Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2012, 12:53 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Protect the debt holders at all costs especially if it's at taxpayer cost.

"You have to give Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner some credit for spin: today the Treasury announced “Further Steps to Expedite Wind Down of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.” The only problem is that the steps announced largely put the taxpayer at greater risk in order to protect holders of Fannie and Freddie debt.Essentially, the Treasury has amended its agreements with Fannie and Freddie so that the companies no longer have to pay a fixed dividend to the U.S. taxpayer, but instead “every dollar of profit” from the companies to the taxpayer. The problem is that the Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSE) have never had a year where their profits would have covered the dividend payments, so while we can debate if the taxpayer will recover anything from the GSEs, shifting to just collecting profits definitely means the taxpayer’s potential recoupment is lower."

My mortgage is through fannie. The last six months I've been trying to find out who actually owns it after fannie securitized it and sold it off to who knows where. All I've gotten is brick walls and now my servicer, Wells Fargo, is telling me I need a subpoena if I want more info. The fraud these folks have done is unbelievable. I wouldn't even buy a home today because some trust a year or two from now could show up and say they own the damn thing and you wouldn't even know it or be able to do anything about it.

Geithner Favors Fannie Mae Debtholders over Taxpayers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 02:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Sounds great on the surface doesn't it? Many of these losses are supposed to be placed back on the banks that initially wrote the contracts. Just another case where Geithner and Bernanke simply completely ignore existing law at the expense of taxpayers.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:44 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Protect the debt holders at all costs especially if it's at taxpayer cost.

"You have to give Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner some credit for spin: today the Treasury announced “Further Steps to Expedite Wind Down of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.” The only problem is that the steps announced largely put the taxpayer at greater risk in order to protect holders of Fannie and Freddie debt.Essentially, the Treasury has amended its agreements with Fannie and Freddie so that the companies no longer have to pay a fixed dividend to the U.S. taxpayer, but instead “every dollar of profit” from the companies to the taxpayer. The problem is that the Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSE) have never had a year where their profits would have covered the dividend payments, so while we can debate if the taxpayer will recover anything from the GSEs, shifting to just collecting profits definitely means the taxpayer’s potential recoupment is lower."

My mortgage is through fannie. The last six months I've been trying to find out who actually owns it after fannie securitized it and sold it off to who knows where. All I've gotten is brick walls and now my servicer, Wells Fargo, is telling me I need a subpoena if I want more info. The fraud these folks have done is unbelievable. I wouldn't even buy a home today because some trust a year or two from now could show up and say they own the damn thing and you wouldn't even know it or be able to do anything about it.

Geithner Favors Fannie Mae Debtholders over Taxpayers
Forward the documentation of your requests and Well's Fargo's uncooperative response to your State Attorney General's Office and let them know of your fraud concern.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:18 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
In another recent thread we have cries about why things are not trickling down but not a peep here when Geithner is largely the reason.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:08 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Forward the documentation of your requests and Well's Fargo's uncooperative response to your State Attorney General's Office and let them know of your fraud concern.
Oh I have but have heard nothing in return. Hasn't been long though. I'm doubting much will happen as the state attorneys have all been paid off by Wells with their settlement not too long back. I really don't want to have to get an attorney but may see how much one would charge just to see where this takes me. I'm rather curious to try and unfold the tangled web that has been woven in just my particular case. I wonder if they even know who holds the thing. Maybe when the kids all get off to college I'll just stop paying my mortgage and see what happens. lol

Old 08-20-2012, 12:39 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
They will NEVER unwind this horrible monster that artificially inflates housing prices, fuels speculative bubbles, pays off insiders, corrupts free markets, injects Trillions of government dollars into the mortgage markets, lowers lending standards.

No....nope never!!

What will happen is the crooked politicians will make some very visible...yet minor changes to the way F&F works.....probably change the name of the racket......and carry on like usual.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:43 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
Just add that 6 Trillion on to the pile, 22 Trillion now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies