Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 02:56 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Obviously in your hasty rant, you totally forgot how to comprehend what you read.

Not food related... there are so many things made. Ever hear of a thing called soap?
Oh snaps!
Nope, I saw that too, which is why I mentioned Halal markets (where they sell more than food products). And in case you weren't reading your own post, it ALSO mentioned food.

But to address that more specifically for you, most devout Muslims are careful to buy Halal PRODUCTS (yes, that includes non-food) or imported products they know are safe. Ever heard of Halal soaps? Oh snaps, they exist!! Trust me, people try to catch Orthodox Jews on this stuff all the time, and usually fail miserably. I understand it's hard to imagine living a life consistent with faith laws - lord knows I couldn't do it myself, nor can most Gentile or Christian Americans - but those who are truly devoted find ways.

Edit: A quick Google search could have answered this question... thanks to the Internet, they don't even have to go into those markets anymore!

http://halalsoapcompany.com/
http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/halal-soap.html
http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/p...s.html?panna=2 (a list of "safe" products from non-Halal manufacturers)

Quote:
Or is that why they smell like a perfume / cologne factory, or reek of BO?
That's nice... thank you for proving my overall point here.

But actually, that really could be why they have a different scent than your average non-Muslim American. As I said, they buy many of their food AND non-food items at Halal markets.

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-22-2012 at 03:13 PM..

Old 08-22-2012, 03:01 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,967,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Right... and NO other American has ever been known to do that, nor has ANY other protest ever become violent. Heck, this was tame compared to some of the "pro-life" and anti-Israel (among other) protests I've seen! Not that two wrongs make a right, but clearly this isn't a Muslim phenomenon.
Well we're not talking about pro life or anti israel protests. You say that "two wrongs don't make a right" but your argument says different.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well we're not talking about pro life or anti israel protests. You say that "two wrongs don't make a right" but your argument says different.
How so? Did I condone or say that I support the violence? I do not, whether you're protesting abortion or Israel or the Iraq war... violence is NEVER the answer, and actually a horrible way to get your message across IMO.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:12 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Nope, I saw that too, but figured you wouldn't read or consider what I'm saying anyway - and in case you weren't reading your own post, it ALSO mentioned food.

But to address that now, just as with the food items, most devout Muslims are careful to buy Halal PRODUCTS (yes, that includes non-food) or imported products they know are safe. Ever heard of Halal soaps? Oh snaps, they exist!! Trust me, people try to catch Orthodox Jews on this stuff all the time, and usually fail miserably. I understand it's hard to imagine living a pure life - lord knows I couldn't do it myself - but those who are truly devoted find ways.

That's nice... thank you for proving my overall point here.

So, it was a diversion, away from the subject I was getting at...

It was nice... It was a freak'n joke. A laugh at their expense, just like the topic of this thread.
I don't care who you are... Bacon found at a Muslim gathering, is hilarious.

Where is the tolerance for ignorance, then? You show no tolerance, where I'm willing to turn the other cheek and let you bash away. Or is it I, that tolerates ignorance?

Old 08-22-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, it was a diversion, away from the subject I was getting at...
Nope... please re-read my response, since I added a few details.

Quote:
It was nice... It was a freak'n joke. A laugh at their expense, just like the topic of this thread.
I don't care who you are... Bacon found at a Muslim gathering, is hilarious.

Where is the tolerance for ignorance, then? You show no tolerance, where I'm willing to turn the other cheek and let you bash away. Or is it I, that tolerates ignorance?
This doesn't even make sense, LOL. But I am tolerant of ignorance... ignorance is around me/us every single day, and I have the right to respond as I see fit, just as you do too. Say whatever you want, but don't be surprised when people label you accordingly for laughing at somebody else's expense. I find humor in many things, but offending people intentionally isn't usually one of them. Making a JOKE about bacon & Muslims/Jews, for example the one about Ozzy Osbourne earlier, can be funny - imposing upon their holy celebration with the intent to offend is not funny, IMO. But hey, humor is subjective I guess.

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-22-2012 at 03:36 PM..

Old 08-22-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
How so? Did I condone or say that I support the violence? I do not, whether you're protesting abortion or Israel or the Iraq war... violence is NEVER the answer, and actually a horrible way to get your message across IMO.
You are the one who brought up that this attack on the guy with a dog was tame compared to abortion protests or israeli protests. I was just showing you a couple muslims who went after a guy with his dog.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You are the one who brought up that this attack on the guy with a dog was tame compared to abortion protests or israeli protests. I was just showing you a couple muslims who went after a guy with his dog.
Please follow... my comment about protests was in response to your comment that "they just like to attack other people" (or whatever it said). Since you seemed to be implying this is typical Muslim behavior, I was merely pointing out that protests of any kind can get heated and/or violent. Basically I was trying to ask, do you consider violence a typical Christian/Democrat/whatever behavior based on somebody's actions at a protest?

And how deep did you have to dig for that story, anyway? If that's the worst you can come up with, I'd say I was right about their lack of concern over other people's pet dogs. Heck, I can Google just about anything and come up with at least ONE story.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:34 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,620,647 times
Will the place name "Baconsfield" from now on be considered a form of hate speech????

Old 08-22-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Please follow... my comment about protests was in response to your comment that "they just like to attack other people" (or whatever it said). Since you seemed to be implying this is typical Muslim behavior, I was merely pointing out that protests of any kind can get heated and/or violent. Basically I was trying to ask, do you consider violence a typical Christian/Democrat/whatever behavior based on somebody's actions at a protest?

And how deep did you have to dig for that story, anyway? If that's the worst you can come up with, I'd say I was right about their lack of concern over other people's pet dogs. Heck, I can Google just about anything and come up with at least ONE story.
"They" did attack the guy who had a dog. I didn't imply anything just provided a link showing a couple mulsims attacked a guy who had a dog and they didn't like their "women" around the dog.

I didn't dig at all I happened upon it earlier this morning and after reading your post about how muslims just adore pooches I thought it would be appropriate to add to the discussion. ONE attack isn't enough for you?

Old 08-22-2012, 03:40 PM

Actually I just did do a quick google since you now have me interested in this little issue and it appears your stance that muslims aren't calling for banning dogs is also untrue........

"A Dutch Muslim politician has called for a ban on dogs in The Hague, the third-largest city in the Netherlands.
Islamic legal tradition holds that dogs are "unclean" animals, and some say the call to ban them in Holland and elsewhere represents an attempted encroachment of Islamic Sharia law in Europe.
This latest canine controversy -- which the Dutch public has greeted with a mix of amusement and outrage -- follows dozens of other Muslim-vs-dog-related incidents in Europe. Critics say it reflects the growing assertiveness of Muslims in Europe as they attempt to impose Islamic legal and religious norms on European society.
The Dutch dustup erupted after Hasan Küçük, a Turkish-Dutch representative on The Hague city council for the Islam Democrats, vehemently opposed a proposal by the Party for the Animals (Partij voor de Dieren) to make the city more dog friendly."

Muslims Declare Jihad on Dogs in Europe :: Gatestone Institute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.