U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 11:47 AM

30,884 posts, read 31,780,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
How in depth sex ed is, whether heterosexual or homosexual, too often depends to what degree the teacher thinks it should be unfortunately. If sex ed is going to be taught it ought to have a standard curriculum that is the same across the board, without deviation. And it should be made public. Regardless, parents ought to be able to opt their child out.
Sex ed. does have a standard curriculum that teachers must follow, and no child should be left out. That helps avoid or at least soften the hate that some are taught at home by their homophobic parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 12:39 PM

32,391 posts, read 59,880,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
I'm a bit out of touch with exactly what is taught in schools these days
Ya think?

Old 08-20-2012, 12:48 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,544,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Is heterosexual "technique" taught in school? How are you defining "technique" exactly?
Actually intercourse is taught in sex ed classes but from a biological point of view.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:50 PM

7,541 posts, read 5,352,440 times
this thread just shows how many people never took or received or been in sex education class in school.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:06 PM

395 posts, read 910,568 times
In the last official sex ed class that I had, oral, vaginal and anal sex were all mentioned in a very general manner and since 2 of those 3 sex acts are done the same way by both heteros and homos alike, it wasn't necessary to talk specifically about one group versus the other because both groups were covered.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:27 PM

15,723 posts, read 9,650,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
I'm a bit out of touch with exactly what is taught in schools these days, but last I heard, homosexual practices were taught in sex education.

not sure at what ages, but I imagine around the 13-14 year old bracket.

is this true, and is this a correct state of affairs?
You do realize that by teaching heterosexual techniques, they are by default teaching techniques for gays too right? Nothing that gays do aren't done in exponentially higher number by heterosexuals.

Stop pretending gays are some foreign enigma. Homosexuality is nothing more than being attracted to the same-sex. Nothing else is consistent among every homosexual, and there is nothing uniquely different than heterosexuals.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:31 PM

15,723 posts, read 9,650,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
because homophobes find lesbian sex way hotter then two men. two men is somehow threatening and scary
And here I thought we as a society had evolved past the patriarchal, macho bravado phase. Guess not.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:38 PM

3,983 posts, read 3,380,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sex ed. does have a standard curriculum that teachers must follow, and no child should be left out. That helps avoid or at least soften the hate that some are taught at home by their homophobic parents.
Oh Stop It ...

Sex Ed wasn't ever taught from the stand point of preventing hate. If you were a thinking human being, you would have already known that.

When two teens get together, the last thing on their minds is hate ...

Teaching first graders about how to give a blow job is wrong on so many levels. And any self respecting Gay person already knows this too .. even some of my Gay friends think that this is a little over the top.

I'm all for Gay Rights .. but when schools start teaching sexual lifestyle technique to innocent first graders .. that's where I'll draw the line.

Along with freedom comes responsibility .. It appears that the Gay Agenda isn't being too responsible with their presumed new found freedoms these days.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:54 PM

26,529 posts, read 25,032,784 times
Yes, I think live demonstrations of homosexual techniques should be taught, starting at puberty. Perhaps a field trip to the closest all-male bathhouse would be a good way to do this. Or, since about 4% of the population is LGBT, I'm sure you could find an eager male student to demonstrate with the football team.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:57 PM

3,983 posts, read 3,380,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, I think live demonstrations of homosexual techniques should be taught, starting at puberty. Perhaps a field trip to the closest all-male bathhouse would be a good way to do this. Or, since about 4% of the population is LGBT, I'm sure you could find an eager male student to demonstrate with the football team.
If they're getting into Puberty, fine .. I don't see an issue with that, because that's about the time kids start to "really" experiment anyway ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or