Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 11:13 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,693,191 times

Advertisements

it's a good thing it was his butt and not somebody's kid that got shot, do these peoole have rocks for brainsgun crazy moron!!!

Nevada man accidentally shoots himself in the butt at the movies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 11:27 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,551,530 times
Nothing wrong with CCW in a movie theater as long as he was following all the laws.

Now it was a bone headed move not secure the gun properly I give you that.

If he was licensed to carry most likely it will now be revoked and potential charge with some sort of negligence.

I would have been pissed off as well that one of my family or friends could have gotten shot by his stupidity.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:33 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,445,488 times
But I thought all CCW's were trained properly and would save lives in a catastrophic event?

This guy can't even save his own a$$...literally.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:34 AM

6,513 posts, read 7,518,817 times
Dummy.

Do they now need to add 'put the safety on your weapon' to the disclaimers before the movie starts?

"Please, turn off your cell phone, be quiet, and don't shoot yourself."

Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 AM

Full story
http://www.rgj.com/article/20120814/...nclick_check=1

Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Dummy.

Do they now need to add 'put the safety on your weapon' to the disclaimers before the movie starts?

how bout no guns allowed in movie theaters

Old 08-15-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
how bout no guns allowed in movie theaters
Right because all the criminals would follow that law. LOL

Old 08-15-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Right because all the criminals would follow that law. LOL
face it that day is coming,, security guards will be at all movie theater entrances.. blame it on the nut job whaco's who carry guns

do you think the movie theater in question will let people with guns enter their establishment after this ordeal,??? you know it could have been anybody's kid that got shot!!! and not some azz holes butt.. it's always the stupid that ruin it for everybody else. but thats the way it works ...

Old 08-15-2012, 12:02 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,751,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post

As I'm sure you were pointing out, anyone who needed that reminder, should leave his gun at home where a responsible person can take care of it.

BTW, some guns, such as most Glock pistols, don't have safeties. Not that it really matters - this idiot obviously had a round chambered, in addition to carrying his gun in a way that made the pistol ready to fire with nor more than usual pressure.

Anybody know what kind of gun this was?

-------------------------------

ON EDIT: Hmmm, the article says the gun "...fell out of his pocket and discharged when it hit the floor".

Even a Glock won't do that, unless it's in REALLY bad shape. But a gun with a safety, whose safety is left off, might... if you're dumb enough to leave a round in the chamber with the gun rattling around unsecured in a pocket instead of a correctly-made holster.

Not much different from leaving your car "parked" with the trans NOT in Park, the brake NOT on, and the engine running. Takes a certain mentality to achieve all that at the same time.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
face it that day is coming,, security guards will be at all movie theater entrances.. blame it on the nut job whaco's who carry guns

do you think the movie theater in question will let people with guns enter their establishment after this ordeal,??? you know it could have been anybody's kid that got shot!!! and not some azz holes butt.. it's always the stupid that ruin it for everybody else. but thats the way it works ...
I blame it on nut job wackos period.

As a business they can do as they please as long as they are following all laws.

For me I will keep carrying where the law allows and stay out of businesses that don't want my patronage because I carry.

Unfortunately for liberal's their vision of a utopian society is actually a gulag in Siberia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies