U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:09 PM

12,172 posts, read 7,025,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
How can somebody making a million not pay taxes? Do you have some examples?
Thy can't. But the liberals stick to the script and hope people believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 07:24 PM

1,852 posts, read 1,559,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Thy can't. But the liberals stick to the script and hope people believe it.
Not my fault you're a corporate slave... are all these people hard workers who worked their ass off for every penny they made?

The richest members of Congress - Aug. 21, 2012

Rep. Michael McCaul $290.5 million R-Texas
Sen. John Kerry $198.8 million D-Mass.
Rep. Darrell Issa $140.6 million R-Calif.
Rep. Jared Polis $91.1 million D-Colo.
Sen. Mark Warner $85.9 million D-Va.
Sen. Jay Rockefeller $83.1 million D-W.Va.
Sen. Richard Blumenthal $80.1 million D-Conn.
Sen. Frank Lautenberg $56.9 million D-N.J.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein $47.2 million D-Calif.
Rep. Jim Renacci $36.7 million R-Ohio
Rep. Vern Buchanan $36.5 million R-Fla.
Rep. Chellie Pingree $31.8 million D-Maine
Rep. Nancy Pelosi $26.4 million D-Calif.
Rep. Diane Black $24.8 million R-Tenn.
Rep. Rick Berg $23.8 million R-N.D.
Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen $21.7 million R-N.J.
Sen. Bob Corker $19.6 million R-Tenn.
Sen. Jim Risch $19.1 million R-Idaho
Rep. Gary Miller $17.4 million R-Calif.
Rep. Mike Kelly $14.9 million R-Penn.
Sen. Claire McCaskill $14.6 million D-Mo.
Sen. Ron Wyden $14.5 million D-Ore.
Rep. Nita Lowey $14.3 million D-N.Y.
Rep. Richard Hanna $13.7 million R-N.Y.
Rep. Nan Hayworth $12.3 million R-N.Y.
Sen. Ron Johnson $12 million R-Wis.
Rep. Trent Franks $11.6 million R-Ariz.
Rep. Scott Rigell $10.8 million R-Va.
Rep. Kenny Marchant $10.4 million R-Texas
Rep. James Sensenbrenner $10.2 million R-Wis.
Rep. Carolyn Maloney $10.1 million D-N.Y.
Rep. Herb Kohl $10.1 million D-Wis.
Sen. Tom Harkin $10 million D-Iowa
Rep. Tom Petri $9.5 million R-Wis.
Rep. Shelley Berkley $9.2 million D-Nev.
Sen. Olympia Snowe $9 million R-Maine
Sen. Mitch McConnell $8.9 million R-Ky.
Rep. Lloyd Doggett $8.9 million D-Texas
Rep. John Campbell $8.9 million D-Calif.
Sen. Johnny Isakson $8.7 million R-Ga.
Sen. John Hoeven $8.4 million R-N.D.
Rep. Tom Price $8.1 million R-Ga.
Rep. Fred Upton $7.7 million R-Mich.
Rep. Steve Pearce $7.5 million R-N.M.
Rep. Bill Flores $7.1 million R-Texas
Rep. Randy Neugebauer $7.1 million R-Texas
Sen. Rob Portman $6.7 million R-Ohio
Rep. John Yarmuth $6.5 million D-Ky.
Sen. Ben Nelson $6.1 million D-Neb.
Rep. Cynthia Lummis $5.9 million R-Wyo.

Not one dime left from mommy and daddy on this list? Everyone paid their fair share of taxes... no one exploited loop holes to hide wealth or to avoid certain taxes... It's how the game is played my friend, explains how Mitt can do things this guy can't do...

Wesley Snipes Report to Federal Prison for Three Year Sentence - ABC News

and others can get passed the system.

Let me guess, liberals is the reason our schools are failing because liberals wanted equality for blacks in the school system and now we're paying the price? Anything else you wanna blame on liberals? Housing, jobs, education, crime, what else?

What you guys really do is sit on this forum all day having negative views on poor people, blame them for not working, don't look at wall street, don't look at corporate crime, just blame all Americas problem on the poor, welfare, SS, Medicaid or whatever else you feel is appropriate.

I'm rather stick2thescript than be a corporate new aged slave.... like the majority of you right wingers, what makes you a slave is having such a thick skull that you won't even give a thought to anything outside of your own twisted views....

That's the worse part...

I can Google stories all day about blacks not getting equal treatment if I wanted too, bob johnson who bought the Charlotte Bobcats even complain about how hard it was for him to even be a owner in the NBA which is about 95% black as is, they didn't want him owning a team but he fought and fought his way through it.

Your view is keeping the wealth and power on your side and I don't blame you for that however it's going to be a greater and greater number of "whiners" on the dem side who will come for you and demand equality and justice....

So be prepared to be angry the rest of your life.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:22 PM

16,268 posts, read 9,091,445 times
Liberals are the reason our schools are failing because liberals defend bad teachers and worse teachers unions that protect the status quo and do nothing to actually educate kids.

Conservatives want very much to help minority kids get better educations, by giving them the right to take their tax dollars to whatever school they want (vouchers) and the creation of Charter Schools, that can be monitored more easily and produce far better results in the worst socio-economic areas of the nation.

Liberals oppose that. Barak Obama took Vouchers away from inner-city black kids in Washington DC when he became president.

Stick that in your Script.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:24 PM

66,328 posts, read 30,216,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Liberals are the reason our schools are failing because liberals defend bad teachers and worse teachers unions that protect the status quo and do nothing to actually educate kids.

Conservatives want very much to help minority kids get better educations, by giving them the right to take their tax dollars to whatever school they want (vouchers) and the creation of Charter Schools, that can be monitored more easily and produce far better results in the worst socio-economic areas of the nation.

Liberals oppose that. Barack Obama took Vouchers away from inner-city black kids in Washington DC when he became president.

Sad, but true.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:28 PM

1,852 posts, read 1,559,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Liberals oppose that. Barak Obama took Vouchers away from inner-city black kids in Washington DC when he became president.

Such nonsense....

Billy boy expanded financial aid for poor students, his wife when she ran said she would every poor children 7k a year in aid to attend college community college. All dems do is basically expand programs by upping the rates to mostly help poor folks, from the sba, financially aid, to even protecting them from credit companies companies trying to rape the consumers liberals try to look out.

Now it's the terrible unions huh? They're the issue now, alot of public teachers work part time and barely see 40k a year with unions, imagine how much without?

Do better than that and I'm still sticking 2 the script.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:29 PM

Back to the premise of the thread. The over-educated Duke professor who wrote it knows full well he was not being honest. The premise itself is off base.

A fair society is far less about how much one group has and far more about how one can MOVE out of a lower group into a higher one.

European society is vastly more stratified. Higher taxes do not take away the wealthy of the already wealthy. It just makes it that much more difficult to BECOME wealthy.

A fair society does not punish hard work and success. It rewards it and makes it accessible to more people. Europe placates the poor and middle class, giving them enough government Novocain to keep them from yearning for more.

There is a war going on in America now for the soul of this country. Guys like the dishonest professor from the OP want America to be like Europe. Stratified with a few elites who control everything and a great unwashed mass of humanity numbed into believing their government has their best interest at heart and is working to keep them happy…. While preventing them from casting off the need for government and making their own success.

The greatness of America, the “fairness” of our society is the very notion that ANY American ANYWHERE can find success by their own hard work.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Such nonsense....

Billy boy expanded financial aid for poor students, his wife when she ran said she would every poor children 7k a year in aid to attend college community college. All dems do is basically expand programs by upping the rates to mostly help poor folks, from the sba, financially aid, to even protecting them from credit companies companies trying to rape the consumers liberals try to look out.

Now it's the terrible unions huh? They're the issue now, alot of public teachers work part time and barely see 40k a year with unions, imagine how much without?

Do better than that and I'm still sticking 2 the script.

First of all, you are talking about COLLEGE. I am talking about kids in school. Two very different things.

That shell game liberal talk about giving more money to kids to go to college is a joke. All that does is drive up the cost of a college education. IT IS GOVERNMENT GIVEING MONEY TO GOVERNMENT.
WE are talking about k-12 here. and YES unions are the enemy and you cannot tell me a blessed thing about teachers that i dont know. More than half my family are teachers. It has been the family business for 3 generations. They all agree with me.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:44 AM

21,268 posts, read 19,252,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Not my fault you're a corporate slave... are all these people hard workers who worked their ass off for every penny they made?

The richest members of Congress - Aug. 21, 2012

Rep. Michael McCaul $290.5 million R-Texas
Sen. John Kerry $198.8 million D-Mass.
Rep. Darrell Issa $140.6 million R-Calif.
Rep. Jared Polis $91.1 million D-Colo.
Sen. Mark Warner $85.9 million D-Va.
Sen. Jay Rockefeller $83.1 million D-W.Va.
Sen. Richard Blumenthal $80.1 million D-Conn.
Sen. Frank Lautenberg $56.9 million D-N.J.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein $47.2 million D-Calif.
Rep. Jim Renacci $36.7 million R-Ohio
Rep. Vern Buchanan $36.5 million R-Fla.
Rep. Chellie Pingree $31.8 million D-Maine
Rep. Nancy Pelosi $26.4 million D-Calif.
Rep. Diane Black $24.8 million R-Tenn.
Rep. Rick Berg $23.8 million R-N.D.
Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen $21.7 million R-N.J.
Sen. Bob Corker $19.6 million R-Tenn.
Sen. Jim Risch $19.1 million R-Idaho
Rep. Gary Miller $17.4 million R-Calif.
Rep. Mike Kelly $14.9 million R-Penn.
Sen. Claire McCaskill $14.6 million D-Mo.
Sen. Ron Wyden $14.5 million D-Ore.
Rep. Nita Lowey $14.3 million D-N.Y.
Rep. Richard Hanna $13.7 million R-N.Y.
Rep. Nan Hayworth $12.3 million R-N.Y.
Sen. Ron Johnson $12 million R-Wis.
Rep. Trent Franks $11.6 million R-Ariz.
Rep. Scott Rigell $10.8 million R-Va.
Rep. Kenny Marchant $10.4 million R-Texas
Rep. James Sensenbrenner $10.2 million R-Wis.
Rep. Carolyn Maloney $10.1 million D-N.Y.
Rep. Herb Kohl $10.1 million D-Wis.
Sen. Tom Harkin $10 million D-Iowa
Rep. Tom Petri $9.5 million R-Wis.
Rep. Shelley Berkley $9.2 million D-Nev.
Sen. Olympia Snowe $9 million R-Maine
Sen. Mitch McConnell $8.9 million R-Ky.
Rep. Lloyd Doggett $8.9 million D-Texas
Rep. John Campbell $8.9 million D-Calif.
Sen. Johnny Isakson $8.7 million R-Ga.
Sen. John Hoeven $8.4 million R-N.D.
Rep. Tom Price $8.1 million R-Ga.
Rep. Fred Upton $7.7 million R-Mich.
Rep. Steve Pearce $7.5 million R-N.M.
Rep. Bill Flores $7.1 million R-Texas
Rep. Randy Neugebauer $7.1 million R-Texas
Sen. Rob Portman $6.7 million R-Ohio
Rep. John Yarmuth $6.5 million D-Ky.
Sen. Ben Nelson $6.1 million D-Neb.
Rep. Cynthia Lummis $5.9 million R-Wyo.

Not one dime left from mommy and daddy on this list? Everyone paid their fair share of taxes... no one exploited loop holes to hide wealth or to avoid certain taxes... It's how the game is played my friend, explains how Mitt can do things this guy can't do...

Wesley Snipes Report to Federal Prison for Three Year Sentence - ABC News

and others can get passed the system.

Let me guess, liberals is the reason our schools are failing because liberals wanted equality for blacks in the school system and now we're paying the price? Anything else you wanna blame on liberals? Housing, jobs, education, crime, what else?

What you guys really do is sit on this forum all day having negative views on poor people, blame them for not working, don't look at wall street, don't look at corporate crime, just blame all Americas problem on the poor, welfare, SS, Medicaid or whatever else you feel is appropriate.

I'm rather stick2thescript than be a corporate new aged slave.... like the majority of you right wingers, what makes you a slave is having such a thick skull that you won't even give a thought to anything outside of your own twisted views....

That's the worse part...

I can Google stories all day about blacks not getting equal treatment if I wanted too, bob johnson who bought the Charlotte Bobcats even complain about how hard it was for him to even be a owner in the NBA which is about 95% black as is, they didn't want him owning a team but he fought and fought his way through it.

Your view is keeping the wealth and power on your side and I don't blame you for that however it's going to be a greater and greater number of "whiners" on the dem side who will come for you and demand equality and justice....

So be prepared to be angry the rest of your life.
Wow, so many rich politicians, I wonder whom they really represent at work. I mean, rich people tend to have different priorities than the average Joe, they tend to have their own agendas... And how come so many rich people get elected in the first place? I would never vote for a rich candidate, frankly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies