Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 10:09 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times

Advertisements

An Obama 2nd term will drive people to have more guns than the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 10:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Gun sales surge after Obama's election - CNN

Indeed! In 2008 gun sales also zoomed!

I imagine that the gun merchants wish that President Obama could run for a third term.
I am sure they do. The gun laws have been relaxed quite a bit in recent years, while NRA has been ramping up the propaganda to claim the opposite. That is always great news for gun manufactureres.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:12 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Hardly surprising. People are generally ignorant and that ignorance continues to spike, along with gun sales. Violent crime has been decreasing for many years and most folks are no more competent handling a firearm than they are handling an automobile or their partner's genitals.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
An Obama 2nd term will drive people to have more guns than the military.
Absolutely. It's difficult to overstate the prevalence of paranoid gun nuttery in particular regions in this ignorant nation. FIrst, the nonsense is put out there: "The UN is about to take away our guns!" "Eric Holder just signed a bill making handguns illegal!" In certain parts of the country, this type of nonsense is spread and there is exactly no one who presses the ignoramuses for documentation of the ridiculous claims. So it just sits out there and festers. The sad part is that most of these start with a smart person who creates the falsehood, knowing the yokels will lap it up. And you folks fall for it every single time.

Dance, Howdy, dance!

Old 08-17-2012, 10:18 AM

Politicians want to be armed with body guards & LE. They want to put a plan in place to take away freedoms slowly.They want full spectrum dominance on the peasants. Fortunately our founding fathers saw the tyranny and made the 2nd amendment to bear arms.

Power belongs to the people not the government.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sure they do. The gun laws have been relaxed quite a bit in recent years, while NRA has been ramping up the propaganda to claim the opposite. That is always great news for gun manufactureres.
I was listening to someone the other day who is on the NRA e-mail list. He said that, literally, every day and e-mail arrives warning that Obama and Holder are coming for your guns.

Think about the millions receiving this garbage. Think about the demographics of those receiving it. Think about the median IQ we are dealing with on such lists. Think about the segment composed of paranoid gun fondlers.

I hate to be cynical, but I find it hard to believe we are not screwed. People are increasingly comfortable being functionally illiterate in civics and in most knowledge, in general. When you are intensely ignorant, you are all the more gullible, all the more liable to believe nonsense. And it ain't getting any better and it probably will never get any better.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I was listening to someone the other day who is on the NRA e-mail list. He said that, literally, every day and e-mail arrives warning that Obama and Holder are coming for your guns.

Think about the millions receiving this garbage. Think about the demographics of those receiving it. Think about the median IQ we are dealing with on such lists. Think about the segment composed of paranoid gun fondlers.

I hate to be cynical, but I find it hard to believe we are not screwed. People are increasingly comfortable being functionally illiterate in civics and in most knowledge, in general. When you are intensely ignorant, you are all the more gullible, all the more liable to believe nonsense. And it ain't getting any better and it probably will never get any better.
So we have no right to have arms?

Old 08-17-2012, 10:27 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
Of course we do , assuming one isnt a convicted felon or fruitloop

Old 08-17-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
So we have no right to have arms?
You're another genius. Yes, because I don't want guns in the hands of paranoid, bedwetting schizophrenics or incompetents, I believe no one should have the right to own guns. Beautiful logic.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post

I am a long time NRA member, and I receive mail all the time saying that this month there is "the worst anti-gun measure in US history" in the makings. So, to them every month is the worst in US history. I just throw the letters in the garbage and keep the American Rifleman magazine. Nothing they say about politics is true. This year is election year and they are spending millions to smear Obama, and to promote Romney. I did not pay my membership fee this year, because I do not want my money used for political propaganda. For some reason they still send the mail, and the magazine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies