Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 09:52 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You made the claim, you try your search engine and provide some names of solar companies which received stimulus money that failed. I've got time. I'll wait. I'm interested in knowing what you're talking about. From everything I've read at CD, if you make the claim, you provide a source. You don't tell others to google it. And WHY would you say you think I would care about the information? What did that add to the discussion here?

It would also be interesting to see a total of how many solar companies received stimulus money and how many of those failed.
If it's so interesting to you go find out. Plenty of info if you so desire. You are apparently "interested" according to you but can't seem to bring yourself to look into it. I wonder why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 09:55 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Quote:
And how is it MY LEGWORK when you made the claims? You're attacking me and insulting me by alleging that I have not read information regarding stimulus monies from BOTH sides. All of that in order to justify your refusal to back up your claims. Also, your assessment of RTT is your OPINION about how it will work out in the long run......so the jury is still out on that.

So then you're saying all the stimulus money attached to RTT was WASTED?
So this is your end game so to speak. Twist and spin and try and frustrate posters due to your incessant and blatant badgering then scream about being insulted. You are quite the piece of work for sure.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
In finding that "bridge to nowhere" stimulus project I did come across one statistic.

70% of the stimulus money went to repaving and widening existing roads.
Due to time constraints no new projects were undertaken because the Fed money had to be spent or lost.

Besides the bridges to nowhere we also spent stimulus money on a squirrel bridge in AZ (because cars kills squirrels) and a turtle tunnel in FL (because turtles need to cross the road).

So when you look at that trillion plus deficit think of this waste.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
And how is it MY LEGWORK when you made the claims? You're attacking me and insulting me by alleging that I have not read information regarding stimulus monies from BOTH sides. All of that in order to justify your refusal to back up your claims. Also, your assessment of RTT is your OPINION about how it will work out in the long run......so the jury is still out on that.

So then you're saying all the stimulus money attached to RTT was WASTED?
NY was one of the first ones to move to RTT. The teachers have already been rated.
They have been in RTT since March 2011.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:04 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If it's so interesting to you go find out. Plenty of info if you so desire. You are apparently "interested" according to you but can't seem to bring yourself to look into it. I wonder why.
BECAUSE I didn't make those claims. Since when is it the responsibility of the reader of posts to validate the claims of the person making the claims? Why the "exception" in this instance? If it's so easy to find, why is the person making the claims so resistant to providing sources?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
NY was one of the first ones to move to RTT. The teachers have already been rated.
They have been in RTT since March 2011.
So the stimulus RTT money was a failure in NY? Since you're in the teaching profession, please explain how the money was wasted in NY? You're saying teachers moved to different schools as a result of the program money....and so I don't understand how that's a failure or why that means the money was wasted. Seriously, I don't get that. And I'm not a teacher, so I'd appreciate it if you would explain.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:10 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,491 times
Quote:
Specifically WHO are Obama's campaign "bundlers" and HOW are they being paid off with the $450 million? HOW does that work exactly?

Also, exactly where did the stimulus end up "after all was said and done"? Specifics, please. Can you provide that information?
Where have you been? Obama allocated $70 billion, which went close to $90, to his Green Energy Project. Some of that money went outside the US and many US companies who were at the receiving end of money (including one in Australia) went bankrupt. Obama had debts to pay for getting elected and those debts when to his bundlers/supporters. There were companies set up overnight, received the money, and no sooner filed bankruptcy.

Report: 80% of DOE Green Energy Loans Went to Obama Backers

Wake up America: Obama Green Failures: The Other 18... err.... 19 Obama Failures

Another Green Energy Failure As Abound Solar Follows Solyndra Into Bankruptcy - Investors.com

Need more? There's plenty of info on this failure alone.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:14 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
In the years that he has held on to this fund, how many people lost their homes, their jobs and perhaps their families so he could suddenly, in an election year, look somewhat successful?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
So the stimulus RTT money was a failure in NY? Since you're in the teaching profession, please explain how the money was wasted in NY? You're saying teachers moved to different schools as a result of the program money....and so I don't understand how that's a failure or why that means the money was wasted. Seriously, I don't get that. And I'm not a teacher, so I'd appreciate it if you would explain.
RTT is not and was not part of the stimulus package. It's a replacement for NCLB.
And where did I indicate it was a failure ? Money wasted ? You might be confusing RTT with the 2009 stimulus package. They are 2 completely separate items and not connected at all. And you brought up RTT to begin with.
I did say that it has more mandated testing than NCLB and teachers will be held accountable when kids fail. And that teachers are avoiding jobs in low performing schools because their jobs depend on kids passing the state tests. I never said failure, you did.

Who determines if a program is a failure ? NCLB has been in place for over a decade and is still funded each year. Under NCLB 100% of kids must pass state tests in 2014. You can only declare NCLB a failure if that goal is not met..correct ?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
In finding that "bridge to nowhere" stimulus project I did come across one statistic.

70% of the stimulus money went to repaving and widening existing roads.
Due to time constraints no new projects were undertaken because the Fed money had to be spent or lost.

Besides the bridges to nowhere we also spent stimulus money on a squirrel bridge in AZ (because cars kills squirrels) and a turtle tunnel in FL (because turtles need to cross the road).

So when you look at that trillion plus deficit think of this waste.
70% of the money was SPENT on repair of roads? How is that a waste? So you think that the jobs created by repaving, repairing, and widening the roads was money wasted? Were no new jobs created to do that work? If you took the money spent in the stimulus and used it to make a payment on the debt, what happens to those people who are desperate for work and a paycheck regardless of how short the time period of the job? You complain about the failure to create long term jobs (although I'm not sure that no long-term jobs were created) as a justification for bashing the stimulus, but the reality is all we have in life is the HERE and NOW when it comes to feeding yourself and your family, and saving your home, and keeping yourself and your family from becoming homeless. BOTH things have to be addressed, the debt and job creation.

As for the deficit, I prefer higher taxes for the rich and cuts in defense spending as a start.

I happen to be a supporter of protecting turtles and squirrels, so I'd certainly be biased about that money. Of course I think that's good use. And SOMEBODY had to build those bridges. I guess this is an example of using the money for environmental purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies