U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 02:07 PM

14,736 posts, read 10,639,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sex ed. does have a standard curriculum that teachers must follow, and no child should be left out. That helps avoid or at least soften the hate that some are taught at home by their homophobic parents.
I just retired from teaching. Not all states have established sex ed curriculum. Mine doesn't. Parents should have a say in whether kids get sex ed or not. If you have children then you can decide what values to teach them. There are a multitude of things that parents put in kid's heads that I wish they wouldn't but they are do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 06:28 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,130,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I'm also wondering why man on man sex is always singled out for the daily two hours of hate fest?

Lesbian sex is not viewed the same way.... fundamentally, there are only a few acts that are exclusive to gay people that straight people do not also engage in.... anal sex is not one of those acts.
because lesbian sex is not the same.

firstly, most lesbians are bi-sexual so this is just a form of 'entertainment' for them whilst awaiting the real thing (ie: a penis)

secondly, lesbian sex is usually stimulating for a man to watch, so is also preparation for the real thing.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:31 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,130,215 times
what age should sex-ed be given?

I'd say around 14 - but just the basics.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:34 PM

7,541 posts, read 5,352,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
How so?

Two women can do as much penetration during sex using various digits and toys, as much as any heterosexual couples who use various digits and toys. They do make realistic sex toys that provide sexual stimulation and gratification. If not, the adult sex toy market wouldn't be as big as it is if only to help along lesbians.

Quote:
firstly, most lesbians are bi-sexual so this is just a form of 'entertainment' for them whilst awaiting the real thing (ie: a penis)
Sorry, you're wrong. Many lesbians are straight up, 100% lesbians, with no interest in the male persuasion, and do not find men to be sexually attractive.

Quote:
secondly, lesbian sex is usually stimulating for a man to watch, so is also preparation for the real thing.
and to some women, two males getting it on is stimulating for women. Otherwise, the biggest audience for Yaoi Animation/Live sex shows wouldn't be women.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:35 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,780,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I just retired from teaching. Not all states have established sex ed curriculum. Mine doesn't. Parents should have a say in whether kids get sex ed or not. If you have children then you can decide what values to teach them. There are a multitude of things that parents put in kid's heads that I wish they wouldn't but they are do.
Well there should be a well thought out curriculum, as there is in Canada...I'm not that familiar with your school system, but it seems that without each state teaching the same things it is rather hap hazard.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
what age should sex-ed be given?

I'd say around 14 - but just the basics.
that's too old. Children are entering puberty at ages 10 - 13. Sex education should be taught from age 6-7on up (in a gradual tiered format), since pedophiles don't care what age they abuse children.

by 14, more than 90% of the girls in my class had already gotten their periods. Most of the girls I knew got their first periods in 5th grade (we had to have a special "classroom" talk by our teachers because these said girls were flushing their napkins down the toilets and the janitors were complaining about the stuffed toilets)

I personally, through my parents learned about sex from when I was 5 years old. And to me, I'm far more comfortable about talking about sex than most people today.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:38 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,780,534 times
Quote:

Where do you come up with this stuff, or are you just expressing your personal opinions?

Old 08-20-2012, 06:44 PM

8,287 posts, read 7,530,330 times
Quote:

*LMAO* I can't believe that people are willing to share such ridiculous lines of "thinking," even on an anonymous Internet board.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:45 PM

14,736 posts, read 10,639,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
that's too old. Children are entering puberty at ages 10 - 13. Sex education should be taught from age 6-7on up (in a gradual tiered format), since pedophiles don't care what age they abuse children.

by 14, more than 90% of the girls in my class had already gotten their periods. Most of the girls I knew got their first periods in 5th grade (we had to have a special "classroom" talk by our teachers because these said girls were flushing their napkins down the toilets and the janitors were complaining about the stuffed toilets)

I personally, through my parents learned about sex from when I was 5 years old. And to me, I'm far more comfortable about talking about sex than most people today.
Too, too young. It's one thing to learn that young from your parents, that is value call on their part, but another to force on other families at that age. As I said, parents should be able to opt out for their child, and what people think is the appropriate age is an example why.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Too, too young.
Pedophiles will molest and rape a baby infant if the opportunity arises.

Tessa Vanvlerah Sentenced To Consecutive Life Sentences For Raping Infant Daughter
Pedophile Blames Toddler for Her Own Rape | The Stir
BBC News - John Maber: Paedophile prison officer jailed for life
Paedophile filmed himself raping 14-month-old baby girl - Daily Record
Paedophile sentenced to minimum jail term of 20 years (From Watford Observer)

When do you think its the right time?

Did you catch the part where I said "tiered" system? guess not.

Quote:
It's one thing to learn that young from your parents, that is value call on their part, but another to force on other families at that age.
Families need to face the harsh realities that it isn't pixie dust and rainbows out in the real world and get out of their prudish ways.

My parents were real with me. They taught me that a grown adult will do bad things and that we needed to know exactly what those bad things were. That by using the CORRECT terms (Vaginas, penis) to identify the parts of our bodies, would help us understand why its bad for an adult to touch us in those areas. If parents are too afraid to even approach or teach their children the correct terms, then how is a child supposed to understand?

Tiered system - Starting with learning the basics of anatomy on a body. YOU don't have to go into the actual act of sex, but basic understanding starts with knowing their anatomy. The next tier would be understanding simple biology. Why girls do not have a penis and boys do. etc etc. And by the time they are 10 years old (where most girls are now starting their periods) is when the real sex education should start.

You may not understand but CHILDREN are inherently smart, AS LONG as you don't treat them like they are stupid. They may not understand the "big" words you may use, but they do understand the concept of right and wrong. They may laugh and giggle, but they do understand how its important.

Sex is not evil. Its a human act that is enjoyable to many, and should not be treated as if its the devil trying to tempt us and make humans evil as a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or