Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 12:17 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
www.youtube.com/v/YaE5zChbC5w (Audio review of it)

Sad,another victim of the NDAA.. (Anyone that SPEAKS OUT when thier real name,etc is known,IS QUITE STUPID!!!!! (Although being on FB is no matter what))

Retired Marine Brandon Raub Arrested For Facebook Posts Criticizing The Government _matlarson10 | Politics

Taken to hospital with NO CHARGES!!
Well, I have never been on Facebook, so guess I'll have to wait and see some cut and paste dome of it, to see what kind of posts result in the FBI arresting a person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 12:32 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, I have never been on Facebook, so guess I'll have to wait and see some cut and paste dome of it, to see what kind of posts result in the FBI arresting a person.
I posted a link earlier that will take you right to it.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
There are thousands of mentally ill people. Being anti-government doesn't change anything.

When patriotism is a mental illness, there is a society of psychos.
Whatcha godda fear?

I bow to no king and no king should bow to me.
The man is defending his oath to the US Constitution. More people should take it as serious.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
You seriously believe that? If he were just a sane person peeved at the government this would have just made him even more mad because they were obviously trying to infringe on his 1st amendment rights. The posts would have actually gotten worse.

Or, if he were really at the tipping point, he could have said, "Yes sir, officer, I'll take those posts down." Then as soon as they left he could have loaded all his guns and ammo into his car and hit the road to start his war.

Believe it or not, but the government really doesn't care if people post anti-government rants on Facebook. It they did, there would be arrests every day. The government does care if it perceives a real and credible threat. This guy isn't just ranting about taxes and the IRS (what's in "The Truth" essay he wrote); he's threatening to go out and kill people.

The more I read about this, the more I think the police did the right thing. They received a tip that he might be going over the edge. They probably evaluated the posts themselves and agreed. He's a trained combat veteran known to be armed, so they showed up in force in case he wanted to fight. He didn't fight, so they just put him in handcuffs and took him to be evaluated. No one knows what happened after they got him to the mental health facility, but if he "resisted" it was probably there.
I bet the Govt has accomplished that by arresting him. He has not violated LAW, but i am sure will be branded, locked up and forgotten. Lies will be created by the Govt and we will be told this is justified.

All the time people get PO'ed and say things when they are angry, and if that is no excuse i have no idea why Bill Clinton and Obama are not locked up too.

So it's a 100% winning bet to say the Govt has PO'ed the guy and the Govt has PO'ed me too for grabbing his write of Free Speech.

Why just today I bought a bright yellow Gadsen Tea shirt. It's in the wash right now, but in an hour I will be out riding on my bike wearing that with my .45 and No Lid!

Old 08-18-2012, 01:03 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
People hate Obama so much that they are willing to defend someone who is threatening to kill him and cut peoples heads off just because they agree with the vets political stance.

Pathetic and scary.
More heads? Link please......... I am unaware of more heads as I have been outside and busy, but if no links are forth coming admit the lie.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Did you read his facebook posts? That boy needs help, and based on what he was saying I don't blame the FBI for wanting to take a proactive role in his life. After all do we need another mass shooting especially one committed by someone trained to take out lots of folks quickly?
2 days back, South African Police killed 34 miners who were on strike when fight started.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:12 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have no idea what this has to do with my point but I imagine it made you feel better, so O.K.
Do you post often and don't remember what you said go back to post #29. Your rudeness is noted.....

Old 08-18-2012, 05:13 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
People hate Obama so much that they are willing to defend someone who is threatening to kill him and cut peoples heads off just because they agree with the vets political stance.

Pathetic and scary.
I didn't see anyone say this or see it on the facebook page that was displayed, are you just adding this in?

Old 08-18-2012, 05:46 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I didn't see anyone say this or see it on the facebook page that was displayed, are you just adding this in?
Many reports I'm finding on Google attribute these published statements to him:

“The Revolution is here. And I will lead it. Sharpen up my axe; I’m here to sever heads”

Old 08-18-2012, 05:48 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
And the thread title is incorrect. He was not arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies