Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:46 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,391 times

Advertisements

MO is rather "hippy" to be telling that girl anything about food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 01:47 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What's so unhealthy about an egg mcmuffin? All it is, is bread, eggs, cheese and maybe an orange juice.
Nutritional Information, another view.

It's high in carbs, fat, and sodium but not ridiculously terrible as a whole meal by itself. What I don't like is all the chemical additives.

But that really doesn't mean much when you consider that Michelle Obama's comments were made in jest and people laughed. This is especially apparent when you read further back into the script for more context.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:57 PM

640 posts, read 717,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And the discussion is we do not want people in government to push their eating and dietary choices down our throats, and that includes wives who use their husband's powerful position in government to legislate their preferences and their ideas to control what we eat, or effect anything else we do for that matter.
But that's not what was happening in the clip. Not at all.

And to imply otherwise is disingenuous. If someone wanted to have that argument, which indeed is valid, there are plenty of ways to do it but by creating a false issues it detracts from real problems and reduces credibility.

If the Republicans want any chance of winning in November they need to:

a) learn to separate the stuff from "the stuff"
b) grow a set
c) learn to address and report issues with facts.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:59 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The issue here is that Michelle Obama is a self-absorbed, jealous woman with confidence issues. Why did she bring up her own social agenda to joke with Gabby? When the gold-medalist said she splurged on an Egg McMuffin.....could the First Lady not have said "You go girl! I don't blame you! You earned the right to splurge!!"

Instead, what we got was a jealous, professionally unconfident woman who made seflish comments because she saw and heard her own social agenda being challenged. She simply could not make herself reliquish the spotlight for a moment while this young talented athlete relished the limelight. It was not a joke.....it was a comment that came from the deep, dark precipice of Michelle Obama's self-concious and jealous mind.

Michelle Obama is beyond worthless. I have absolute disdain for her and people like her.
Dude, you have anger issues. First, it was a joke that everyone was in on. Second, if she said "You go girl! I don't blame you! You earned the right to splurge!!" a thread would have promptly popped up on P&OC titled "Moochelle encourages Olympic athlete to gorge herself" or "First Hypocrite show racial preference to Black Athlete". Which, of course, you would have posted in with your comprehensible blather about Michelle Obama being worst than Hitler or whatever you talk about. Third, it was a joke that everyone was in on.

So you have absolute disdain for successful people?

Old 08-15-2012, 07:17 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
How blinders-on robotic and stupid can these nanny-staters get???

Sure, eating tons of fatty hamburgers, milkshakes, cheezwhiz, and all that stuff is bad for you. And if you do it without exercising, that's really bad for you. No argument.

But, explain to me how that applies to somebody who has worked so hard, watched her dieting so carefully, and gotten in such superb physical shape that she won TWO GOLD MEDALS AT THE OLYMPICS?? Especially someone who is sylph-thin and so well-toned she makes the rest of her (also gold-medal-winning) team look tubby? Someone so energetic her teammates dubbed her "The Flying Squirrel"?

Apparently this sparkling girl ate one (count them, ONE) Egg McMuffin, long after the competitions were over. And Michelle Obama took her to task for it! And even after she explained to Obama how carefully she watched her diet for years while training her @ss off and getting into that superb physical condition... Michelle came down on her like a ton of bricks. Something, I might add, that Michelle Obama is well-equipped to do, 'nuff said. Jay Leno finally had to step in and rescue her.

God Almighty, Michelle, can't you sit back and think for just a moment, who and WHAT you are calling "wrong"?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Michelle Obama Scolds Olympics Hero Gabby Douglas for Eating an Egg McMuffin | NewsBusters.org

Michelle Obama Scolds Olympics Hero Gabby Douglas for Eating an Egg McMuffin

By Noel Sheppard | August 14, 2012 | 08:52

America's newest Olympics gymnastics star Gabby Douglas got scolded Monday night by first lady Michelle Obama for eating a celebratory Egg McMuffin at McDonald's after the competition was over.
people like that should be put in thier place and told where to go. if she was my kid i would let Mrs. Obama have it!!

Old 08-15-2012, 07:22 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
people like that should be put in thier place and told where to go. if she was my kid i would let Mrs. Obama have it!!
No you wouldn't have. You'd have either been too star struck or your kid wouldn't have invited you to be there. Get a grip, it was a cute exchange and everyone thought it was fun.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:32 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
"People like that?" "Put in their place?"

Sheesh.....it really pisses you off, doesn't it, that we have an educated, successful black woman as our First Lady.

She really needs to be put in her place, that's for sure! Damn uppity!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:44 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,957 times
When I see threads like these it actually shows the liberals are winning.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:47 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,957 times
Quote:
Why don't you actually watch the video instead of buying into the OP's BS.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:49 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Pig.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies