Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:10 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Has it been done? Has Obama signed any restrictions into law? No? Then relax.

The issue is not what he has done as the topic indicates, it's what e might do if re-elcted. I'll tell you flat out he can't win this election if he he had pushed for the restrictions he supports. I know my own state of PA....... loss for anti gun advocate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The issue is not what he has done as the topic indicates, it's what e might do if re-elcted. I'll tell you flat out he can't win this election if he he had pushed for the restrictions he supports. I know my own state of PA....... loss for anti gun advocate.

Again, this is the most asinine argument I've seen today, and thats saying something.

What he might do tomorrow? You've got to be kidding me.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Again, this is the most asinine argument I've seen today, and thats saying something.

What he might do tomorrow? You've got to be kidding me.
Excuse me? You're not concerned about what a politician might do once elected especially when that politician has no concerns about a reelection bid in the future?

That has got to be the most asinine argument of all time.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I believe President Obama knows and understands the Constitution better than most. I do not expect him to let the gun grabbers ignore the 2nd Amendment any more than he would allow any of the other parts of the Constitution to be ignored.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
If Obama wins the election and becomes a lame duck president, what specific dangers are our rights as individuals to keep and bear arms in? While I don't believe we are in any immediate dangers of losing our right or having our arms confiscated, exactly how much damage could he really do? I don't believe that he alone, as a president, can do anything, and a lot of it depends on the direction the rest of the electon goes as in the majority in the House and senate. I realize a lot of people do fall for that kind of hype, propagated generally by backers of the GOP. Could I be wrong? As a strong supporter of the second amendment, what specifically should I know about Obama before I cast my vote, and why is it that so many supporters of the 2A oppose him with such vigor?
An Obama re-election means the end of the entire US Constitution and our country as we know it. Heck, it is already nearly destroyed with the Patriot Act and the NDAA already.

Obama & Co. are moving to the United Nation's global declarations on what define human rights and away from not only the US Constitution but the USA as a sovereign nation.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:20 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
why do people focus on obama and guns.

romney was the one who banned assault weapons in his state.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:24 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Excuse me? You're not concerned about what a politician might do once elected especially when that politician has no concerns about a reelection bid in the future?

That has got to be the most asinine argument of all time.
Ryan has a plan to do away with medicare. I would love to know what Romney or Obama's economic plan is to know what they are going to do when they are President.

But the President hasn't announced, hasn't done, and hasn't even threatened to take away guns while holding national office.

Again, there is a difference between state law, and federal law.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I believe President Obama knows and understands the Constitution better than most. I do not expect him to let the gun grabbers ignore the 2nd Amendment any more than he would allow any of the other parts of the Constitution to be ignored.
If you go back to his statements on the DC decision it's clear he doesn't support that SCOTUS decision so he does in fact support the restriction of gun ownership.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
But the President hasn't announced, hasn't done, and hasn't even threatened to take away guns while holding national office.
His statements and legislation he's supported going back to when he was politician in Illinois are all consistent with an anti gun policy.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:33 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
If Obama wins the election and becomes a lame duck president, what specific dangers are our rights as individuals to keep and bear arms in? While I don't believe we are in any immediate dangers of losing our right or having our arms confiscated, exactly how much damage could he really do? I don't believe that he alone, as a president, can do anything, and a lot of it depends on the direction the rest of the electon goes as in the majority in the House and senate. I realize a lot of people do fall for that kind of hype, propagated generally by backers of the GOP. Could I be wrong? As a strong supporter of the second amendment, what specifically should I know about Obama before I cast my vote, and why is it that so many supporters of the 2A oppose him with such vigor?
The President can not AMEND the Constitution and Obamas election will not effect the Supreme Court which interprets the Constitution. The whole issue is a Red Herring drummed up by the NRA to keep the bobble heads hating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies