Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 04:56 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Harris and Sammy Weaver shot at LEO's, and an LEO died. As a result, the little (14 year old) Weaver, who was carrying a semi-auto, magazine-fed rifle, got plugged. It's a time-honored consequence of shooting at people who are better-trained and equipped than you.
The dog was shot without provacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 04:58 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The dog was shot without provacation.
Randy Weaver wanted a war, and he got one. Shame he didn't go instead of his wife and kid.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
If ya want to blame anyone, blame the media and the US marshalls service.
There is a lot of truth to that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
One thing that always bugged me about Ruby Ridge was that we never found out who in the FBI authorized the unusual 'rules of engagement' that lead to the death of Vickie and Sammy Weaver. Congress tried to find out exactly who authorized the rules but were met with a 'code of silence,' and never found out. And that did happen under Clinton's watch

So federal LE can kill a couple citizens, then just clam up when Congress wants to know who, how, and why. And get away with it. That's not a law enforcement agency; that's an occupying army. Right then & there they should have disbanded the FBI, but instead they essentially held the US taxpayer accountable, forking over $3 million of taxpayer money to Weaver, and letting the FBI waltz away.
The government protected their own then, just as they do now with Operation Fast & Furious. Sadly, what happened 20 years ago at Ruby Ridge is small potatoes compared to what is allowed to be done now, sans due process, to US Citizens as a result of the Patriot Act and NDAA.

Quote:
Last time I checked - the penalty for selling weapons was not to have your son and wife murdered.

Extrajudicial justice took place - the FBI, ATF, and U.S. Marshalls have innocent blood on their hands.
That was payback for the death of an agent, not for selling weapons. When an LEO was killed in the line of duty the wrath of all responding LEOs was highly predictable. Cooler minds did not prevail at Ruby Ridge and there was plenty of blame to spread around on all sides.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:02 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Randy Weaver wanted a war, and he got one. Shame he didn't go instead of his wife and kid.
No - Mr. Weaver wanted to be left alone in peace with his family - the government brought a war to them - just read the terminology they used: rules of engagement, defensive position, recon patrol, ect... Do you really want the federal government to engage in warfare against American citizens?

Old 08-20-2012, 05:08 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
What happened at Ruby Ridge was very sad and tragic. One thing I'll never understand is why some right wing Republicans blame President Clinton when he wasn't even elected yet.
I'd sure like to see evidence of someone, anyone, blaming Clinton for Ruby Ridge. Have any links?

Old 08-20-2012, 05:09 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
No - Mr. Weaver wanted to be left alone in peace with his family - the government brought a war to them - just read the terminology they used: rules of engagement, defensive position, recon patrol, ect... Do you really want the federal government to engage in warfare against American citizens?
If they're a bunch of neo-nazis who are stockpiling and selling weapons... you make it sound like this was just a little farm with ole ma & pa and the big, bad feds rolled in on account of the old Winchester in their closet.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:11 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This was in our paper today...........20 years after Ruby Ridge, there's forgiveness - US news - NBCNews.com

Randy Weaver moved his family to northern Idaho in the 1980s to escape what he saw as a corrupt world. Over time, federal agents began investigating the Army veteran for possible ties to white supremacist and anti-government groups. Weaver was eventually suspected of selling a government informant two illegal sawed-off shotguns.

Amazing all this can happen because the government suspects you did something. What a loss for this family and the years this women lost with her mom, not to mention a man that really did no wrong.
IMO In both cases it was the Govt who was the terrorist.. I still consider the Govt as the terrorists..

only once when 'We the People' have control back will i think other wise.

The Govt is clearly out of control with the people.

Mo Gal has always had my respect, and Harrier is earning his.

Mo Gal knows this, but Harrier has no idea. That's ok, I don't want harrier to get a swelled head.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
If they're a bunch of neo-nazis who are stockpiling and selling weapons... you make it sound like this was just a little farm with ole ma & pa and the big, bad feds rolled in on account of the old Winchester in their closet.
Wrong! No one at Ruby ridge was selling anything illegal to any body period..

Unlike todays Admin where Obama allowed the BATFE to tinker with full auto sales out of country trying to dream up a sin.... They got the sin alright, but not in the way they hoped.

Lets just say Treason could be the next issue Obama and the BATFE face.

Speaking of Nazi, many Americans see Obama as the next one... I do.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:19 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
One thing that always bugged me about Ruby Ridge was that we never found out who in the FBI authorized the unusual 'rules of engagement' that lead to the death of Vickie and Sammy Weaver.
The blame for the deaths lies first with the guy who was willing to hole up in a cabin with a bunch of guns threatening to fight any attempt to come make him answer for the crimes he was accused of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The thing that bugges me is why the suspect with the warrnat put his wife and family at danger to confront law enforcement on a weapons charge. I certainly wouldn't have place my family i such a dangerous poosition.
Yup. There was certainly a lot of blame to go towards fed agents too, but I don't understand people acting like members of the Weaver party were just murdered out of the blue or that everything is the fault of the feds when Weaver clearly made choices that led to an armed confrontation he couldn't win.

Whether Weaver felt he was innocent of the gun charges or not, in this country you go and answer to justice and defend yourself in court. I certainly don't want to live in a country where anoption when accused of a crime is to barricade and start pointing guns at law enforcement.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
The blame for the deaths lies first with the guy who was willing to hole up in a cabin with a bunch of guns threatening to fight any attempt to come make him answer for the crimes he was accused of.

Yup. There was certainly a lot of blame to go towards fed agents too, but I don't understand people acting like members of the Weaver party were just murdered out of the blue or that everything is the fault of the feds when Weaver clearly made choices that led to an armed confrontation he couldn't win.

Whether Weaver felt he was innocent of the gun charges or not, in this country you go and answer to justice and defend yourself in court. I certainly don't want to live in a country where anoption when accused of a crime is to barricade and start pointing guns at law enforcement.
This is just wrong on so many levels.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies