U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-19-2012, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
18,061 posts, read 10,090,091 times
Reputation: 6979

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The DOW is almost back to where it was before the recession began back in 2007, corporate profits are hitting historical highs, and the rich are getting richer. I'm just wondering when the economy is suppose to start improving? I was told that if those at the top make more it would lead to gains for the poor and middle class. Why is that not happening?
Don't worry about "Trickle Down".

We'll all have been dead ten thousand years before it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-19-2012, 05:22 PM
 
Location: None of your business
5,467 posts, read 3,764,596 times
Reputation: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
I have. Just wanting to know why the tax % should be lower if you are rich IF you do not plan to use that money to create jobs. If you don't, then the 'trickle down' theory of tax breaks or tax cuts should not apply to you. Get it?
Nope, don't get it because your statement is not true. The government created these tax breaks because they want people and businesses to invest in certain things. Obviously Obama does not want investment because he is threatening to veto the Bush tax cuts. That means he does not want the rich or business community to invest in our economy.

GET IT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
18,061 posts, read 10,090,091 times
Reputation: 6979
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
lol, I thought the left didn't need the job creators? The job market will improve once Obama is out of office.
So you're confirming that the unemployment figures are artificially high because the CEOs want Obama defeated and a puppet in office who will insure Wealthcare for the super rich.

Thanks. We thought that that was the case. It's good to hear it from someone in the know.

I'll vote Obama now, for sure, and a lot of other people will as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,646 posts, read 13,897,232 times
Reputation: 1679
Cool hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The DOW is almost back to where it was before the recession began back in 2007, corporate profits are hitting historical highs, and the rich are getting richer. I'm just wondering when the economy is suppose to start improving? I was told that if those at the top make more it would lead to gains for the poor and middle class. Why is that not happening?
It's not happening because "trickle down" was never the intent.

During times of turmoil wealth seeks opportunity to maintain itself, like a living thing (it does the same thing during times of relative calm).

Opportunity in this economy presents itself in the form of efficiency. Corporations have taken every opportunity to run as lean and efficient as possible - a telltale sign is the reported increase in hours worked amidst stagnant wages.

Keep in mind - Corporations are net destroyers of jobs, small business fills the role of job creator. The economy is improving, in fact we've added tons of jobs, with a lot more that linger, yet to be filled. The difficulty with this recovery is the population has neither the education nor training unnecessary, to fill many of the positions available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 05:29 PM
 
Location: None of your business
5,467 posts, read 3,764,596 times
Reputation: 1170
LOL, cuebald, of course you will vote for Obama. You established on this forum along time ago.

PS, sure, there is no reason for people to risk their money only for the government to take too big of a bite. :-) If the government takes too big a bite, businesses will close just to spite you lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 05:29 PM
 
Location: The land of infinite variety!
2,050 posts, read 1,230,007 times
Reputation: 4571
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Nope, don't get it because your statement is not true. The government created these tax breaks because they want people and businesses to invest in certain things. Obviously Obama does not want investment because he is threatening to veto the Bush tax cuts. That means he does not want the rich or business community to invest in our economy.

GET IT?
So, back to the original question, what have Romney's personal tax breaks done to create jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 05:31 PM
 
Location: None of your business
5,467 posts, read 3,764,596 times
Reputation: 1170
Our government run education system has truly failed many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 05:31 PM
 
78,084 posts, read 33,277,428 times
Reputation: 15606
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
You are right about the left crying for more and to be bailed out. They overspent, used too much debt or depended on the government (other peoples money) for their life needs. Now they want to blame others.
The right didn't have to complain. The government just did it. They created the market bubble with justa single cry from the right.

Quote:
You are wrong about the right wanting to point blame. If anyone points blame it is the left. Blame Bush, claim business, blame the educational system, blame the opponent.
That would be because that isn't what I said. The left blames those like Romney when it's Obama (and Bush before him) that is inflating the markets. Romney couldn't have helped the "rich" more than Obama has even if he had wanted to.

Quote:
The right wants government to allow them to do businesses. It is a hostile business economy and that will make the economy contract resulting in declining investments (declining employment). Obama is anti-business which leads to hurting the middle class and business owners and corporations know there will be less demand for their product or service. Why hire someone when you don't need them? Businesses are holding onto cash and have downsized debt because it makes sense.
B.S. Business means you take the good with the bad. You do good and rake in the dough, great. You do poorly and screw up, too bad. Taxpayers were forced to make sure that didn't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 05:32 PM
 
78,084 posts, read 33,277,428 times
Reputation: 15606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
I have. Just wanting to know why the tax % should be lower if you are rich IF you do not plan to use that money to create jobs. If you don't, then the 'trickle down' theory of tax breaks or tax cuts should not apply to you. Get it?
Why should the government still be handing out free money if it isn't going to be used for job creation and do you have a clue what needs to take place for jobs to be created?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 05:35 PM
 
78,084 posts, read 33,277,428 times
Reputation: 15606
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
It's not happening because "trickle down" was never the intent.

During times of turmoil wealth seeks opportunity to maintain itself, like a living thing (it does the same thing during times of relative calm).

Opportunity in this economy presents itself in the form of efficiency. Corporations have taken every opportunity to run as lean and efficient as possible - a telltale sign is the reported increase in hours worked amidst stagnant wages.

Keep in mind - Corporations are net destroyers of jobs, small business fills the role of job creator. The economy is improving, in fact we've added tons of jobs, with a lot more that linger, yet to be filled. The difficulty with this recovery is the population has neither the education nor training unnecessary, to fill many of the positions available.
Simply not true. This is nothing more than an excuse used to export jobs. Believe it or not, help desks and what have you that are sent offshore is filled with people who are pretty much clueless about what you are asking. They read from a script but they do that very cheaply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top