Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 07:49 PM

414 posts, read 344,707 times

Advertisements

This is just a reminder to the young voters who weren't old enough to vote in the last election. You probably are not aware but Barack Obama let it slip that he was a Muslim in a interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos. This is not a slip ANY Christian would make. It would be unwise for you young voters to vote for a commander in chief that is a Muslim because we are engaged in a war against terror with Muslims. They are a silent enemy. They blend in with you at work, in crowds, our government and military and now they have reached the highest office in our land, the oval office. It is wise to vote for a true American for President that has no Muslim traits and heritage. Mitt Romney is that man. Just a reminder. John Jay, the first chief justice of the Supreme Court said this in a letter to George Washington who was drafting the presidential qualification clause for the Constitution:

New York 25 July 1787

'Permit me to hint, whether it would not be wise & seasonable to provide a strong check to the admission of Foreigners into the administration of our national Government; and to declare expresly that the Command in chief of the american army shall not be given to, nor devolve on, any but a natural born Citizen.'

Just a reminder:

Obama: "My Muslim Faith" - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 08:07 PM

764 posts, read 597,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
This is just a reminder to the young voters who weren't old enough to vote in the last election. You probably are not aware but Barack Obama let it slip that he was a Muslim in a interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos. This is not a slip ANY Christian would make. It would be unwise for you young voters to vote for a commander in chief that is a Muslim because we are engaged in a war against terror with Muslims. They are a silent enemy. They blend in with you at work, in crowds, our government and military and now they have reached the highest office in our land, the oval office. It is wise to vote for a true American for President that has no Muslim traits and heritage. Mitt Romney is that man. Just a reminder. John Jay, the first chief justice of the Supreme Court said this in a letter to George Washington who was drafting the presidential qualification clause for the Constitution:

New York 25 July 1787

'Permit me to hint, whether it would not be wise & seasonable to provide a strong check to the admission of Foreigners into the administration of our national Government; and to declare expresly that the Command in chief of the american army shall not be given to, nor devolve on, any but a natural born Citizen.'

Just a reminder:

Obama: You’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith and you’re absolutely right that that has not …
Stephanopoulos (interrupting): Your Christian faith.
Obama: My Christian faith. Well, what I’m saying …
Stephanopoulos (interrupting): Connections, right.
Obama (continuing) is that he hasn’t suggested that I’m a Muslim, and I think that his campaign upper echelons have not either. What I think is fair to say is that coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I’m not what who I say I am when it comes to my faith, something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time.

What he was saying that John McCain himself hadn't came out and said he was a Muslim, while others in the right had.

Also, the guy has overseen the continuing decimation of Muslims Extremists in the Middle East. Civilians have died because of the increase in drone strikes. Don't get me wrong, civilians dying is a bad thing. But to suggest someone who is willing to continue these drone strikes even with the collateral damage they bring, is a "Muslim Sympathizer", or is weak on Muslim Extremists is ridiculous. It's over and done with. That right wing false narrative died long ago, when the most wanted man in the world (who was a Muslim Extremist) was taken out...

Old 08-15-2012, 08:17 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
It is wise to vote for a true American for President that has no Muslim traits and heritage. Mitt Romney is that man. Just a reminder. John Jay, the first chief justice of the Supreme Court said this in a letter to George Washington who was drafting the presidential qualification clause for the Constitution:

New York 25 July 1787

you do know that romney is also a mexican citizen, don't you steve?

Mexican nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The constitution declares that Mexicans by birth (natural born Mexicans) are the following:[1]

- individuals born in Mexican territory regardless of the nationality of their parents;

- individuals born abroad if one or both of their parents was a Mexican national born in Mexican territory;

- individuals born abroad if one or both of their parents was a Mexican national by naturalization; and

- individuals born in Mexican merchant or Navy ships or Mexican merchant or Army aircraft

Old 08-15-2012, 08:26 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
This is just a reminder...
... that some right wingers are so transcendentally stupid that they actually believed that Obama was making some sort of sectarian admission here.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:42 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
A: This really means nothing.
B: Even if Obama was Muslim, it still means nothing.

All in all, a non-issue.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:01 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
i think steve saw this thread going differently.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:02 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,816 times
if you think this will get him ousted go for it.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:28 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:

New York 25 July 1787

Just a reminder:

Obama engaged in war against his own people? Killing Bin Ladin and his followers? Destroying Al Qaeda? Who but some idiot, counterfeit christian nutcase could actually believe that?

Old 08-16-2012, 05:58 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
All this talk about Obama being a Muslim is silly.

The Republicans have a Palestinian Muslim sympathizer deciding the financial future of the country. He sets monetary and tax policy. He decides who pays what and when. He's pretty much is in control of the economy. They sign pledges to his organization and bow when is name is mentioned. Tom Coburn is only the member on Congress to tell him no.

Cognitive dissonance is everywhere.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:19 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
The OP promotes a High Priest of the Mormons who is sworn to abide by the rules of the Mormon church. You may believe that the Mormon church is aligned with Christianity in fact it is not.

If you are a Christian you need to investigate the rules and objectives of the Mormon church and see with your own eyes that Mitt Romney, if elected, will try to push the beliefs of his church on the American people. It is his sworn duty to do so. If you want to be fearful of someone then Romney is your man.

President Obama is no more Muslim than the Pope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies