Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 11:58 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It can. It depends on how it is interpreted and practiced. Muslims in America don't have to be like the ones in Yemen today. This is the same as it was with christianity, which used to like to burn women as witches and carry out crusades against the unbelievers just a few hundred years ago.
Really do you have proof, because this is what I found..............

Salem witch trials - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Historian Clarence F. Jewett included a list of other people executed in New England in The Memorial History of Boston: Including Suffolk County, Massachusetts 1630–1880 (Ticknor and Company, 1881). He wrote,
The following is the list of the 12 persons who were executed for witchcraft in New England before 1692, when 24 other persons were executed at Salem, whose names are well known. It is possible that the list is not complete ; but I have included all of which I have any knowledge, and with such details as to names and dates as could be ascertained : — 1647, — "Woman of Windsor," Connecticut (name unknown)[later identified as Alice Young], at Hartford. 1648, — Margaret Jones, of Charlestown, at Boston. 1648,— Mary Johnson, at Hartford. 1650? — Henry Lake's wife, of Dorchester. 1650?—Mrs. Kendall, of Cambridge. 1651, — Mary Parsons, of Springfield, at Boston. 1651, — Goodwife Bassett, at Fairfield, Conn. 1653,—Goodwife Knap, at Hartford. 1656, — Ann Hibbins, at Boston. 1662, — Goodman Greensmith, at Hartford. 1662,— Goodwife Greensmith, at Hartford. 1688,— Goody Glover, at Boston."[5]

Witch trials in the Early Modern period - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The height of the European trials were between 1560 and 1630, with the large hunts first beginning in 1609.[2] During this period, the biggest witch trials were held in Europe, notably the Trier witch trials (1581–1593), the Fulda witch trials (1603–1606), the Würzburg witch trial (1626–1631) and the Bamberg witch trials (1626–1631).
In the later eighteenth century, witchcraft had ceased to be considered a criminal offense throughout Europe, but there are a number of cases which were not technically witch trials which are suspected to have involved belief in witches at least behind the scenes. Thus, in 1782, Anna Göldi was executed in Glarus, Switzerland, officially for the killing of her infant, a ruling at the time widely denounced throughout Switzerland and Germany as judicial murder. Like Anna Göldi, Barbara Zdunk was executed in 1811 in Prussia not technically for witchcraft but for arson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
No, he has never admitted to any such thing.
It's out there look it up.....he says his father was Muslim and living in Indonesia he was apart of it, seems natural to follow his father. If he said it why are you acting like it's a bad thing?

Quote:
You all just hear what you want to hear. And since so many of you think the entire world's population of Muslims are our enemies, and since you all want to hate President Obama, it just fits your twisted and delusional agenda to believe he's something that he is not.
I did not say Muslims were our enemy, but radical Muslims are. By you denying President Obama saying he's Muslim you seem a little embarrassed he would be Muslim.

Quote:
Why does he keep having to "walk it" with you? What's he supposed to do? Nail a freaking cross to himself and parade through the streets?
I really don't know any Christian that would bow to the Saudi King or say the calling of "adhan" was the most beautiful sound in the world. I don't expect you to know what the Christian walk is and your response showed how naive you really are.

Quote:
I see. Anyone who chooses to be a Muslim is ok with you - as long as they don't practice their religion in this country.
We are talking about the President and I for one expect my President to be truthful....what's wrong with him being a Muslim-Christian..........if this is what he is the truth is better than a lie. He's the one that has said it than retracted.......... whys that??

Last edited by wildflower82; 08-18-2012 at 12:23 PM..

Old 08-18-2012, 12:16 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Lets see how HD answers you on this one. I say he has already answered you over an hour later.
Did you actually not realize it was a joke?

Old 08-18-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's because Islam does not allow for freedom of religion. That's the catch.
How is that a catch?

Old 08-18-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obama was born a Muslim and Islam does not allow it's followers to convert to anything else.
According to Islam, everybody is born a Muslim.

Even you were.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Too much nonsense here to respond to everyone. Here are a few of my responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
According to Islam if one's father is Muslim then one is a Muslim. Since President Obama's father was a Muslim according to Islam he is a Muslim whether he admits or not. I doubt the Pope's father was a Muslim.
Obama's father was an atheist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Mexican Law is not US Law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
What I mean is that only US Law matters as far as his requirements are concerned.
If he is considered a citizen by Mexico has no consequence for him in as far as the Law that we are governed by and fall under in our nation..
These two quotes, posted by a birther, are hilarious. The poster is correct, of course. But British law is not US law either, nor is Indonesian law US law. Mexican, British, nor Indonesian law trumps US law, nor means a thing under US law.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:24 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

I really don't know any Christian that would bow to the Saudi King
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bush kisses saudi prince 4-15-09 « Say It Ain't So Already

I guess kissing one is ok, though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 08-18-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
According to Islam, everybody is born a Muslim.

Even you were.
No Jewish culture...........

Old 08-18-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bush kisses saudi prince 4-15-09 « Say It Ain't So Already

I guess kissing one is ok, though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Since this is about Presdient Obama why bring in President Bush. Guess it's all you had!!!

No kissing the Saudi King was not a good choice.........HAHaHa got you there

Old 08-18-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Too much nonsense here to respond to everyone. Here are a few of my responses.
Obama's father was an atheist.
You people seem to not know the difference between culture/race and religion. Muslim is not a religion the last I checked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies