Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 06:42 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times

Advertisements

Where is the origin of my debt to another citizen?

Why am I called "selfish" for wanting to keep what I earn?

In fact, no other citizen has a claim on MY property, including my earnings.

Taxation is constitutional.....but limited to enumerated spending powers.

This argument simply cannot be broken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 06:43 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

Why am I called "selfish" for wanting to keep what I earn?

In fact, no other citizen has a claim on MY property, including my earnings.

Taxation is constitutional.....but limited to enumerated spending powers.

This argument simply cannot be broken.
And yet it is and will not be going back so get over it basically.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Number one... It's not "your" constitution. It belongs to ALL the people of this country.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:57 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
It's in a Obama executive order saying F the Constitution I think.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:04 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Number one... It's not "your" constitution. It belongs to ALL the people of this country.

Thank you Capt. Obvious. Is reading comprehension so difficult for you as to understand that the OP meant his/her personal copy of the US Constitution? Really?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:08 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

Thank you Capt. Obvious. Is reading comprehension so difficult for you as to understand that the OP meant his/her personal copy of the US Constitution? Really?
Captain Obvious is another City Data member - quite different than DewDropInn.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:14 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

no, it is not only everyones Constitution, but it is also each and every individual citizens Constitution.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You must have one of those Tea Party abridged versions. Here is what the unabridged version says;
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
Then you have Article 1 Section 8 last clause
"To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof."
And this article which the Tea Party abridged version always skips over:

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 9 - Limits on Congress

The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

(No capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.) (Section in parentheses clarified by the 16th Amendment.)

No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.

No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another: nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another.

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince or foreign State.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:22 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
I've read my Constitution again....I cannot find "social justice" anywhere!

"Social Justice" is a code word for "Rule of men", as opposed to "Rule of Law".

"Social Justice" is what you get when actual Justice (the equal application of law to everyone) is thwarted.

So, it is the opposite of what is in the Constitution.

It is, in fact, what the Constitution was designed to prohibit.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:05 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
"Social Justice" is a code word for "Rule of men", as opposed to "Rule of Law".
Dude, all laws are the rule of men, who do you think wrote the U.S. Code, god?

Never mind don't answer that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies