Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:16 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times

Advertisements

Well, that does it... I'm going to find some loser husband now, just so I won't be raped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 06:21 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Sorry, this doesn't wash.

Women in the never-marrried, married, and divorced/separated categories are all subject to assaults by "intimate partners".

The never-married and divorced/separated not only have "intimate partners", but they are likely to have more of them which increases their vulnerability. If underreporting is a problem in one category, it's a problem in all categories.

The main difference is likely to be that married women are less vulnerable to assault by strangers. That means they may, at the same time, have lower rates of assault overall and higher rates of non-reporting.
Stop beating around the Roman Catholic bush and just come out and say what you mean, WP.

You think they're harlots, right?

Old 08-21-2012, 06:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Stop beating around the Roman Catholic bush and just come out and say what you mean, WP.

You think they're harlots, right?
More baseless charges - I see - you have learned nothing.

Care to support the allegation?

Old 08-21-2012, 06:28 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Sorry, this doesn't wash.

Women in the never-marrried, married, and divorced/separated categories are all subject to assaults by "intimate partners".

The never-married and divorced/separated not only have "intimate partners", but they are likely to have more of them which increases their vulnerability. If underreporting is a problem in one category, it's a problem in all categories.

The main difference is likely to be that married women are less vulnerable to assault by strangers. That means they may, at the same time, have lower rates of assault overall and higher rates of non-reporting.
So, basically women who date and are trying to find a good husband in many cases, are being sexually assaulted by the men they date. Yes, blame the women for dating and trying to find a husband. I guess she should have married the first man she came across.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
More baseless charges - I see - you have learned nothing.

Care to support the allegation?

Question was in no way directed at you, unless you have two accounts here.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:49 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,605,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So, basically women who date and are trying to find a good husband in many cases, are being sexually assaulted by the men they date.
"Dating", which has come to mean sleeping around, is dangerous business. Co-habitation and serial co-habitation are even more dangerous. Certainly it's possible for single women to find good husbands sans promiscuity, but it tends not to be the norm these days.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:50 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
I doubt that all of the women who are physically and mentally abused would agree that marriage is the safest place for them.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:57 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
"Dating", which has come to mean sleeping around, is dangerous business. Co-habitation and serial co-habitation are even more dangerous. Certainly it's possible for single women to find good husbands sans promiscuity, but it tends not to be the norm these days.
I'm sure Lacy Peterson was safe and secure, right? She was married and with child, how Christian like.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:59 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,605,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I'm sure Lacy Peterson was safe and secure, right? She was married and with child, how Christian like.
Actually that's a great example. Why was this such a huge national story? One reason: it was an extremely aberrant case, way beyond what anyone expects, a fringe exception that proves the rule.

Tragic stories like this one, however, never go anywhere because they conform to an all-too predictable pattern.

Last edited by WesternPilgrim; 08-21-2012 at 07:10 PM..

Old 08-21-2012, 07:13 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Question was in no way directed at you, unless you have two accounts here.
You asked me earlier to cite posts that were indicative of mischaracterizations - now you don't want me to?

Let me guess - you voted for flip-flopper John Kerry in 2004?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies