U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 04:44 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,475 posts, read 13,812,586 times

Advertisements

. I think itís immoral for us to compel conscientious objecting taxpayers to fund abortion through the federal government, or any other government for that matter. So thatís my stand. And if there are exceptions there, then bring me those exceptions, letís talk about it. In the meantime itís wrong for us to compel pro-life people to pay taxes to fund abortion.

Rep. Steve King claims abortion comments were taken out of context - The Hill's Ballot Box

Yet he has no problem sending soldiers off to die.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:50 PM

30,194 posts, read 16,586,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
. I think itís immoral for us to compel conscientious objecting taxpayers to fund abortion through the federal government, or any other government for that matter. So thatís my stand. And if there are exceptions there, then bring me those exceptions, letís talk about it. In the meantime itís wrong for us to compel pro-life people to pay taxes to fund abortion.

Obviously, you are not a Christian (or Jew) and have no clue about what God sent his people to do. God sent his people into battle many times. But, I can assure you, God has a problem with abortion. God is "pro-life."

Old 08-21-2012, 04:52 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,475 posts, read 13,812,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Obviously, you are not a Christian (or Jew) and have no clue about what God sent his people to do. God sent his people into battle many times. But, I can assure you, God has a problem with abortion. God is "pro-life."
Which Bible do you read? Is this verse different in yours?
Hosea 13:16 - Online Parallel Bible
They will fall by the sword, Their little ones will be dashed in pieces, And their pregnant women will be ripped open.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:54 PM

20,333 posts, read 10,414,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
When will your god be appearing on the campaign circuit to tell us this?

Unless you can prove the existence of your god, with verifiable evidence, it has no business telling me what to do, or believe.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:54 PM

14,822 posts, read 13,283,161 times
It's all about getting votes and winning the election. So I think clueless headed voters are more to blame.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:56 PM

14,822 posts, read 13,283,161 times
Quote:
Which Bible do you read? Is this verse different in yours?
Hosea 13:16 - Online Parallel Bible
They will fall by the sword, Their little ones will be dashed in pieces, And their pregnant women will be ripped open.
My GOD, I didn't know He approved of abortion.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:57 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,041,096 times
"How can a politician be anti-abortion and Pro-War. Sanctity of life? What a joke."

I would add, being pro-life, but anti-welfare, anti-food stamps, anti-preschool education, anti-school lunch program and just anti-education in general (300,000 education employees laid off since 2009).

Old 08-21-2012, 04:58 PM

8,399 posts, read 5,294,371 times
Quote:

Rep. Steve King claims abortion comments were taken out of context - The Hill's Ballot Box

That kind of thinking is what one calls being a conservative. Love for unborn fetuses, intense dislike for most everyone else who isn't exactly like the conservative.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:04 PM

6,226 posts, read 6,830,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
When will your god be appearing on the campaign circuit to tell us this?

Unless you can prove the existence of your god, with verifiable evidence, it has no business telling me what to do, or believe.
What you don't understand is it's all about business. War is for money and power, children are the ones who will fight the future wars. Pro War---anti-abortion. See?

Old 08-21-2012, 05:21 PM

20,333 posts, read 10,414,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
What you don't understand is it's all about business. War is for money and power, children are the ones who will fight the future wars. Pro War---anti-abortion. See?
I was responding to a poster who brought god into the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies