U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2012, 03:40 AM

780 posts, read 458,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
They are attached to the U.S. federal government.
so what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 03:41 AM

29,125 posts, read 21,963,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You think it's just a random coincidence?.
I think that the correlation, if it even exists, is not strong enough to be something on which public policy decisions are based.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:41 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,175,860 times
Quote:
The correlation between education and birth rates is flimsy, at best.
From the link in my post:

Quote:
If abstinence education results in teenagers being abstinent, teenage pregnancy and birth rates should be lower in those states that emphasize abstinence more.
>
>
The expectation is that higher levels of abstinence education will be correlated with higher levels of abstinence behavior and thus lower levels of teen pregnancy.
>
>
Based on a national analysis of all available state data, our results clearly show that abstinence-only education does not reduce and likely increases teen pregnancy rates.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
so what?
She stated that I should trust the NIH.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:42 AM

2,608 posts, read 1,788,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
I know this will come as a shock to you, but I was in no way addressing you personally, as I find your posts to be abusive and rude.

Nice save, btw, removing the expletive, which I did report before it disappeared.
Nice to see your so concerned about a petty "expletive" yet it's no big deal to legislate morality on innocent kids...

Your probably the one that also says "Home School" is "DANGEROUS"???

Old 08-27-2012, 03:44 AM

29,041 posts, read 44,904,594 times
Quote:
They are attached to the U.S. federal government.
So, you don't trust any government entities? I bet you'd trust a Catholic and/or conservative blog, though, if it supported your position.

Look - it's obvious you were proven wrong, and this stretching is getting ridiculous. Those numbers (and associated studies) have been presented by a number of sources, not just the NIH, and it's also clear to anyone who is paying attention. I've worked in public schools within the last decade, have you?

Old 08-27-2012, 03:45 AM

Quote:
She stated that I should trust the NIH.
I guess that you had better start your own country then!

Old 08-27-2012, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
From the link in my post:
So? They made a prediction and discovered a correlation. That has nothing to do with the strength of the correlation.

I could predict that I could walk into a shopping mall and find someone wearing a Boston Red Sox hat - do so and have my prediction verified. That does not mean that just because I found a person wearing a Red Sox hat that the mall is a hotbed of Red Sox fans.

I think that the conclusions that were drawn have little support.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So, you don't trust any government entities? I bet you'd trust a Catholic and/or conservative blog, though, if it supported your position.

Look - it's obvious you were proven wrong, and this stretching is getting ridiculous. Those numbers (and associated studies) have been presented by a number of sources, not just the NIH, and it's also clear to anyone who is paying attention. I've worked in public schools within the last decade, have you?
They will PRETEND to trust as long as isnt a half black man as POTUS. SICKOS.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:47 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,175,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Nice to see your so concerned about a petty "expletive" yet it's no big deal to legislate morality on innocent kids...

Your probably the one that also says "Home School" is "DANGEROUS"???
For the record, you made a personal attack with that expletive.

Now...I actually have children; according to your posts, you do not. I had no problem with them getting sex ed at school; however, my son received actual education in Washington state. My daughter received 'abstinence only' garbage here in Indiana.

Oh yes, we talked here at home.

And you really might want to tone down the rage in your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or