Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 05:18 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
St. Trayvon??

Are you implying that he's a criminal and deserved to die?
I do know that the media firestorm kicked up by race hustlers and disingenuous liberals working the media blew everything out of proportion. From the edited 911 calls, the repeated use of a dated picture of Trayvon to make him appear like a little child, to the initial hysterical cries of "white on black" crime despite the fact that George Zimmerman is in fact Hispanic. Trayvon Martin was not the "sweet little angel" that the race hustlers and their useful idiots in the media made him out to be. Whether or not he deserved to die...that's what the court process is for. All I can say is that if someone is on top of me, physically assaulting me and I feel as though my life is in jeopardy I would pull the trigger.

I can't speak for Zimmerman's actions leading up the confrontation but it seems as though he's being railroaded. There wasn't going to be an arrest until Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the mobs showed up demanding "justice" and calling the entire police department "racist." They seemed pressured to make an arrest just appease the mob that had descended on their city.

I refer to him as "St. Trayvon" because the media has made him into a martyr and sanctified him as a symbol of a "corrupt" and "racist" system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 05:21 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I don't know that, and neither do you. Black people are assaulted all the time, and it doesn't always make the news even if the attackers are white/non-black. And didn't this story make the news too? So what's your point?
Think travon Martin....and it looks like Zimmerman might be better off than some would hope? I believe his point is that there should be equal rage if anyone were treated like this and race should have nothing to do with it. It's time for a jesse and Al to show their equal concern and passion for another ludicrous killing with the same conviction and zeal as they recently displayed for travon?

That, or let people see and admit, racism against whites is every bit as real as racism against blacks and that is something everyone is going to have tom face.....travon got shot in a scuffle by a Hispanic....this guy got it by some blacks....travon is dead, this guy?

What? Too soon?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:27 PM

578 posts, read 1,092,309 times
Quote:
I've heard people here say we're desensitized to sex, and while that is probably true, we're even more desensitized to violence... sad, isn't it?
Yes it is. Turn on the news. Colorado massacre,Wisconsin massacre, random thugs beating the snot out of people. Tragic. I read the article; the moms saying they are really nice kids. Really now. Maybe that's the problem. Indifferent ignorant people having kids throwing them in front of a tv or video game.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:32 PM

578 posts, read 1,092,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
It's not, but everytime a white person is attacked by someone black or latino, there is this smug "I told you so" tone whenever it's brought up. And if it is vice versa the first thing that someone says is, "well what about all those blacks beating up whites?" in an effort to diminish it.
Told you so tone??? I. The newspaper?? Didn't realize print had tone. This thread was about. Newspaper articles Good try

Last edited by deliz; 08-17-2012 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 08-17-2012, 05:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
While I agree they deserve a harsh sentence, the law doesn't base sentencing on "what could have happened if -----." The courts don't generally make those kind of assumptions or predictions, since nobody knows what would have happened in a scenario that didn't happen. If that makes any sense, LOL. These teens can only be charged with the ACTUAL crime, which in this case is a felonious assault (not sure which degree) and criminal mischief. And given their young age, they will likely be charged as juveniles and kept in detention no later than their 18th birthdays.
I realize this I was more quoting what the other poster had said. I also believe detention doesn't do a whole lot of good, most certainly with their age it might just harden them to worse crime down the road. I'm not sure what the answer should be, but at this age they're exposed to harsher elements in juvenile hall. Maybe, being on a chain gang (hard work) for 8 months would be nothing they'd want to return to crime for.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Both you and city-data guy need to check out the FBI crime stats.

Blacks get charged with Hate crimes at roughly the same rate as whites (relative to the rates of *normal* crimes committed)

The claims that they aren't charged as frequently or get a pass are not anchored in fact or reality.

Period.

So, it sounds like a hate crime to you, too!

Old 08-17-2012, 07:14 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, it sounds like a hate crime to you, too!
Kind of strange it gets labeled as "bored teens"

Old 08-17-2012, 07:16 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Whites shouldn't beat on blacks and blacks shouldn't beat on whites. Nobody shouldn't attack anybody. But you got the biased mainstream media going one-sided. The media and the government is doing their best in keeping the division going.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:38 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
Sure you do, and I'll give you the answer... you wouldn't have started a thread, and if anyone else did, they'd be saying "this isn't a hate crime - all crimes are equally bad." Then other people would ask "what does race have to do with anything?" while coming up with reasons why the victims may have deserved it. Am I close? Based on the reversed threads I've seen here, I believe that's exactly how it would go.

Yes a double standard exists, but it doesn't work in favor of ANY race. It's just treated differently based on the ethnic groups, and for some reason the rage is much stronger when it's a white person who is the victim (even when it really isn't racially-motivated). Personally, I am outraged when anyone is assaulted for no reason.

Perfectly said. I had a friend (white) who this happened to about 15 years back. Real pacifict/hippy-type guy who was well-liked by everyone. He was walking up his street around 5am to get a juice and got beaten down for no reason by several black dudes. He got his jaw broken and looked like he'd been in a car accident. Afterwards he didn't have a bad thing to say about them despite looking like ground beef.
It didn't make the news but, then again, we didn't expect it to

Old 08-17-2012, 10:44 PM

162 posts, read 177,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Race bait thread by someone who could be on Stormfront as well. While I think the boys are scum for this happening, there's no evidence to suggest that they would have let a black guy just walk by in the same situation or that the guy was beat up, only because he was white.
Fail, OP.
not race baiting, just pointing out double standards in the news media. too bad your poisoned liberal mind can't absorb that. you, me, and everyone else knows in their heart of hearts it was racially motivated. just like we aren't seeing any mainstream coverage of the flash mobs of blacks who loot stores and beat innocent bystanders. it's happening at an alarming rate around the country...if these were white mobs al sharpton and spike lee would be calling for the national guard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies