U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-19-2012, 11:04 PM
 
Location: The Other California
4,255 posts, read 4,723,547 times
Reputation: 1527

Advertisements

We've already shown in this forum that, statistically, the safest place for any child is living with his married biological parents. The overwhelming majority of abuse is perpetrated against children living with just one biological parent, typically the mother - whether alone, co-habitating, or married to someone unrelated to the child.

It seems that traditional marriage is also the safest place for women. While researching something else, I came across this statistic pertaining to female victims of sexual assault in 1994:

Rate of sexual assault for women (1994) per 100,000

Divorced or separated - 9.1
Never married - 7.0
Widowed - 1.2
Married - 1.1

So a woman who is divorced or separated is 9 times more likely to be a victim of sexual assault, and a never married woman 7 times more likely, than a married woman living with her husband.

Fascinating, isn't it? Men protect their wives and children, and the bad guys leave them alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-19-2012, 11:15 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,025,828 times
Reputation: 6128
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 11:19 PM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,473,957 times
Reputation: 6954
That was done 16 years ago. How about something current?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 11:20 PM
 
Location: Washingtonville
2,505 posts, read 2,001,173 times
Reputation: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
We've already shown in this forum that, statistically, the safest place for any child is living with his married biological parents. The overwhelming majority of abuse is perpetrated against children living with just one biological parent, typically the mother - whether alone, co-habitating, or married to someone unrelated to the child.

It seems that traditional marriage is also the safest place for women. While researching something else, I came across this statistic pertaining to female victims of sexual assault in 1994:

Rate of sexual assault for women (1994) per 100,000

Divorced or separated - 9.1
Never married - 7.0
Widowed - 1.2
Married - 1.1

So a woman who is divorced or separated is 9 times more likely to be a victim of sexual assault, and a never married woman 7 times more likely, than a married woman living with her husband.

Fascinating, isn't it? Men protect their wives and children, and the bad guys leave them alone.
If this was 1994, it would be fascinating. I think sex offenders should be executed by their victims or their surviving relatives. There is no place for people like that on this planet....well aside from Iraq, and churches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 11:23 PM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
14,940 posts, read 13,324,706 times
Reputation: 4556
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
We've already shown in this forum that, statistically, the safest place for any child is living with his married biological parents. The overwhelming majority of abuse is perpetrated against children living with just one biological parent, typically the mother - whether alone, co-habitating, or married to someone unrelated to the child.

It seems that traditional marriage is also the safest place for women. While researching something else, I came across this statistic pertaining to female victims of sexual assault in 1994:

Rate of sexual assault for women (1994) per 100,000

Divorced or separated - 9.1
Never married - 7.0
Widowed - 1.2
Married - 1.1

So a woman who is divorced or separated is 9 times more likely to be a victim of sexual assault, and a never married woman 7 times more likely, than a married woman living with her husband.

Fascinating, isn't it? Men protect their wives and children, and the bad guys leave them alone.
So what oppressive laws do you want passed to promote your findings? Single motherhood should be banned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,025,828 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So what oppressive laws do you want passed to promote your findings? Single motherhood should be banned?
Why do you want to put women in danger? (I can play the strawman game also).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 11:29 PM
 
8,224 posts, read 10,780,911 times
Reputation: 7621
What does the OP have against women?

Your stats are flawed too.
Sexual assault can happen in marriages too,but they also are under reported.
There is a stigma to that,but its real. But many people dismiss it. Husbands sexually assualt their wives all the time. No means no,whether in a marriage or not. Just because she is your wife doesn't mean she has to have sex every day,or that she is your sex slave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 11:30 PM
 
Location: South Dakota
2,608 posts, read 1,792,628 times
Reputation: 768
Now watch the Moonbats here try to discredit common sense here

WTF is wrong with you weirdo's???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 11:31 PM
 
8,224 posts, read 10,780,911 times
Reputation: 7621
Single and divorced women are also more likely to go out to bars and nightclubs.
What wrong with that?

What's even more peculiar about this statistic is the fact that divorced or separated women are more likely to get raped than single(I'm assuming never married) women?

You missed 2 other groups: Widowed and Lesbian women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 11:33 PM
 
2,548 posts, read 1,861,255 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Single and divorced women are also more likely to go out to bars and nightclubs.
What wrong with that?
Younger women tend to be single and I'm pretty sure younger women are at greater risk. I doubt the OP factored that in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top