Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 03:55 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Never. The government took all the people's guns away. The people are powerless unless they enlist the aid of a foreign government and nobody wants that.
Oh dear the ignorance, they banned assault rifles and hand guns neither of which Australians need for hunting unlike conservative types in the US.

Militia are going to take on the US military, must get the popcorn out for that, nothing like seeing 155 shells impact among a group of idiots waving handguns.
and that is before the mini guns on the choppers start their song.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 04:00 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm ignorant about American politics, I'll say that, but from the little I do know and what my American friends have told me, the political situation there is a big mess: if it wasn't so potentially disastrous, it would be farcical.

How on earth can Americans, living in the 'land of the free', even entertain the possibility of electing yahoos who brag about being heartless SOB's?

Just what WILL it take for Americans with a conscience to rise up and literally kick them out of the Oval Office, Congress.etc?

Also, with the Republican's emphasis on the military, it actually sounds like the logical result of this will be the US turning into a military dictatorship like in the Middle East. The danger isn't in Iran (well the biggest danger), it's in your own backyard. Don't think a Libyan-style dictatorship is too unrealistic given long enough. The GOP seemingly has the 'military on their side' (even though in reality the Democrats probably do have a lot of sway too) so in reality they could use fear to get the people to do anything they want. Aren't people afraid of a fascist dictatorship?

It may sound extreme, but when you have people exalting a violent, militaristic society, especially under the guise and God forbid, religion, you really have to worry.

What will happen if Romney actually does get elected? Will there be mass protests in the street? Will there be some sort of revolution? Something more than the Occupy movement which seemed to just be a lot of the same old 1960s rhetoric with no real action.
get a grip dude, you people elected a government that explicitly promised NOT to impose a carbon trading scheme then got in office and almost immediately started a carbon trading scheme. What have you guys done to deal with your politicians that say one thing and do the opposite?

Old 08-20-2012, 04:02 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Oh and if Romney gets elected we will have a peaceful transfer of power and we will have a president with a mandate to fix the economy. if he fails he will not win re-election. if he succeeds your screed will be proven to be drivel.

and we do NOT have people exalting a violent militaristic society under the guise of religion. geez. I think youve been baking in that Aussie sun too long.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:47 PM

55 posts, read 62,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Oh and if Romney gets elected we will have a peaceful transfer of power and we will have a president with a mandate to fix the economy. if he fails he will not win re-election. if he succeeds your screed will be proven to be drivel.

and we do NOT have people exalting a violent militaristic society under the guise of religion. geez. I think youve been baking in that Aussie sun too long.
I think trinacs post kinda came off as psychotic. I definitely don't want militant terrorist coming into power.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:52 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Oh dear the ignorance, they banned assault rifles and hand guns neither of which Australians need for hunting unlike conservative types in the US.

Militia are going to take on the US military, must get the popcorn out for that, nothing like seeing 155 shells impact among a group of idiots waving handguns.
and that is before the mini guns on the choppers start their song.
Oh, I don't know about that. A bunch of peasants in libya managed to overthrow a despotic 40 year regime with nothing more than a bunch of assault rifles and some home made rocket launchers on the backs of toyota pickups.
Also the Afghans arn't doing too bad with a bunch of guys who normally hate each other's guts against the greatest, modern, well equipt army in the world. That war has been going on for 12 years and is only scheduled to end in 2014 because that's as soon as we can get our ass out of there with nothing to show for it but an empty wallet.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:20 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,867 times
Americans are so stupid, when it comes to important things they do nothing. But if the Jersey Shore and Kardashian shows got cancelled, look out for Armageddeon

Old 08-20-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Americans are so stupid, when it comes to important things they do nothing. But if the Jersey Shore and Kardashian shows got cancelled, look out for Armageddeon
IMO, it's really a shame to leave this post as the final word in the thread. If you read the history of the world over the last 200 years you will find that America has done more for freedom and liberty for mankind than any other nation on earth at any time in history. We have founded a nation where every man is equal and every man has the right and ability to speak his or her mind without reprisal. This includes stupid, baseless comments like yours.

Thank you very much...........Elvis has left the building.....................

Old 08-20-2012, 08:01 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,348,400 times

Americans have already had their revolution... injustice, evil and perversion are the fruits of rebellion... enjoy.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

Americans have already had their revolution... injustice, evil and perversion are the fruits of rebellion... enjoy.

This is one sick puppy post.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:18 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
I just wish our nascent revolutionaries would quit all the cheap talk and get on with it. Let's get this over with and put them where they belong...in jail or in the grave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies