Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 02:28 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,971 times

Advertisements

[quote=Wyndsong71;25741118]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post

LOL! So in other words, you don't want to "discuss" anything... you want people to agree with you and if they don't then you'll deflect, insult, and ignore what they say and what their asking. Gotchya! You cannot resist your own hyper-partisan broken record... I see that. You accuse everyone who has questioned and challenged your statements of being "jaded" and even gone so far as saying they are disgusting.. so I think you can stop you're complaining about "personal insults". I did not insult you, I described what you've been doing. Posting the same link over and over again, saying the exact same thing over and over again. There is no "discussion" coming from you... everyone else has been TRYING to discuss things with you... I completely left out any partisan or political talk at all and adressed why some think that this could be potentially bad.. but you don't want to discuss this, you want to keep saying the same thing over and over again like a little child who is throwing a temper tantrum. That's fine, you want to do that.. go right ahead, but don't pretend you're discussing anything with anyone while you're covering your ears shouting "i can't hear you I can't hear you".
You guys are brutal on FF5000. This thread is like a gang bang.
Lets just look at the facts.
It's 457 million dollars. Chump change in the larger scheme of things.
It's going to 49 states. That less than 10 million dollars a state. Obama will get a small, barely noticable political bump from it. Those state representitives and senators will get a much larger political bump from the money as they look good to their home district constitutents when they bring home the bacon. The political bump works for both repub and dem congress critters so in reality it's a zero sum gain.
Is Obama playing politics? YES HE IS!!!!!!! Pure, unadulterated political move on his part. Sitting presidents do it all the time around election time. My response is So What???????? Romney is playing politics, Ryan is playing politics. Any politician who isn't playing politics 77 days before a presidential election is brain dead or drunk in Alabama. IT's What Politicians Do at election time. It's a time honored tradition to play politics before a presidential election. All sitting presidents past, present and future will scour the government coffers trying to find a few crumbs to make some form of financial splash right before an election.
Whew! Now that we got that cleared up that Yes, Obama is playing politics with a few scraps of left over transportation dollars, I suggest you get over it and come to grips with political reality. Now.....what other problems do you rightie's have with excess transportation funds going to 49 of the 50 states?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 02:42 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
[quote=Wyndsong71;25741118]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post

LOL! So in other words, you don't want to "discuss" anything... you want people to agree with you and if they don't then you'll deflect, insult, and ignore what they say and what their asking. Gotchya! You cannot resist your own hyper-partisan broken record... I see that. You accuse everyone who has questioned and challenged your statements of being "jaded" and even gone so far as saying they are disgusting.. so I think you can stop you're complaining about "personal insults". I did not insult you, I described what you've been doing. Posting the same link over and over again, saying the exact same thing over and over again. There is no "discussion" coming from you... everyone else has been TRYING to discuss things with you... I completely left out any partisan or political talk at all and adressed why some think that this could be potentially bad.. but you don't want to discuss this, you want to keep saying the same thing over and over again like a little child who is throwing a temper tantrum. That's fine, you want to do that.. go right ahead, but don't pretend you're discussing anything with anyone while you're covering your ears shouting "i can't hear you I can't hear you".
Show me where I used the word "disgusting." It's not a word I use very often, either here or in the real world. Maybe I used that word once every couple years. So I'd appreciate being shown where I used it in this thread. And, yes, you did insult me.

Seems to bother you that I am focused.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I can see you haven't the foggiest notion about road building. Most people don't. A top coat is just that, a top coat, and unless the prep work has been done under it, the top coat won't last 6 months in a state like NH or Wyoming.
What it amounts to in the end, and the end is certainly not far away in time, is the top coat just breaks up and is soon all gone.

And so is the money...... And here where i am, these roads need nothing, while other roads are in a state of WW-2 bombed out shambles, and have been for years.

My state just takes what ever federal monies it can beg i guess, and spends that money on what ever foolish laws the Feds state the monies be spent on whether we need it or not.

Sure we need roads fixed but not the roads that are 'getting fixed', and not with just a top coat.

We get a lot more rain than Wyoming does and we get just as cold winters. The freezing hot cycles bust up these roads bad, so i am saying the bad roads should come first, then 'fix' roads that are already good I guess..
You're right, I have absolutely no experience working on road repairs or building. Don't have any technical experience or knowledge regarding the specifics of road building/repair. Thanks for your explanation.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:03 PM

[quote=mohawkx;25741707]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post

You guys are brutal on FF5000. This thread is like a gang bang.
Lets just look at the facts.
It's 457 million dollars. Chump change in the larger scheme of things.
It's going to 49 states. That less than 10 million dollars a state. Obama will get a small, barely noticable political bump from it. Those state representitives and senators will get a much larger political bump from the money as they look good to their home district constitutents when they bring home the bacon. The political bump works for both repub and dem congress critters so in reality it's a zero sum gain.
Is Obama playing politics? YES HE IS!!!!!!! Pure, unadulterated political move on his part. Sitting presidents do it all the time around election time. My response is So What???????? Romney is playing politics, Ryan is playing politics. Any politician who isn't playing politics 77 days before a presidential election is brain dead or drunk in Alabama. IT's What Politicians Do at election time. It's a time honored tradition to play politics before a presidential election. All sitting presidents past, present and future will scour the government coffers trying to find a few crumbs to make some form of financial splash right before an election.
Whew! Now that we got that cleared up that Yes, Obama is playing politics with a few scraps of left over transportation dollars, I suggest you get over it and come to grips with political reality. Now.....what other problems do you rightie's have with excess transportation funds going to 49 of the 50 states?
I agree. Obama is playing politics. And my position has been that regardless of the political motivation for releasing the money, the act of releasing the money is a good thing because it has the potential to create jobs and do needed highway work. Very few here have had the honesty to admit that, yes, the release of the money (small as it is) is a good thing regardless of political motivation.

Seems to me that the tenacity of the people in this thread who are bashing me and the President is just a small demonstration of the ferocity of the right wing in using any issue, regardless of how unimportant and small it is, to go for the jugular. I see it as a warning to those who do support Obama, and maybe dismiss the importance of this election, of how much the far right wants him out of the WH and to what lengths they will go to accomplish that goal. These seem to me to be part of that far right group which has taken over the Republican Party.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 08-21-2012 at 03:48 PM..

Old 08-21-2012, 03:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times
I see your still at it. Tenacity? LOL you win that title for sure. Still asking the same questions this far along. Keep up the good work FF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies