV, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Old 08-13-2012, 06:35 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
One has to have enough geography to know that Africa in not a country. Or at least be smarter than a 5th grader.
And know that Europe is not a country too, right?

Obama thinks Europe is a country - YouTube

Oftentimes successful political leaders are not book smart; they are good at managing people and managing conflicting interest groups. A good example was Mayor Richard "Boss" Daley, who went to community college and never met a malapropism he didn't like.

Palin was in this mold, she went up against the Alaska corrupt bastards club and beat it, and that's how she got to be McCain's choice. McCain detested Sen. Ted Stevens, who was one of those that Palin beat, and that was a big reason why he picked her as running mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies