Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 09:42 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
It doesn't matter how many times you put DEFENSE in all CAPS, it's not what I said. I said this "whole thing" is going to cost them millions. And I linked an article to show the city of Sanford had already spent about $400K and was asking the state for more money because apparently their *budget* (aka taxpayers money) was running out.

I understand your method is to shout people down when your wrong, but that doesn't make you any less wrong.

No matter how many rolled eyes and slapped head icons you post.
No, you didn't add the article in re city of Sanford costs in your first response, which is the post to which I was responding when I talked about budgets. Your sentence was incorrectly written for what you were trying to say. That's the bottom line. You didn't accurately convey what you now say you meant. Deal with it. Again, the defense of this case won't be "millions"....

FYI, I don't have a "method." I respond to posts as they are written. Period.

THIS is your post, the one to which I was responding when I referenced budgets. No links to city of Sanford were included in this post to clarify. "the whole thing" is part of the sentence talking about costs of defense witnesses. Just bad writing.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/25646331-post163.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana
Ha! Ha! Zimmerman will end up with a public defender! Good luck, Georgie! Next time think before you pull the trigger!

(Brentwoodgirl): No he won't. O'mara took the case pro-bono before he even knew there was a defense fund. It means the taxpayers of FL will end up paying for his defense. He'll get less money for the defense witnesses, but this whole thing will end up costing the tax payers millions. Sucks to be taxpayer in FL.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/25648873-post164.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl
No he won't. O'mara took the case pro-bono before he even knew there was a defense fund. It means the taxpayers of FL will end up paying for his defense. He'll get less money for the defense witnesses, but this whole thing will end up costing the tax payers millions. Sucks to be taxpayer in FL.

(FancyFeast5000): Cost the taxpayers millions.....No, it won't. The State of Florida has a budget just like every other state. There are limits to the amount of money allowed by the defense for these cases. Do you really think that every felony case taken on by the public defender's office or a CONTRACT public defender is allocated "millions" of dollars for the defense? Geeezzz. That's just stupid.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 08-19-2012 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: added link and quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 12:24 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How in the hell do you blow through 225k and you haven't even stepped inside of the courtroom yet? Has anyone asked that question?

I know lawyers aren't cheap, but damn, it's not like they ONLY work on his case 24/7. Is he using that money for something else?

Sounds like you want a refund of your donation.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:45 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumiwa View Post
I don't know if Martin was bad guy or Zimmerman is bad guy too. But was it VERY CLEAR is that everything starte Mr. Zimmerman. He did follow Martin with NO REASON and he CREATED situation in which one human die!!
I don't know what country you're from, but in America, it's not against the law to follow someone. You don't need a reason. He lived there. He had the right to walk anywhere he wanted.

And btw, Zimm was not following Sweet Little Trayvon when Trayvon bashed his head in.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:54 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't know what country you're from, but in America, it's not against the law to follow someone. You don't need a reason. He lived there. He had the right to walk anywhere he wanted.

And btw, Zimm was not following Sweet Little Trayvon when Trayvon bashed his head in.
And Zimmerman is not charged with any "offense" of following someone.

Again, many people here tend to try to fragment the evidence in order to support their desire that Zimmerman be found not guilty. When this case goes to trial, you will see the evidence presented as a "whole story" and if Zimmerman's following Trayvon is relevant to the entire story, you'll hear in the courtroom why it's relevant and how it goes to support the state's theory of the case. However, I can promise you that Zimmerman will not be found guilty of "following someone."

Old 08-20-2012, 10:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Sounds like you want a refund of your donation.
LOL...no, but maybe i should've made a large donation because i do want the guy to go free. I want his justice to go down the way he meted it out....on the streets. And he'll surely be tested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies