Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2012, 07:29 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,262 times

Advertisements

I love how the same people who are staunchly opposed to "Obamacare" because they desperately want government out of their own medical decisions seem to be the very same people who desperately want government involved when it comes to other people's medical decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 07:43 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself...
As a conservative tea party supporter, I would say, abortions should be discouraged. Females should not be using abortions as an excuse for having free sex, come what may; 'if I get pregnant, then O'bummer will give me a free abortion'. No, that free's the woman from all responsibilities for her wild wayword ways, and to continue it until dooms-day. Abortions are not a day-after pill. Parent's, clergy, doctors and teachers should advising young girls that there are alternatives, like abstaining from sex until marrage. In case a girl does get pregnant, she should be advised that there is an alternative if she feels she can not care for the child, -like adoption. Abortion is the very last alternative, and that is when the woman's life is at stack, rape or incest. Family Planning should not be supported by the government.
After all, we are not a muslim country yet where a woman and her wild sex is subject to death.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
As a conservative tea party supporter, I would say, abortions should be discouraged. Females should not be using abortions as an excuse for having free sex, come what may; 'if I get pregnant, then O'bummer will give me a free abortion'. No, that free's the woman from all responsibilities for her wild wayword ways, and to continue it until dooms-day. Abortions are not a day-after pill. Parent's, clergy, doctors and teachers should advising young girls that there are alternatives, like abstaining from sex until marrage. In case a girl does get pregnant, she should be advised that there is an alternative if she feels she can not care for the child, -like adoption. Abortion is the very last alternative, and that is when the woman's life is at stack, rape or incest. Family Planning should not be supported by the government.
After all, we are not a muslim country yet where a woman and her wild sex is subject to death.
Huh? You lost me at 'tea party'.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 PM

781 posts, read 1,196,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself...
Were you searching for abortion? This is a two month old thread, left untouched.

Like there aren't enough active abortion threads in this forum?

Old 11-04-2012, 10:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
I was going to type my normal post but I see that I have already done so in this thread..

This post serves to prompt those who know what I normally post to repeat it in their minds - and I have thereby spread my important message.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:27 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,539 times
No. Freedom of choice.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:36 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
No. Freedom of choice.
Freedom to choose to destroy innocent human life?

Yeah - that makes a lot of sense.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:38 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Freedom to choose to destroy innocent human life?
What human life? A zygote is as human as a zygote of a whale is a whale.

Why don't you care about the thousands of children who are already living, who do not have a home to live in?

Old 11-04-2012, 10:45 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times
The irony is that if you did criminalzie abortion and assuming there was no grandfather clause then the GOP would suffer the most damage. Studies have shown that the abject refusal of birth control has contibuted to abortions. Basically, the GOP would eliminate themselves by criminalizing abortion.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:47 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Believe abortion should only be available to rape victims, if the baby would be born with severe birth defects or the mother is in imminent danger of dying from giving birth.
So, it's OK to kill a baby if you approve of the reason (rape). Congrats! You are pro-choice - as long as you get to do the choosing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies