U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 PM

29,041 posts, read 44,910,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
"They" did attack the guy who had a dog. I didn't imply anything just provided a link showing a couple mulsims attacked a guy who had a dog and they didn't like their "women" around the dog.

I didn't dig at all I happened upon it earlier this morning and after reading your post about how muslims just adore pooches I thought it would be appropriate to add to the discussion. ONE attack isn't enough for you?
I never said they "adore" pooches, and in fact I disagree strongly with their beliefs on that topic... but no, one isolated incident doesn't prove they'll start protesting whenever a dog crosses their path. For crying out loud, I take my dog to local parks all the time, and not a single Muslim (of which we have many locally) has ever complained. That's all I was trying to say.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:44 PM

12,770 posts, read 9,809,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
If that turns out to be true (although it seems awfully "convenient"), I'm sure they will not be charged with a hate crime... they're only investigating the incident, people, nobody has been charged yet! Did anyone even notice THAT?
Only because they don't know who to charge. If they could trace this anonymous caller, I'm sure they would.
And I believe I read that the muslims weren't even aware of the pork. It was some officials that found it, and brought the polica into it. Big F'g deal over nothing.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Actually I just did do a quick google since you now have me interested in this little issue and it appears your stance that muslims aren't calling for banning dogs is also untrue........

"A Dutch Muslim politician has called for a ban on dogs in The Hague, the third-largest city in the Netherlands.
Islamic legal tradition holds that dogs are "unclean" animals, and some say the call to ban them in Holland and elsewhere represents an attempted encroachment of Islamic Sharia law in Europe.
This latest canine controversy -- which the Dutch public has greeted with a mix of amusement and outrage -- follows dozens of other Muslim-vs-dog-related incidents in Europe. Critics say it reflects the growing assertiveness of Muslims in Europe as they attempt to impose Islamic legal and religious norms on European society.
The Dutch dustup erupted after Hasan Küçük, a Turkish-Dutch representative on The Hague city council for the Islam Democrats, vehemently opposed a proposal by the Party for the Animals (Partij voor de Dieren) to make the city more dog friendly."

Muslims Declare Jihad on Dogs in Europe :: Gatestone Institute
That's in Europe, while I have only ever specified American Muslims in my posts... but who cares, anyway? I really don't care as much as you guys think! Maybe they do plan a huge protest against dogs in the US, and if it happens I'll join you all in saying "this is ridiculous." I'm seriously not the big Muslim defender, despite how this debate somehow ended up going. Again, I'm a Jew.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Only because they don't know who to charge. If they could trace this anonymous caller, I'm sure they would.
And I believe I read that the muslims weren't even aware of the pork. It was some officials that found it, and brought the polica into it. Big F'g deal over nothing.
Yep... but as usual, some folks are using this to fuel their already-existing prejudices. That is my issue here, not the fact that bacon was sprinkled in a park. I'll even admit, I laughed when I first read the topic, and really didn't think I'd end up being the one to defend them.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:49 PM

29,419 posts, read 18,676,432 times
Quote:
That's in Europe, while I have only ever specified American Muslims in my posts... but who cares, anyway? I really don't care as much as you guys think! Maybe they do plan a huge protest against dogs in the US, and if it happens I'll join you all in saying "this is ridiculous." I'm seriously not the big Muslim defender, despite how this debate somehow ended up going. Again, I'm a Jew.
Oh so it doesn't count because it's in europe? They believe in the same religioin don't they? Give it time. Were they trying to ban dogs in europe ten years ago?

You don't care now. Why is that?

Old 08-22-2012, 03:50 PM

9,969 posts, read 14,560,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I'm sure this whole plot will get worked into an episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. They always find away to incorporate the latest headlines and stay topical. Ice-T will find a way to solve this case in under an hour including commercials!

Old 08-22-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Oh so it doesn't count because it's in europe? They believe in the same religioin don't they? Give it time. Were they trying to ban dogs in europe ten years ago?
And as I said, IF that ever happens I will join you in fighting it... but until then, I see no Muslims protesting or proposing to ban dogs nationwide. So it's much ado about nothing?

Also, being the same religion doesn't necessarily mean anything - unless you think Israeli Jews' actions represent American Jews, which I assure you they typically do not.

Quote:
You don't care now. Why is that?
I never did care about this specifically, I only responded in the first place to explain hate crimes & anti-discrimination laws. Please read back, and you'll see I agreed this particular incident was probably nothing to get excited about. I apologize for letting it get more heated than that, but really it wasn't my intention upon first responding.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:55 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese weren't in cahoots on this dog hating going on in the world. Where is PETA???

"Chinese government officials overseeing plants that make chicken jerky pet treats blamed for thousands of illnesses and deaths among American dogs have refused to allow U.S. inspectors to collect samples for independent analysis, newly released records show. Investigators with the federal Food and Drug Administration came away empty-handed after conducting April inspections at four jerky treat manufacturing sites in Liaocheng and Jinan, China, according to the records."

China stiff-arms FDA on jerky pet treat testing, reports show - Vitals

Old 08-22-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
And as I said, IF that ever happens I will join you in fighting it... but until then, I see no Muslims protesting or proposing to ban dogs nationwide. So it's much ado about nothing?

Also, being the same religion doesn't necessarily mean anything - unless you think Israeli Jews' actions represent American Jews, which I assure you they typically do not.

I never did care about this specifically, I only responded in the first place to explain hate crimes & anti-discrimination laws. Please read back, and you'll see I agreed this particular incident was probably nothing to get excited about. I apologize for letting it get more heated than that, but really it wasn't my intention upon first responding.
Why do you keep brining Jews into a conversation about muslims and dogs and bacon? Heated? What got heated?

Old 08-22-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Why do you keep brining Jews into a conversation about muslims and dogs and bacon? Heated? What got heated?
It's called an analogy (how can one compare Muslims to Muslims?), and by "heated" I meant beyond what I intended to discuss here... that being said, I'm officially done. Have fun - unlike most people, I actually need to go to work now!

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-22-2012 at 04:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies