Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2012, 02:27 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I just can't read about women who allow their baby to be ripped from their body and destroyed. It is just too horrible. As the sign out side our town reads "Abortion stops a beating heart."
Then the sign outside your town is an opinion and not based in fact as one is able to terminate a pregnancy before that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 03:26 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
When it comes to abortion nobody needs to "support" anything, just stay out of the way. If you can't fix it then don't stick your nose into a situation.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:16 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,348,731 times

The answer should be obvious.

Execute the rapist and let the innocent baby live.

But most liberals will rant and rave if one dares mention executing criminals...
but they love to execute innocent babies.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:53 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you want breeding age women (from 10 to menopause) to be checked for pregnancy, with you watching, to see if they're pregnant and then these women and children would be incarcerated until they give birth...

Don't you, even YOU, think that's a little extreme? Because that is EXACTLY what you're proposing.

Why is controlling what women do so important to you?
Control women hell I cannot even control my wife when she is near a shoe shop
And a seventeen year old daughter who can wrap me around her wrist when it comes to her boyfriend being allowed to stay the night in her bedroom.

No it is the utter hypocrisy of social conservatives that gets me, not allowing their teenagers to learn about sex at school along with contraception, then they are ever so surprised when their daughter ends up pregnant.
They seem to believe that religion is stronger than a teenage sex drive, it is not.

Yes the Irish policy of no abortions in Ireland is obscene, but when one listens to what Romney/Ryan say about abortion one comes to the conclusion that they would prefer the Irish solution with all women going to Canada/Mexico for abortions.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:02 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
our op must be todd akin's brother. he obviously does not have a daughter I doubt he would like his child subject to an exam to see if she is virginal when she wanted to travel out of state to see her granny.

third world thinking. women in america will not go back to the 1950's and before when women died from self inflicted and back alley abortions. we will not go back and have a bunch of men politicians tell us what we can do with our lives. nor will we have religion if it is not our own tell us how to live our lives.

women's lives are their business no one else. we can be saints or sl*ts. we can abort for medical reasons or just because we don't think it is the right time for us to be pregnant. you don't like it too bad.

anti choicers like the op think women are militant now, keep this kind of crap up and you will truly see militant women.
Nope, the OP is pro-choice and a liberal, with a daughter.
Militant women, with a wife and a daughter I have two at home.
And when mother and daughter fight, brave men go and hide in the workshop

Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
When it comes to abortion nobody needs to "support" anything, just stay out of the way. If you can't fix it then don't stick your nose into a situation.
Finally, good 'ol common sense strikes again!

Old 08-21-2012, 05:24 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Then the sign outside your town is an opinion and not based in fact as one is able to terminate a pregnancy before that point.
I'd far sooner see a sign up encouraging birth control or self control. It's can be too late to worry much about beating hearts when an unwanted pregnancy happens.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:34 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Who do you think appointed the justices to the Surpreme Court who decided Roe v Wade?
Exactly. The constitutionality of abortion has already been decided.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:35 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
No, in fact, I think it should be encouraged for democrats.
And Republican women should be encouraged to swallow instead.
A stupid answer deserves an equally inane response.

Not that I love Democrats or Republicans.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:03 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
It should not be 'criminalized'. It should not be encouraged. The government should not support abortions nor should they be handing out billions of dollars to 'Planned Parenthood'.""""

Despite FACTS to the contrary YOU keep lying about the government supporting abortion with 'billions" of dollars .....you have NEVER supplied one tiny piece of proof that the government does this..AND you HAVE been shown it isn't true.

Why can't you supply proof of your silly allegations? Because they aren't true....So, Why do you keep repeating yourself?........that doesn't look very intelligent at all.....

""Just because a leader is personally against abortions doesn't mean if he is against it, then he should have it criminalized. It's like I don't like playing football, so therefore football should be criminalized.

America has already decided, abortion is legal.

However, voting in a party with the same mindset as a rapist(control, overpower,attack, denigrate, humiliate women) is dangerous to women's rights and freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies