U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:50 AM

13,054 posts, read 7,787,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
The UN is not any concern we can not sign any treaty with them that has any effect what so ever on the CONS.

We could sign a small arms agreement with them on other countries and their small arms but for what reasons i wouldn't know. Maybe to IMPORT MORE AK-47's huh ? bring back the days of buyin Ak's for under 99 bucks!

There are a lot of Euro guns I don't have in my collection, and some American guns OBAMA refused to allow back, like the M1 Garands.... which IS our heritage!
Those Korean M1s have been approved for import. Just a matter of working out the details with the Korean government and getting all the form 6s processed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 09:54 AM

12,193 posts, read 10,380,682 times
I'm trying to understand how Obama is a threat to the Second Amendment when he has done absolutely nothing to curtail gun rights, even when it was politically expedient to do so?
Right-wingers will create any straw-man argument possible, apparently.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:56 AM

39,279 posts, read 40,634,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I'm trying to understand how Obama is a threat to the Second Amendment when he has done absolutely nothing to curtail gun rights,
Because of his past statement and legislation he's voted on going back to when he was state Senator.

Quote:
even when it was politically expedient to do so?
It isn't. I can tell you right now with a publicly stated anti gun policy he could kiss Pennsylvania goodbye. I live in an area that is heavily Democrat and when I say heavy I mean a 60/30 split. If there is one thing the local Democrats diverge on with other Democrats is gun control.

Once the election is over reelection is no longer an issue. The concern of course is that once he's in that position those anti gun policies that he's supported in the past will come to the forefront.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:10 PM

13,054 posts, read 7,787,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Because of his past statement and legislation he's voted on going back to when he was state Senator.

It isn't. I can tell you right now with a publicly stated anti gun policy he could kiss Pennsylvania goodbye. I live in an area that is heavily Democrat and when I say heavy I mean a 60/30 split. If there is one thing the local Democrats diverge on with other Democrats is gun control.

Once the election is over reelection is no longer an issue. The concern of course is that once he's in that position those anti gun policies that he's supported in the past will come to the forefront.
Romney instituted a health insurance mandate when he became governor of Mass. Now it is the law of the land under Obamacare.
Romney also instituted a complete ban on all assault type weapons in Mass. when he was governor. What's to prevent him from doing the same thing on a national level if he gets elected?
The odds are just as good that Romney will ban guns just as much as it is that Obama will ban guns. Especially since it is all speculation on our part.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:14 PM

19,122 posts, read 22,178,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Those Korean M1s have been approved for import. Just a matter of working out the details with the Korean government and getting all the form 6s processed.
Oh yeah????? I didn't hear of that........ last I knew they were offered back and Obama declared by himself it was a no go..... i will google it up....... I want one of the those if i can swing it... I bet these will run over a G note easy, the last of the last.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I'm trying to understand how Obama is a threat to the Second Amendment when he has done absolutely nothing to curtail gun rights, even when it was politically expedient to do so?
Right-wingers will create any straw-man argument possible, apparently.
Probably most folks here than know of me would say I am right of center somewhere, but imo Obama is nothing in terms of the 2nd... his hands are tied even if he wants to kill the 2nd...

That's with out any NRA even...

Now the Democratic party is a whole other matter and no one can deny that..

Old 08-23-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

Oh yeah? The coal people aren't fed up to here with the weasel in chief yet?

Old 08-23-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Romney instituted a health insurance mandate when he became governor of Mass. Now it is the law of the land under Obamacare.
Romney also instituted a complete ban on all assault type weapons in Mass. when he was governor. What's to prevent him from doing the same thing on a national level if he gets elected?
The odds are just as good that Romney will ban guns just as much as it is that Obama will ban guns. Especially since it is all speculation on our part.
If Romney pulls a stunt like that he will be tarred and feathered and shipped to some gulag in Red Commie China. I know he did in MASS, and that is why i won't vote for him now, but if he pulls that his summer house on the pond will be the first thing to be gone in the next rev war. You know that little 10 million dollar shack on Lk Winnie..

The people are getting sick of this chit.... If he wins and all we get is the same old same old he is as doomed as Obama.

I dunno but maybe I am wrong and there really is something in the water and everybody is moon bat crazy.

In that case my plan is to take NH for myself and be King! I got a lot of lead and can cast lead plates as easy as i can cast bullets, and you of all people should know what those Euros did with lead plates nailed to trees!
If that happens i will see what i can do about giving you AZ if you want it.....

Old 08-23-2012, 12:34 PM

10,283 posts, read 11,184,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
If Obama wins the election and becomes a lame duck president, what specific dangers are our rights as individuals to keep and bear arms in? While I don't believe we are in any immediate dangers of losing our right or having our arms confiscated, exactly how much damage could he really do? I don't believe that he alone, as a president, can do anything, and a lot of it depends on the direction the rest of the electon goes as in the majority in the House and senate. I realize a lot of people do fall for that kind of hype, propagated generally by backers of the GOP. Could I be wrong? As a strong supporter of the second amendment, what specifically should I know about Obama before I cast my vote, and why is it that so many supporters of the 2A oppose him with such vigor?
If President Obama is reelected I predict that he will do everything that he did in his first term to take away people's right to keep and bear arms.

Which would be exactly: nothing.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
If President Obama is reelected I predict that he will do everything that he did in his first term to take away people's right to keep and bear arms.

Which would be exactly: nothing.
yeah keep it up jack, You know the truth, but won't tell it...

it doesn't matter, since the entire democratic party is as anti gun at the fed level as it gets, but they just can't get the people to bend over far enough to take what they really want.

That is ban guns and then take the Nation....

For 50+ years now we know who and the what the real problem is. Obama is a chump on the stick, and the stick is all that's left of the fence.

He makes a nice little puppet. A lot of the blacks seem to be coming around to call him Tommy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or