Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 09:53 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times

Advertisements

"Can't be true; Paul Ryan denies asking for stimulus money until shown the letters he signed asking for stimulus money. "

"Oh, it's twue. It's twue. It's twue, it's twue!"
-- Madeline Kahn, "Blazing Saddles"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 09:55 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,679,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Whoopsies!

Well, at least he sort of admitting to making a... mistake, I suppose? Well, he admitted to something and I respect that.

Still not going to vote for Vulture/Voucher 2012 though.

Vulture/Voucher 2012

Good one!

Old 08-17-2012, 09:55 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Yeah...good point...and neither was 5 Trillion, with 40% interest......yeah...your right, let's keep focused on the 20 million....the left was always so good at keeping things in order....
What 40% interest? The government pays less that 2% on new borrowing. In fact, the governments total interest bill is lower now than it was in 2006, under that other guy.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:03 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
In 2010, Paul Ryan denied appealing for stimulus funds - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

No, I never asked for stimulus,” he told Cincinnati’s WCPO-TV, whose reporter mentioned an Associated Press article reporting on Ryan appealing to two departments seeking stimulus money for Wisconsin projects. “I don’t recall—and I haven’t seen this report so I really can’t comment on it. I opposed the stimulus because it doesn’t work, it didn’t work. It brought us deeper into debt.

Thursday evening, Ryan acknowledged having sent the letters above his signature. “After having these letters called to my attention I checked into them, and they were treated as constituent service requests in the same way matters involving Social Security or Veterans Affairs are handled. This is why I didn’t recall the letters earlier. But they should have been handled differently, and I take responsibility for that.”

He did not explain why he was not alerted to the fact his office had sent a letter asking for stimulus aid from the Department of Labor when the Wall Street Journal reported on this in 2010

I thnk Romney picked the right guy. They're more alike than I thought.
He's the perfect running mate for Mitt Romney. two lying slimeballs who each disagree with the other's foremost policy achievements Romney disagrees with Ryan's "Path For Prosperity" but doesn't have the guts to come out and say it. Ryan disagrees with Mitt's universal health care for Massachusetts.

Mitt was for same-sex marriage before he was against it.

Mitt was pro-choice before he was against it.

Ryan was pro-stimulus before he was against it.

Talk about two guys who deserve each other.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:08 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What 40% interest? The government pays less that 2% on new borrowing. In fact, the governments total interest bill is lower now than it was in 2006, under that other guy.

Conservative math!

Old 08-17-2012, 02:29 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
So what? His constituents are taxpayers and paid for this bill. Weak stuff,even for a liberal.
That comment was pretty weak, for a liberal/moderate. Liberal.moderates need to stop ignoring this.
It's all over the news.

Except That One Time, Paul Ryan Never Asked for Stimulus Money - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Look, I understand it's hard for Liberals to accept that Paul Ryan had no idea what was going on in his office, but you liberals will just have to deal with it.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:41 PM

569 posts, read 671,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
We know that Ryan bashed the POTUS and the stimulus, but still begged for a piece of it, but when asked the question after the fact, he just had no problem lying.

Asked about having sought stimulus funding, Paul... • Quick Hits Headlines

Still, how good a fit is Ryan for the Romney ticket? A couple of worldclass GOP liars, working together to hoodwink the nation. Honest Abe Lincoln, father of the Republican Party, would be so proud.
Thank you! I was looking for this particular interview...

Old 08-17-2012, 03:03 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
So what? His constituents are taxpayers and paid for this bill. Weak stuff,even for a liberal.
Oh, well then it must be OK for him to lie about requesting stimulus funds...

Old 08-17-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
How can you forget requesting TARP funds when you made a big stinking deal about not doing it?
Well, you see, he's busy blaming "his office" for doing it:
Paul Ryan now says his office requested stimulus funds - latimes.com

Too bad he actually signed the letters:

Those aren't signatures from an auto-pen. They're unique signatures, by hand. Paul Ryan's hand. (but, who knows, maybe his next move will be to claim "his office" forged his signature!)

In 2010, Paul Ryan denied appealing for stimulus funds - Politics - The Boston Globe

Quote:
After seeking millions of dollars from a stimulus spending program he had publicly opposed as wasteful, GOP vice presidential candidate and congressman Paul Ryan repeatedly denied making the requests, first on a Boston radio station in 2010 and again Wednesday in a television interview.

Audio from 2010 provided Thursday by WBZ indicates that Ryan, responding to a caller, said that he would not vote against something and “then write to the government to ask them to send us money.” He added: “I did not request any stimulus money.”

Old 08-17-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
In 2010, Paul Ryan denied appealing for stimulus funds - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

No, I never asked for stimulus,” he told Cincinnati’s WCPO-TV, whose reporter mentioned an Associated Press article reporting on Ryan appealing to two departments seeking stimulus money for Wisconsin projects. “I don’t recall—and I haven’t seen this report so I really can’t comment on it. I opposed the stimulus because it doesn’t work, it didn’t work. It brought us deeper into debt.

Thursday evening, Ryan acknowledged having sent the letters above his signature. “After having these letters called to my attention I checked into them, and they were treated as constituent service requests in the same way matters involving Social Security or Veterans Affairs are handled. This is why I didn’t recall the letters earlier. But they should have been handled differently, and I take responsibility for that.”

He did not explain why he was not alerted to the fact his office had sent a letter asking for stimulus aid from the Department of Labor when the Wall Street Journal reported on this in 2010

I thnk Romney picked the right guy. They're more alike than I thought.
"Constituent servives"?
Seriously? that's his excuse?

Constituent services are help with a Visa. Or getting a flag flown over the Capitol building in honor of a deceased relative/veteran. Or getting a military academy referral for your son/daughter.

Sorry, securing $20,000,000 in stimulus funds is not "constituent services", Congressman Ryan -- it's bringing home the pork (and then, in your case, lying and denying you ever did any such thing).

"Constituent services"!?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies