U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2012, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,029,506 times
Reputation: 6128

Advertisements

In a nutshell it boils down to raising taxes, spending recklessly on entitlement programs and pork barrel projects, increasing dependence on government, weakening our prestige in the world, endangering our national security, hindering job growth and economic prosperity, attacking families and family values, and using the barrel of a gun to force equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity: in other words - socialsim.

Something stinks.


Ronald Reagan tells joke about Democrats - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2012, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Pluto's Home Town
9,995 posts, read 11,673,452 times
Reputation: 5580
Feel better now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2012, 12:03 PM
 
Location: New London County, CT
8,950 posts, read 10,179,704 times
Reputation: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
In a nutshell it boils down to raising taxes, spending recklessly on entitlement programs and pork barrel projects, increasing dependence on government, weakening our prestige in the world, endangering our national security, hindering job growth and economic prosperity, attacking families and family values, and using the barrel of a gun to force equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity: in other words - socialsim.

Something stinks.


Ronald Reagan tells joke about Democrats - YouTube
Actually here's the Democrat Party Platform from 2008: The Democratic Party Platform | Democrats.org

There will be a new one soon. It's over 50 pages-- Lots of readin' But you'll be better informed. Not a single thing you said above is correct, but I guess why listen to actual Democrats when you can listen to Fox News.

Amazing. If you were graded on your "truthiness" or "factuality" you'd get a zero....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2012, 12:05 PM
 
11,371 posts, read 7,346,239 times
Reputation: 4523
To a Republican socialism equals anything they don't agree with. It's hard to debate with folks who have no idea what they are talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2012, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,029,506 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Actually here's the Democrat Party Platform from 2008: The Democratic Party Platform | Democrats.org

There will be a new one soon. It's over 50 pages-- Lots of readin' But you'll be better informed. Not a single thing you said above is correct, but I guess why listen to actual Democrats when you can listen to Fox News.

Amazing. If you were graded on your "truthiness" or "factuality" you'd get a zero....
I was going to link to that page - and I instead thought in best to boil it all down to a few words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2012, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,029,506 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Not a single thing you said above is correct..
Really? The Democrats are going to pledge to NOT raise taxes? If you can show that this is true - I might just vote for President Obama!

Unlikely - but it will certainly make me interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2012, 12:08 PM
 
Location: New London County, CT
8,950 posts, read 10,179,704 times
Reputation: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I was going to link to that page - and I instead thought in best to boil it all down to a few words.
You should go to that page and read what is says. You'd be enlightened as to what the Democratic platform is-- and probably find that most of it aligns with your best interests. Turn off Fox News and read. Especially since every single thing you said about the Democratic platform is wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2012, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,492 posts, read 51,367,509 times
Reputation: 24613
Always believe an ACTOR because they cannot tell a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2012, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,029,506 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
You should go to that page and read what is says. You'd be enlightened as to what the Democratic platform is-- and probably find that most of it aligns with your best interests. Turn off Fox News and read. Especially since every single thing you said about the Democratic platform is wrong...
I did go to that page before I created this thread - and I read enough. I stand by my distillation of all that liberal propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2012, 12:10 PM
 
46 posts, read 30,801 times
Reputation: 19
Nice post. Democrats are all about paganism and that's the bottom line there. Call me....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top