Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 01:29 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,559,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That's not what King said. He said the issue has not been brought up to him personally like others have been.
He votes on these issues. You have no problem with an elected official voting on an issue and obviously having no knowledge on the subject? I don't care whether or not he has ever known someone personally affected, I care that he has obviously made no attempt to educate himself on the issues he votes on, issues that have potentially huge consequences for those who are affected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Statutory rape is sex between two willing individuals, with one being under the legal age as defined by whatever law has jurisdiction where it occurred.
"Willing" is difficult to establish if below the age of consent.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:33 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
He votes on these issues. You have no problem with an elected official voting on an issue and obviously having no knowledge on the subject? I don't care whether or not he has ever known someone personally affected, I care that he has obviously made no attempt to educate himself on the issues he votes on, issues that have potentially huge consequences for those who are affected.
He didn't say anything about knowing anyone it happened to, he said the issue has not been brought to him personally. I see we have another paid misinformant agent here folks. They are starting to add up!

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-21-2012 at 03:19 PM..

Old 08-21-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
"Willing" is difficult to establish if below the age of consent.
It's very easy to establish. "Did you willingly have sex with this person?" "Yes your honor I did."

Old 08-21-2012, 01:35 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,689,672 times
Quote:
He didn't say anything about knowing anyone it happened to, he said the issue has not been brought to him personally. I see we have another paid misinformant agent here folks. They are starting to add up!
Dont you just love those stylish and trendy abortion glasses they are all wearing.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-21-2012 at 03:19 PM..

Old 08-21-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Dont you just love those stylish and trendy abortion glasses they are all wearing.
I can't decide if all these lies and purposeful misinformation is hilarious or infuriating to watch.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:39 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
I am older and male but back in my day there was pretty much just one way to get pregnant, so I need some help. I can see getting pregnant by incest. I can see the concept.

But statutory rape is giving me one bad time..... I am sure that it must be possible as in this new age one guy seems to have no problem getting some other guy pregnant, but i don't know or even want to know how these new younger folks accomplish that.

All I want to know is how a woman can get pregnant from statutory rape?

Must be in the air.....

Old 08-21-2012, 01:41 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I am older and male but back in my day there was pretty much just one way to get pregnant, so I need some help. I can see getting pregnant by incest. I can see the concept.

But statutory rape is giving me one bad time..... I am sure that it must be possible as in this new age one guy seems to have no problem getting some other guy pregnant, but i don't know or even want to know how these new younger folks accomplish that.

All I want to know is how a woman can get pregnant from statutory rape?

Must be in the air.....
Not sure if you are joking or not.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:52 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
Quote:
Your post is meaningless. Where are the stats about statutory rape that results in pregancy?
You're such a funny guy.

In 2007 Iowa girls under 14 years of age had 25 abortions. Now you may wish to argue that all or the majority were for girls aged 14 and if the father was 19 and 11 months that it technically isn't statutory rape. This we do know 457 teens had abortions in Iowa in 2007 and depending on how you want to slice and dice Iowa's statute on what is and what isn't statutory rate, I wouldn't guess.

So by all means be my guest. It will be fun to watch you try to wiggle some running room considering your otherwise " Real American Strong Traditional Christian Family Values™"

(statistics from the Iowa Right to Life)

Abortion Statistics : Iowa Right To Life

Old 08-21-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
He didn't say anything about knowing anyone it happened to, he said the issue has not been brought to him personally.
Pffft!

Quote:
It's very easy to establish. "Did you willingly have sex with this person?" "Yes your honor I did."
Sorry, but I'm not a big fan of pedophilia. There are very good reasons for age-of consent laws.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-21-2012 at 03:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies