Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 05:27 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,447,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So you oppose funding for these projects which will create jobs at this point? Who cares if it's election time. People need jobs whatever time it is, and the roads and bridges need repair and additional building. The TRUTH of the matter will be that he is helping create jobs by releasing this money for the funding of those construction jobs. It's the simple truth. Or would you prefer private funding of such infrastructure and private companies building it in places where the citizens can afford to fund such things?
Liberal A**hat: "We need to get off oil and go GREEN!"

Curious Conservative: "How are you going to go about doing that?"

Liberal A**hat: "We're going to build wind turbines and geothermal and solar panels and, and, and..."

Curious Conservative: "Didn't you already put billions of dollars behind those projects and they've pretty much been completely ineffective?"

Liberal A**hat: "We haven't put enough money into it to be effective. We need more money and we need to build more roads and bridges and other construction thingies. My professor told me all about that and how we can put people back to work."

Curious Conservative: "I thought you said we need to get off oil? Asphalt for the roads and bridges you want to build is a byproduct of oil. All the heavy machinery that it takes to build roads and bridges use diesel fuel. The tires that will be traveling over those roads and bridges use oil byproducts during production."

Liberal A**hat:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 05:41 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Hold on. Because YOU don't care, you are going to dictate to others that they shouldn't care either?

You are right, he won't get much mileage out of it, especially when people can see it for what it is. You seem to be looking out through rose tinited glassed with your left eye only. Try taking off the glasses and opening both eyes and see it for what it is.
I'm not dictating anything to anyone. Dictating is your word and your exaggeration I guess which in your mind must justify the personal attacks. I'm giving my opinion and I've been asking questions. I've stated my position on the political motivations. Period. I can see political motivations, I simply don't care about that regarding the release of this money. Why does that bother you so much? Is it personal?

Old 08-21-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
You should care. The argument is why is he releasing it NOW - leading up to a re-election. Why didn't he release those funds earlier where having a motive wouldn't factor in when people would have seen it as being the right thing to do.

It's not about it being a good thing or a bad thing, it's about the timing.
Are you now dictating (using your word) to me that I "should" care? LOL

If you look at the OP you will see that the question is what Obama intends to do with this money.......I mean you really should look at the OP. You're just looking at link.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:49 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
dear god! How about reading some of the links in the thread. The money was appropriated as far back as 2003 and 2006....Obama was not President then.....and the money was appropriated by Congress for use on highway projects. Obama has just released this money NOW for the uses it was intended.

Who the hell cares about the perceptions of this release of money?! It's about money being released into the communities and providing work for members of various communities. Are you sooooo politically jaded and blinded by that cynicism that you simply cannot see anything in any context other than political motivation. Exactly what do you see wrong with creating jobs for people in this country who need jobs? Are you saying that this money should not have been released now, to hell with anyone needing a job, or local communities ecomonies?
If it was appropriated so long ago, why did we need the stimulus to fund highway projects? Why didn't we use that money then? If it would have created so many jobs, why wasn't the money used 3 years ago, when jobs were Obama's main focus? Why is it being released now, less than 3 months from an election that Obama is desperate to win at all costs? We all know the reason for that.

It's you that is politically jaded, to think that this is about using funds, jobs or the economy. It is ONLY being released for political reasons. But to be expected from this inept president and his ignorant supporters.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
If it was appropriated so long ago, why did we need the stimulus to fund highway projects? Why didn't we use that money then? If it would have created so many jobs, why wasn't the money used 3 years ago, when jobs were Obama's main focus? Why is it being released now, less than 3 months from an election that Obama is desperate to win at all costs? We all know the reason for that.

It's you that is politically jaded, to think that this is about using funds, jobs or the economy. It is ONLY being released for political reasons. But to be expected from this inept president and his ignorant supporters.
I don't know why the money wasn't used in 2003 to 2006. Apparently it was appropriated by Congress with earmarks so I guess Congress thought the money was needed. Obama was not President in 2003 - 2006, so it seems your question should be addressed to the previous President. I don't know why Obama didn't release it 3 years ago. As I've said before, the President does not confide in me why he does things. I can SPECULATE about why, which I choose not to do, but I certainly don't have any inside information about why he did this. And once again, I don't really care WHY he did it WHEN he did it; I think the fact that the money is available to the states for use TODAY is a good thing.

Btw, you just had to throw in that last little jab, didn't you....."inept president and his ignorant supporters. LOL Your motivations are very transparent. And do you know what the word "jaded" means?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:
I'm not dictating anything to anyone. Dictating is your word and your exaggeration I guess which in your mind must justify the personal attacks. I'm giving my opinion and I've been asking questions. I've stated my position on the political motivations. Period. I can see political motivations, I simply don't care about that regarding the release of this money. Why does that bother you so much? Is it personal?
HELLO!!!!

Quote:
[FancyFeast5000;25733300]Oh, and one more thing. I don't care what Obama's political motivation was for releasing the funds.....and neither should you
You should stop while you are this far behind because I don't see you getting ahead, only dropping back further.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:25 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:
Are you now dictating (using your word) to me that I "should" care? LOL

If you look at the OP you will see that the question is what Obama intends to do with this money.......I mean you really should look at the OP. You're just looking at link.
The fact that you don't care and discount Obama's motive is very telling. The fact that you can't see or come to terms that his motive is strictly political - for votes - is sad. You aren't even willing to question why he didn't do it sooner. What is your position: better late than never? Most people think: It should have been sooner rather than later.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:28 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Quote:
The fact that you don't care and discount Obama's motive is very telling. The fact that you can't see or come to terms that his motive is strictly political - for votes - is sad. You aren't even willing to question why he didn't do it sooner. What is your position: better late than never? Most people think: It should have been sooner rather than later.
We should examine every politician's motivation for what they do and say, how they vote -- whether they are running for office or not. That applies to both sides. That's hard to do with blinders on.

Can't help wondering whether some poster here isn't a plant for the WH.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
HELLO!!!!

You should stop while you are this far behind because I don't see you getting ahead, only dropping back further.
HELLO!!!! yourself.

You're using the words "you should care" to bash me, saying I'm "dictating" what others should do......when IN FACT those are verbatim the very words you used in your post?? See your post responding to me below.....Do you see those/your words I bolded, "You should care."??????

White House realeasing "We can't wait" funds

softblueyz
2,328 posts, read 333,848 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000
I DON'T CARE what Obama's political motivations may have been for releasing this money. You can call me all the names you want to call me; I can see the sick rabid influence of politics from both sides. I JUST DON'T CARE about whatever political motivations may have influenced the release of this money. And you guys are taking a good thing and trying to beat Obama bloody over the head with it for your own political purposes, those rabid, sick political purposes.

You should care. The argument is why is he releasing it NOW - leading up to a re-election. Why didn't he release those funds earlier where having a motive wouldn't factor in when people would have seen it as being the right thing to do.

It's not about it being a good thing or a bad thing, it's about the timing."

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Perhaps you should stop before you lose your all of your memory.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 08-21-2012 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: add quotation marks

Old 08-21-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
In your opinion ^^^^. You're using this thread to judge me regarding my political positions about everything. What does my discounting Obama's motive regarding this issue "tell" you about me? Somehow I think it's telling you about your own biased opinions of those who don't always think the way you feel they should think, especially if they disagree with you. Additionally, there is absolutely nothing "sad" about Obama releasing these funds for whatever reason. As someone else pointed out, Obama has "The Bully Pulpit" and probably is using it exactly like every President before him. If, in that process, the people of this country get funding for good programs, what is wrong with that? It's certainly NOT unusual politics. Your problem seems to me that you're one of those Obama haters so OF COURSE you don't want anyone out there to think this funds release is a good thing for anybody because you don't want people to vote for Obama. You don't think politics colors your attitude?

You know, maybe better late than never is not a bad position. And maybe it's okay to not agree with "most people." Is that "collectivism" you're supporting there? LOL Or is it that dreaded "sheeple" attitude? "Most people" think this, therefore, you should think "this" too?

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 08-21-2012 at 08:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies