Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:00 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times

Advertisements

What happen to tolerance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 11:03 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Press will probably choose to ignore or try to discredit those paying for the ad while ignoring the facts. Liberals defend Islam while at the same time attacking Christianity.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:06 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Press will probably choose to ignore or try to discredit those paying for the ad while ignoring the facts. Liberals defend Islam while at the same time attacking Christianity.
It's in the press, didn't you click on the link the OP gave???

Old 08-17-2012, 11:10 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
While I'm certainly no fan of Islam any billboard urging me to "support Israel" isn't likely to get my support. Israel is a terrorist nation and I'm tired of our foreign policy being tangled with their foreign policy. If they want to firebomb Palestinian babies they can do it on their own dime.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:13 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
While I'm certainly no fan of Islam any billboard urging me to "support Israel" isn't likely to get my support. Israel is a terrorist nation and I'm tired of our foreign policy being tangled with their foreign policy. If they want to firebomb Palestinian babies they can do it on their own dime.
How Christian and Humanitarian of you. Let me guess, you're pro-life??

Old 08-17-2012, 11:14 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
How Christian and Humanitarian of you. Let me guess, you're pro-life??
Did you completely miss the part where I referred to Israel as a "terrorist" nation? My point was if they are going to engage in terrorist actions I'd rather they do it with their own money, as in NO more foreign aid to Israel. Why don't you read the WHOLE post before you make asinine comments?

Old 08-17-2012, 11:34 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
One simple point:

What have moderate Muslims done to identify themseslfs? -- to act in unison? -- to recognize Israel's right to exist? -- and to eradicate the bin Ladens within their ranks?

I have neighbors whoare of Middle Easern extraction -- publicly, at least, they profess Christianity. They run a successful business, live responsibly, downplay the issue when possible. But when pressesd, they still get on the soapbox about the "opressed Palestinians".

Productive cutures have been dispalcing inefficent cultures since the dawn of history; that is what happened here. Deal with it amd learn to advocate and advance your cause by peaceful means in the marketlace of human opiinon. If you insist upon granting any dignity to the thugs, you should expect to be treated the same as them.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-17-2012 at 11:43 AM..

Old 08-17-2012, 11:40 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
One simple point:

What have moderate Muslims done to identify themseslfs? -- to act in unison? -- to recognize Israels' right to exist? -- and to eradicate the bin Ladens within their ranks?

I have neighbors whoare of Middle Easern extraction -- publicly, at least, they profess Christianity. They run a successful business, live responsibly, downplay the issue when possible. But when pressesd, they still get on the soapbox about the "opressed Palestinians".

Productive cutures have been dispalcing inefficent cultures since the dawn of history; that is what happened here. Deal with it.
This might be a revelation to you, but there are these people called Palestinian Christians. In that they are both Palestinian and Christian. There have been Palestinian Christians, particularly in places like Jerusalem, Bethlehem, and Nazareth for as long as there has been Christianity. Additionally, many of them moved to the US because face it, Palestine cannot really compare to the US in terms of being a place to raise a family and have a business. There are also many Lebanese Christians who also have moved to the US for opportunity, and they also often don't have a high opinion of Israel.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:55 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Israel and muslim extremists have successfully brought their war to the United States.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
This might be a revelation to you, but there are these people called Palestinian Christians. In that they are both Palestinian and Christian. There have been Palestinian Christians, particularly in places like Jerusalem, Bethlehem, and Nazareth for as long as there has been Christianity. Additionally, many of them moved to the US because face it, Palestine cannot really compare to the US in terms of being a place to raise a family and have a business. There are also many Lebanese Christians who also have moved to the US for opportunity, and they also often don't have a high opinion of Israel.
Virtually no person on the planet that lives outside of Israel or the US has a high opinion of Israel.

Israel is a disgusting, apartheid regime and one of the world's leading state sponsors of terrorism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies