Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 03:09 PM

30,299 posts, read 51,908,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Right because all the criminals would follow that law. LOL
So because the criminals wouldn't follow the law, I suppose you're okay with legally allowing heroin in theaters?

(and before anyone jumps on the "big government liberal" bandwagon, I do actually support the right to bear arms - I just personally hate the things)

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-15-2012 at 03:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I bet the folks in the shooting out in Co. wish there had been someone else in the movie that was armed.
I don't think they'd want THIS guy "protecting" them...

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-15-2012 at 03:21 PM..

Old 08-15-2012, 03:14 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
No gun when dropped will just fire. There has to be an inadvertent trigger pull. Some of you who say it will fire when dropped, really do show ignorance, lol
Categorically WRONG!

You're thinking of the colt's with the backstrap safety needing to be depressed. There are many older colts and other sidearms out there without that extra feature that will indeed fire when dropped if you're stupid enough to carry one around with one up the spout and either hammer all the way back or on the hammerless jobbies simply hit the butt of it hard enough to counter the trigger pull spring.

Attended many courses where carrying racked and ready was demonstrated as being STUPID in the extreme with the older Browning 9MM used as an example by placing in a clamp and giving it a whack on the backstrap, et-voila one goes downrange!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Nah; my bet would be those folks wished they lived in a civilized country where folks could go to a theater without fear of being shot by some nutbar with access to an assault rifle or any other kind of bang, bang.
Yep. Sad society we live in, huh?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:30 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So because the criminals wouldn't follow the law, I suppose you're okay with legally allowing heroin in theaters?

(and before anyone jumps on the "big government liberal" bandwagon, I do actually support the right to bear arms - I just personally hate the things)
Wow a fallacious argument. No surprise there.

And before everyone jumps on the "right wing conservative christian" bandwagon, I do actually support the right to arm bears.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Sheesh; how many criiminals you gotta be afraid of? You got them in quantities that you don't even fell safe in a movie theater for cripes sake? What the hell is wrong with this picture?

You portray yourselves as being free and brave yet can't leave the house without a sidearm. Can't you folks see the contradiction within. You're not free if your fears extend to going around armed all the time and that little tendancy does not indicate bravery but rather FEAR! C'mon here.

Oh yeah and in before "but we're free because we all have a choice" nonsense. That does not make you free but rather a "hostage" to your fears. You all justify carrying a 38 oz, weight in your pants because you all need to be able to protect yourselves from some boogyman or other. Were you truly the free and brave nation you portray, you wouldn't need the darn thing now would you.

You cannot have it both ways; either you're free to live your lives without unnecessary fears holding you hostage to having to carry around what amounts to a lead weightin your pants or you're a nation of fearful beings all afraid of what might happen around the next corner.

You could get hit by a bus crossing the street; what you gonna do; wear a suit of armour, or is it just your phallic symbols that make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

How stupid do you think this chit makes you appear in the eyes of others when some retard with a carry permit takes his damn gun into a theater with one racked and ready with no safety on? Moronic.
Uh yeah, after that little ridiculous rant the only one looking moronic is..... well look in the mirror.

I can have it both ways. I have life insurance but dont intend to die, I have car insurance but dont intend to get into an accident, house insurance, disability insurance, workers comp insurance, liability insurance both personal and business, see how moronic you statement looks now?

Some of you need some serious counseling for your hoplophobia. The only fear being show in this thread is not by CCW advocates.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
You know, in retrospect, I don't think so. Your society has no more nor less evils within it than any other society. The problem is with the general belief that making it difficult to obtain weapons would only make it easier for the criminals. At first that might be so but giving LEO's the tools to force compliance is the first step.

Making it difficult for ALL to carry easily concealed weapons and making the damned assault stuff completely illegal would go miles. Your country has evolved from a country where virtually everyone was armed, through a period where the majority were not in the cities and more advanced areas to again being one where the majority are not going to feel safe unless they once again perform daily functions while carrying a weapon. That's the sad part.

This debate rages on and on with a predominantly male ego thingy driving the discussions and the female doing what per-se; relying upon the male to make these decisions for them? Are they disenfranchised enough that they will be forced to rely upon their male counterparts to protect them?

Attending formal functions going to see those ladies all carrying their little rearflap cocktail purses with tidy little 380's in them?

Do you think the Donald Trumps are all packing? Rhodes scholars, Yale graduates are all walking around with their favourite Colt Defender weighing down their pants? On average this little phenomenae is restricted to the middle and lower class of society while the upper classes gaze down their noses at this silly obsession over weapons.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:46 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,725,220 times
Quote:

indeed a sad society when one must go to a movie theater with a gun to feel safe, are people that paranoid these days god how did i ever survive without ever owning a gun..

Old 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Uh yeah, after that little ridiculous rant the only one looking moronic is..... well look in the mirror.

I can have it both ways. I have life insurance but dont intend to die, I have car insurance but dont intend to get into an accident, house insurance, disability insurance, workers comp insurance, liability insurance both personal and business, see how moronic you statement looks now?

Some of you need some serious counseling for your hoplophobia. The only fear being show in this thread is not by CCW advocates.
Hoplophobia??? That must be a condition that forces one to "hop" to conclusions based on faulty comparative analysis.

Ridiculous is the one who puts insurance and guns in the same file folder. C'mon here; you're seriously going to compare your carrying a gun with buying an insurance policy? Now that's rich!

On the one hand, a piece of paper that indemnifys you against costs involved through a bad event in your life and you'd equate that to carrying a tool designed for killing which may or may not save your azz?

You've got bigger problems than I thought folks.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
indeed a sad society when one must go to a movie theater with a gun to feel safe, are people that paranoid these days god how did i ever survive without ever owning a gun..

Tell that to Obama's Secret Service detail. Maybe they will all give up their guns and blow bubbles at the next person that shoots at the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies