Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 04:22 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Congress has created the tax breaks that people utilize for their benefit. Is there a reason that they shouldn't?

What "government help" did Romney, or any other entrepreneur, receive? This is a popular lie, fosterd by people like Elizabeth Warren and now Barack Obama. "You didn't build that! Somebody else made that happen!"

I have heard that enough to want to barf if I ever see that clip of the *******-in-chief saying it one more time. I hate that man! Yes, I admit it!
You misunderstand what I am asking. First off, the 'government help' that I was referring to was what he had during his time as gov of Mass to create jobs.

Secondly, I don't think it is wrong to ask what jobs he has created since, or before then that have 'trickled down' to others.

That is, after all, what he is proposing. More tax breaks and tax cuts for the rich produces jobs. So what jobs has he created with his tax breaks since Bain, and excluding his time as Gov?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 04:24 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,421,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
One side cried to bail them out and then other wants to point the blame everywhere but where it largely belongs.
You are right about the left crying for more and to be bailed out. They overspent, used too much debt or depended on the government (other peoples money) for their life needs. Now they want to blame others.

You are wrong about the right wanting to point blame. If anyone points blame it is the left. Blame Bush, claim business, blame the educational system, blame the opponent.

The right wants government to allow them to do businesses. It is a hostile business economy and that will make the economy contract resulting in declining investments (declining employment). Obama is anti-business which leads to hurting the middle class and business owners and corporations know there will be less demand for their product or service. Why hire someone when you don't need them? Businesses are holding onto cash and have downsized debt because it makes sense.

Last edited by eRayP; 08-19-2012 at 04:36 PM..

Old 08-19-2012, 04:35 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Do you have a problem with rich people? It would not be wise for them to do things which do not grow their earnings. We should all be focused on increasing our income.

They do not get "rich" at your expense. That is a popular lie. The lie is that the "pie" is only so big, and when some people have a bigger slice, others necessarily have a smaller slice.

Wealth is created. There is not a big pile of money that gets divided up between the "haves and the have nots."

You are in control of your destiny. Nobody else. Now go figure out how to improve your own standard of living and quit worrying about people who have more than you do.

What do you do well? There has to be something. Can you make a business out of it? Think. Get creative.

Remember, Bill Gates started Microsoft with a friend because the two of them knew how to write software (programs) for computers. They were just a "garage shop" in the begining. They started doing this while still in college (Bill Gates dropped out).

Let me add just one more thing. My neighbor has a garage on his property and loves to work on cars. He does absolutely beautiful and fantastic body work. He does work for friends, as well as keeping his own vehicles in good repair, and he can do engine work too. His day job is at a local company called Stanwade Tanks, or just Stanwade. I keep telling him he should start his own business. He is that good. I mean his work is beautiful! He has numerous reasons for not going into business for himself, but I believe he could, and he would be hugely successful. He is no dummy.

Think about what you like to do. Think about how you might turn it into a busness. Talk to friends and relatives and ask their advice. Go for it!
Haha, way to go, man. The truth is always a thread killer...by the way, where's the OP?

Old 08-19-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Haha, way to go, man. The truth is always a thread killer...by the way, where's the OP?
Not a thread killer. How many jobs have been created by the 'trickle down' theory? Romney and other billion or millionaires insist this is true, but where is the proof?

I don't give a rat's @ss if someone is rich or not. Good for them. But if the theory behind giving them tax cuts and breaks is that they will use their money to produce jobs, I do want proof that they will do that b4 they get those breaks. JMO

Old 08-19-2012, 04:55 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
When Will It Start To Trickle Down?

Take a deep breath. Hold hanky or kleenex in hand and place at nose. Blow nose hard. Look in hanky for answer.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post

The truth is that they will not hire, because they care only about maximizing their short-term profits, not employing anyone.

As for top bracket tax cuts helping the working man. Not at all. The corporations and wealthy have proven they just don't give a damn about the American worker That has nothing to do with Obama.
lol, do you care about going to work other than to earn a paycheck or do you volunteer your time.

Anybody who thinks anybody else cares "including Obama" is living in a dream world. You are responsible for making your own way through life.

Geeze, if the left were given a big house, they would demand maids. If they were given a car they would demand a driver. These people don't want to work for it and expect everyone else to hand it over and with a smile.

If you don't care about enough to take care of yourself then why should anyone else care. NO ONE CARES, get over it.

Last edited by eRayP; 08-19-2012 at 05:12 PM..

Old 08-19-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post

Take a deep breath. Hold hanky or kleenex in hand and place at nose. Blow nose hard. Look in hanky for answer.

LOL, so funny.

I hope when they realize that Obama doesn't really care does not hurt their feelings too much.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Not a thread killer. How many jobs have been created by the 'trickle down' theory? Romney and other billion or millionaires insist this is true, but where is the proof?

I don't give a rat's @ss if someone is rich or not. Good for them. But if the theory behind giving them tax cuts and breaks is that they will use their money to produce jobs, I do want proof that they will do that b4 they get those breaks. JMO
You want proof. How funny and a ridiculous statement. Look all around you, there are still people working. Then go to the welfare line and see the result of businesses not investing and hiring. Look at those people and see that this is the result of the threat of higher taxation and more regulations. If government did a better job then why do we have such a high unemployment rate?

Why are you waiting for someone else to give you a job. Why not create your own job.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
You want proof. How funny and a ridiculous statement. Look all around you, there are still people working. Then go to the welfare line and see the result of businesses not investing and hiring. Why are you waiting for someone else to give you a job. Why not create your own job.
I have. Just wanting to know why the tax % should be lower if you are rich IF you do not plan to use that money to create jobs. If you don't, then the 'trickle down' theory of tax breaks or tax cuts should not apply to you. Get it?

Old 08-19-2012, 05:18 PM

Anyone who has a job in the private sector is actually taking part of capitalism. If you have a problem with that, go ask the government for a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies