Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 04:22 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,619,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Quick FYI....

Those would be State schools, and state teachers and the federal government has nothing to do with them...
Bush Jr federalized them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 06:17 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,159,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
Bush Jr federalized them.
Who pays their salaries, the federal government, or the state?

Old 08-19-2012, 07:14 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,862,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
We'll just see about that. I predict nothing will happen to him, to the surprise and disappointment of those who would want to use an iron fist to retaliate.
The funny thing is that it is always people like him (or her) who get bent out of shape when I say that government is just a Mafia family with official letterhead.

"You are in our territory, so you gotta pay up. Oh, you better do what we say. And if you see us do something that you don't like, keep your mouth shut."

Old 08-19-2012, 07:14 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,619,227 times
I don't think that matters much. In fairness today's workforce may or may not be state fund educated, tomorrow won't be.

But back to what matters, public school education hardly makes anyone what they are in the workforce.

My daughter is 2, knows her abc's and 123's an hasn't attended school yet.

She is also bi-lingual. So she speaks, knows numbers an her alphabet. Pretty much all school offers you once you leave the 12th grade.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:17 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,571,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I can't believe that conservatives are actually happy with the lack of respect that was shown to our country's Vice President. What happened to showing respect for the office even if you disagree with the policies?
There was no disrespect to the vice president at all! the man totally disagree with their policies and refuse to help them in any way shape or form to publicize their crazy agenda i would have done the same!

Old 08-19-2012, 07:18 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,198,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The right wing media machine has lied to you. Obama never said that you did not build your business.

Let me share something with you
I HEARD his words I do not need it to be told to me
I also hear his words trying like hell to say he didn't
if you choose to be blinded by this son of a bitc*
then you have that right
but do not insult me by thinking telling me the sky is really green when I can plainly see it is not!
Go peddle your bull crap to some one else

Old 08-19-2012, 07:20 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,571,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right-

People are tired of the bullying and authoritarian nature of the left. The leftists are just totalitarianists of a different stripe who are indifferent to the needs of the nation. Witness the marked popularity of Chik- Filet.

Witness Obama cheating the owner of the Bud tent at the Iowa State Fair out of $25K. Did he care? No- it is all about him. The funny part was when the owner of the pork chop tent told the secret service to go to hell and that Obama could stand in line like everyone else. As a result, they did not lose a dime with Obama's vist. Incidentally, a secret service guy DID stand in line and gave it to the anointed one.
Um, so a business that donates to keep fellow citizens from having a right that THEY HAVE isn't bullying? Gay people have EVERY RIGHT to get married and anobody who thinks otherwise is a BIGOT. If you are FOR HETEROSEXUAL marriage but are against GAY marriage, then YES you are a bigot. since in this country the laws are to apply to EVERYBODY EQUALLY. this means that either EVERYBODY can get married or NOBODY CAN. Are you saying being against the ku klux klan is bullying? conservatives and their circular arguments. Being against bigotry is NOT BIGOTRY. and we are NOT FOOLED by your circular argument.

Tolerance has to do with tolerating people for traits that they have that they didn't choose like skin color, sexual orientation, gender. it has NOTHING to do with TOLERATING EVERYTHING. if that is the case why not be tolerant of the views of the klan or the nazis?

if you're a muslim i tolerate your right to have fast and celebrate etc. UNLESS it started to affect MY LIFE.

GAY MARRIAGE only affects the lives of GAY PEOPLE.

Any STRAIGHT person that thinks that THEY should get a SAY in a GAY PERSON"S LIFE who has NO CHOICE but to be gay, is called a BULLY.

as a gay person, if i can't get married that just makes my life harder and hurts my family emotionally and financially. NOT being able to get married doesn't make me NOT GAY.

in other words, STOP TRYING TO CAUSE PAIN and SUFFERING to strangers because they have an unchosen trait that you don't like, and then claim that you don't hate gay people.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:21 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,571,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
then you have that right
but do not insult me by thinking telling me the sky is really green when I can plainly see it is not!
some people like to be told what to think all the time, they are like zomies. poor fools!

Old 08-19-2012, 07:21 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,198,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
nice, impressive language!

Amazing that you work your a** off 365 days a year and yet you have plenty of time to read and post on an internet political forum.

I have two words for you
buzz off!
you people are really silly
what are you 12??
go cut some one's grass and get out of the grown up's business

Old 08-19-2012, 07:23 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,571,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
then you have that right
Um, if you think he said that and you actually LISTENED to it, than you need to see a mental health counselor, for either being delusional or lying. i swear to God people like you suck, who don't care about truth just 'politics' . everything's a game to you.

I think what he's doing is trying to tell you the sky's blue because YOU think it's green, which means you have issues. so i don't want to hear any smack out of you, since you just BLATANTLY LIED it means you can't be trusted and are not to be respected. you just lied to everyone's face here on citydata.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies