Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 05:24 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,946 times

Advertisements

Well, I already know who I'll vote for, I just haven't decided if I'm going to yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I agree that a large majority already know what they will do. There surely are a few who don't. I'd guess 3-6% tops.
Wow - you think that big of a percentage? That's the group it takes to win an election, then.

Sure doesn't seem that either side is doing a very good job at reaching those undecided voters . . . the mean spirited ads have certainly turned me off to politics, in general. Can't imagine how it must feel to someone who isn't committed to a political party.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Well, I already know who I'll vote for, I just haven't decided if I'm going to yet.
You mean, you may just sit this one out?

Two of my sons friends have said they were not voting b/c they were disgusted with politics in general . . . so they simply were not going to vote.

I tried to tell them - their votes really do matter! But no convincing them. They are just turned off.

Last edited by brokensky; 08-15-2012 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-15-2012, 05:29 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
the pundits are saying that about 8-10% of voters have yet to decide who they are going to vote for at this point, and a good percentage of those wont make up their minds until just before voting day. its the undecided independents that will swing the election one way or the other. by the way, of the 90% of voters that have already made up their minds, you can figure a good 5-6% of those will either change their minds, of give serious consideration to changing their minds in the coming weeks left. this election isnt over yet and it will be fairly close unless there is a serious october surprise that swings things one way or the other.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
What are they waiting for, marshall law. If they don't know by now, either they haven't got the handout they wanted or their total idiots.
LOL, I have no idea. You need to ask Danin.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the pundits are saying that about 8-10% of voters have yet to decide who they are going to vote for at this point, and a good percentage of those wont make up their minds until just before voting day. its the undecided independents that will swing the election one way or the other. by the way, of the 90% of voters that have already made up their minds, you can figure a good 5-6% of those will either change their minds, of give serious consideration to changing their minds in the coming weeks left. this election isnt over yet and it will be fairly close unless there is a serious october surprise that swings things one way or the other.
It seems to me that people have such definite ideas about the candidates . . .hard for me to imagine someone changing their minds at the last minute . . . but this IS what I hear from the pollsters out there.

I think some folks may not be sure about Romney, but for the life of me, I can't imagine someone who has been an Obama supporter suddenly thinking a Republican looks viable. I just can't, lol. The folks I know who voted for Obama and are unhappy with his administration were saying they were fed up a year ago and it wouldn't matter who was running against him - they were sincerely worried about the national debt and unemployment - so - they were adamant - "anyone is better than Obama."

And my frieinds who are solid supporters of Obama . . . I ask them - "are you stll pleased with his performance" and they will tell me . . . "He inherited a mess. He needs four more years to get things figured out."

Old 08-15-2012, 05:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You mean, you may just sit this one out?

Two of my sons friends have said they were not voting b/c they were disgusted with politics in general . . . so they simply were not going to vote.

I tried to tell them - their votes really do matter! But no convincing them. They are just turned off.
I agree that voting for someone other than Obama and Romney at least makes the statement that you don't like the choices the two major parties are offering.

Not voting could mean that you are just too lazy.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:42 PM

552 posts, read 738,736 times
I think there are a large amount of people that will vote depending on the economy. I also think that Americans are generally idiots and are completely misinformed. So they may change there vote based on information that is new to them.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:42 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It seems to me that people have such definite ideas about the candidates . . .hard for me to imagine someone changing their minds at the last minute . . . but this IS what I hear from the pollsters out there.

I think some folks may not be sure about Romney, but for the life of me, I can't imagine someone who has been an Obama supporter suddenly thinking a Republican looks viable. I just can't, lol. The folks I know who voted for Obama and are unhappy with his administration were saying they were fed up a year ago and it wouldn't matter who was running against him - they were sincerely worried about the national debt and unemployment - so - they were adamant - "anyone is better than Obama."

And my frieinds who are solid supporters of Obama . . . I ask them - "are you stll pleased with his performance" and they will tell me . . . "He inherited a mess. He needs four more years to get things figured out."
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. They must be your friends!

Old 08-15-2012, 05:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
One need only look at the many speeches delivered by Obama on the topic of illegals.
No amnesty?
No head of line pass?
They will have to follow the same path legals follow.
Today thousands of illegals flocked to fill out their papers....
No they didn't have to return to their own country and apply as legals have to do.
No they don't have to wait for approval to get a visa.
No wait what so ever.
Where is Obama's team of explainers to tell us all what Obama, a lawyer trained to be very specific in what he says, really meant?
How can anyone believe a single word the man utters?
I refuse to vote for such a blatent liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies