U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-21-2012, 06:19 AM
 
2,845 posts, read 3,934,653 times
Reputation: 3234

Advertisements

President Obama. Can we believe what he says to trust him with another 4-year term? Since he wouldn't be campaigning during another term (we could HOPE so), perhaps he would spend more than the single year he did this time on something other than taking vacations and campaigning.

He predicted that unemployment would be 6% by now. It has been above 8% for his entire 3 1/2 years in office to date, and that is just the reported number. The true unemployment level is probably closer to 15%.

Private sector jobs -those "pick-and-shovel-ready" jobs that he promised- are still 4.3 MILLION below the level of January 2008. And yet, since 2008 3.6 MILLION Americans more have been added to the Social Security's disability insurance program. Thus, the statement that 50% pay taxes that the other 50% live off is not so far-fetched.

Obama's fiscal budget growth projections, how have they held up?
2010 budget growth forecast : 3.2% vs. reality : 2.4%
2011 budget growth forecast : 4.0% vs. reality : 1.8%
2012 budget growth forecast : 4.6% vs. reality ?? but economists don't expect it to be above 2.3% at best

Obama clearly went into the presidency fairly clueless as to how his socialist ideas would help to wreck the economy and scare businesses.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...eds-to-go.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2012, 06:29 AM
 
Location: Central Maine
4,687 posts, read 5,534,464 times
Reputation: 4966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Obama clearly went into the presidency fairly clueless as to how his socialist ideas would help to wreck the economy and scare businesses.
Thank you so much for that rational, reasonable look at President Obama's promises.

[/sarcasm]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 06:35 AM
 
2,845 posts, read 3,934,653 times
Reputation: 3234
[worthless comment]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Thank you so much for that rational, reasonable look at President Obama's promises.

[/sarcasm]
[/worthless comment]

But it should be expected, I suppose, from those who were passionate believers in the Hope-and-Changer. It is hard to face real numbers and be in the same room with reality, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Ohio
19,883 posts, read 14,221,081 times
Reputation: 16076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
President Obama. Can we believe what he says to trust him with another 4-year term? Since he wouldn't be campaigning during another term (we could HOPE so), perhaps he would spend more than the single year he did this time on something other than taking vacations and campaigning.

He predicted that unemployment would be 6% by now. It has been above 8% for his entire 3 1/2 years in office to date, and that is just the reported number. The true unemployment level is probably closer to 15%.

Private sector jobs -those "pick-and-shovel-ready" jobs that he promised- are still 4.3 MILLION below the level of January 2008. And yet, since 2008 3.6 MILLION Americans more have been added to the Social Security's disability insurance program. Thus, the statement that 50% pay taxes that the other 50% live off is not so far-fetched.

Obama's fiscal budget growth projections, how have they held up?
2010 budget growth forecast : 3.2% vs. reality : 2.4%
2011 budget growth forecast : 4.0% vs. reality : 1.8%
2012 budget growth forecast : 4.6% vs. reality ?? but economists don't expect it to be above 2.3% at best

Obama clearly went into the presidency fairly clueless as to how his socialist ideas would help to wreck the economy and scare businesses.
Nice job.

In order to solve any problem, you must first understand the root cause of the problem.

Obama the "you-Harvard" is apparently too stupid to figure out why the US is losing jobs, and because he can't figure it out, he cannot put forth any solutions (not that there might actually be a solution). The only thing he has done is cause additional harm.

2.3% for 2012 just isn't going to happen. 1st Quarter final was 1.9% and 2nd Quarter estimate is 1.5% with the first revision due August 29.

Given that the average annual GDP growth rate since 1961 has only been 2.89%, it was really stupid to suggest any growth over 3.0%.

If I had to guess, I'd say the idiot Obama and the morons on his White House Staff (including the neo-cons) we're looking at the recovery during the 1970s/1980s recession. If so, that would mean they're dumber than we thought, since this recession and that recession have different root causes.

Agreeing....

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top