U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 PM

9,832 posts, read 5,849,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Geez. I get more interesting insults from houseplants. *yawn*
Well liar was certainly creative on your behalf... Especially considering it was not a lie by either of us... Sure was convenient though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 PM

87,013 posts, read 102,621,396 times
Quote:
Some guy named Ramsey? Roemer? Something like that.
No, Roemer was gov. of CO a while back. It's Romulus, or Remus, or something like that!

Old 08-21-2012, 07:33 PM

22,383 posts, read 27,584,655 times
Quote:
State vs federal mandate? Who cares? When every state has it...it's pretty much a national mandate!
But the government is not forcing people to drive.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:41 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,231,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am not sure of the math, but I think he showed real leadership in taking us where we need to go as a society. Did it go far enough? No, but noone should go without health coverage, and if I pay a dollar in taxes, I want the first 90 cents to go toward things like that.

Unlike my conservative brethren, I don't like to whine about helping my fellow citizens. I don't think it is just a tax hike. It is much more comprehensive and important than that.
Is there any chance that the middle class will pay most of these tax hikes that Obamacare is the cause of? I bet you have never seen all 18 of them on one page, yet, have you Fh.

http://patriotupdate.com/28162/obama...care-tax-hikes

Old 08-21-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Here's some reality for you...taxes haven't been raised because the individual mandate doesn't kick in until 2014.

Aren't you tired of embarrassing yourself yet?
I think you may notice on this LINK that a number of taxes are in effect and surely you missed all of this trying to defend that undebated law with us.

ObamaTax: 18 Obama Tax Hikes – Patriot Update

Old 08-21-2012, 07:45 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,192,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Well liar was certainly creative on your behalf... Especially considering it was not a lie by either of us... Sure was convenient though...
Sorry, it seems like absurd hyperbole. Two words: Prove it.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:47 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,192,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think you may notice on this LINK that a number of taxes are in effect and surely you missed all of this trying to defend that undebated law with us.

ObamaTax: 18 Obama Tax Hikes – Patriot Update
From "The Free Press of The Conservative Revolution"?? Got a LINK to anything a little more biased?

Believe all the crap you find on the internet??? LMFAO!!!

25,235 posts, read 14,054,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You are hiding behind the word "specifically" - every single tax on that list either directly or indirectly raises taxes on the middle class.

Your class warfare rhetoric only works in liberal fairytale land - in the real world actions have actual consequences - and costs get passed along.

In the case of PPACA - it is a direct tax on the middle class.
Why don't you list the ones that will be applied to the middle-class and you can prove how they will, if you are so confident in the list I find it strange that you do not want to discuss them one by one.

Quote:
Is mandatory car insurance also a "tax"?
How much does the federal government require in car insurance? Maybe that one is nothing but state charged and operated. There is a chance that the Supreme Court did say that the whole Obamacare thing is a tax law or it may be unconstitutional. You do remember what the Court said in defense of the damned law being discussed here, I hope.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Oh really?

I guess you wanted it passed before you knew what was in it.

Please read the link and inform yourself before making such statements, as you are blatantly, absolutely WRONG! (no libs read these links as facts are of no concern to them, in true Stalinistic fashion. Facts are irrelevant, comrade!)

The List of the Obamacare Taxes | Intellectual Takeout (ITO)
The sad part of all this is that 8 of the Obamacare 18 new taxes have already gone into effect and some libs here are arguing that none of them go into effect till 2013. They have never looked at anything like your link for the very reason you expressed. Aren't they something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or