U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-21-2012, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Geneva, IL
12,982 posts, read 12,195,498 times
Reputation: 14815

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I agree. Your point?
Then why did you post this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
But she's responsible for compromising her moral judgment through alcohol use in the presence of men of questionable character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2012, 11:49 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,790,976 times
Reputation: 12152
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I agree. Why don't you try responding to me rather than the rapist in your imagination?
She did. And you found only one sentence to read?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 11:56 AM
 
Location: The Other California
4,255 posts, read 4,702,166 times
Reputation: 1521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Then why did you post this:
Because it's true. I don't see what's so difficult about it. Every person is responsible for his own actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,913,064 times
Reputation: 6128
There sure are a lot of men haters on this thread.

According to the men haters - no woman is responsible for her actions and all men are rapists.

Its pretty sad that these people walk around all day with so much hate inside them - a person can't provide common sense advice based on statistical evidence without being accused of advocating for rape.

I don't think I have ever been more disgusted then I have been reading the vicious attacks some of you have leveled against me and WP - you all ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

These people make up imaginary agendas, create caricatures, build strawman, attack other posters reputations and character, and do everything possible to avoid confronting facts.

Absolutely pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Geneva, IL
12,982 posts, read 12,195,498 times
Reputation: 14815
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Because it's true. I don't see what's so difficult about it. Every person is responsible for his own actions.
"Legitimate" victim blaming?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Geneva, IL
12,982 posts, read 12,195,498 times
Reputation: 14815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
There sure are a lot of men haters on this thread.

According to the men haters - no woman is resposnible for her actions and all men are rapists.
So you are saying that if a woman is drunk or in some way incapacitated, she should expect to be assaulted? See how twisting words works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 12:12 PM
 
5,906 posts, read 5,172,191 times
Reputation: 4535
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Because it's true. I don't see what's so difficult about it. Every person is responsible for his own actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
There sure are a lot of men haters on this thread.

According to the men haters - no woman is resposnible for her actions and all men are rapists.

Its pretty sad that these people walk around all day with so much hate inside them - a person can't provide common sense advice based on statistical evidence without being accused of advocating for rape.

I don't think I have ever been more disgusted then I have been reading the vicious attacks some of you have leveled against me and WP - you all ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Listen to what you are saying.
1. Every RAPIST is responsible for their actions. The VICTIM is NOT.

2. Speaking truth about rape does not equate to hating men.

3. Defending the premise that, deep down, "she asked for it" WILL, in fact, garner immediate responses from people.

We can read the messages just fine. Our interpretations are sound.

Scenario #1: Man and woman having a discussion. Woman points out a factual point the man made incorrectly. Man starts yelling at the woman, becomes violent, female tries to escape. Man rapes woman.

Who is at fault?

Scenario #2: College party. Everyone drinking beer, some obviously more than others. Male rapes female who is drunk.

Who is at fault?

Scenario #3: Single mother of two visits her sister and brother-in-law at their house. They watch a movie while the children are sleeping in another room. Sister falls asleep. Brother-in-law corners the single mother when she steps down the hall to use the restroom, rapes her in basement.

Who is at fault?


Spin it all you want, boys. Rape has one victim, one perpetrator. Making excuses for a crime of this magnitude gets you nowhere, invites 100% deserves derision and anger from other posters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,913,064 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So you are saying that if a woman is drunk or in some way incapacitated, she should expect to be assaulted? See how twisting words works?
No - the exact charge you just made has been done unprovoked numerous times in this thread and is what I was calling people out on - and now you just did it. If you don't want your words twisted - don't do it yourself.

I'm calling for some civility in this thread - which is sadly lacking. If you are new to the thread - take the time to read it because you are only perpetuating the cesspool with the post you just made - an I don't want to blame you if you are doiung so defensively and out of ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,913,064 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Spin it all you want, boys. Rape has one victim, one perpetrator. Making excuses for a crime of this magnitude gets you nowhere, invites 100% deserves derision and anger from other posters.
I fully agree - DO NOT make up stuff that i never said.

I am literally shaking with anger now at the baseless charges that you and others of your ilk are making against me.

HAve you no shame - or do you always LIE?

No one hates rape more than I - except a woman who has been raped - and I am tired of being accused of somehow supporting it.

Some of you are truly sick.

WP rightly says that i have patience - but my patience has ran out - and I am not going to sit here and be lied about and have my repuation viciously smeared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 12:21 PM
 
Location: The Other California
4,255 posts, read 4,702,166 times
Reputation: 1521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I fully agree - DO NOT make up stuff that i never said.

I am literally shaking with anger now at the baseless charges that you and others of your ilk are making against me.

HAve you no shame - or do you always LIE?
Harrier, it does come down to "no shame" for most of them - no conscience. There isn't a lie they wouldn't tell, or a name they wouldn't smear, to further their cause.

I've taken to the habit of not reading most posts that are clearly abusive and fallacious. Saves time and frustration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top